Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

10000 Brits stuck in Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
The title of this thread should be changed to

10000 Brits happily enjoying Switzerland

Switzerland welcomed them and allow those who wish to leave to leave. Whoever remain are because they prefer being "stuck" there than in Britain.

Get over it!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BobinCH, your case is different to those that have recently gone out there for a holiday, or am I mistaken?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
re BobinCH and 'irresponsible' - I think sort out the circumstances before shouting. Bob and family simply are complying with local regulations, and as people living in CH rather than travelling there are not importing any virus into CH. On that basis, hold back with the shouting.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
English Covidiots in Switzerland...

Our efficient Civil Guard & Military have interned them all at there own expense..

Happy Happy Swiss Hotel rates !!

www.blick.ch/schweiz/westschweiz/englaender-im-wallis-nehmen-quarantaene-regeln-easy-wir-sind-im-schoenen-verbier-und-es-schneit-id16259135.html

EU to Include UK in Its List of Epidemiologically Unsafe Third-Countries Starting From January 1

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-to-include-uk-in-its-list-of-epidemiologically-unsafe-third-countries-starting-from-january-1/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm not getting at Bob, he is normally a great poster & source of info. I may be mistaken but I assumed those were UK holiday makers as that was the tread was about, if they live there then you are correct they are not transporting the virus.
As for the affects of no one travelling, well the import of the new strain from a South African tourist into the UK & then onto Europe, answers my thought on that.
I'm not allowed to go to the local beach to walk my dog, but someone from halfway round the globe is! Something is not right there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonny996 wrote:

I'm not allowed to go to the local beach to walk my dog, but someone from halfway round the globe is! Something is not right there.

As crazy as that is, that's your (U.K.) problem. It is of no concern to people who live in CH. Contact your MP.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonny996 wrote:
I'm not getting at Bob, he is normally a great poster & source of info. I may be mistaken but I assumed those were UK holiday makers as that was the tread was about, if they live there then you are correct they are not transporting the virus.
As for the affects of no one travelling, well the import of the new strain from a South African tourist into the UK & then onto Europe, answers my thought on that.

No I was responding to this post flaming Verbier restaurants and replied as I am there and the restaurants are adhering to the rules from what I can see.

vipul wrote:
@brianatab, I agree selfish and foolhardy. The Swiss restauranteurs In verbier don’t give a damn accepting bookings from brits who should be quarantining . Reports that they are packed with no regard to the required social distancing . Happy to take the cash .

You’ll all be delighted to know that restaurants have now closed as of 26th December so it’ll be sarnies outside in -15 today Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BobinCH, lunch is such a wonderful partof the ski experience @Jonny996, why can't you go to your local beach?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Frosty the Snowman, even though it’s only 4 miles away, it’s in a different council area & we are not allowed to travel out of our area
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BobinCH wrote:
so it’ll be sarnies outside in -15 today Very Happy

Well, at least they'll stay firm and not get squashed in the backpack Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brianatab wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
so it’ll be sarnies outside in -15 today Very Happy

Well, at least they'll stay firm and not get squashed in the backpack Very Happy Very Happy

I’m seeing a new use case for heated glove liners. Stop you breaking a tooth on your lunch if you tuck your baguette butty inside.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hyperbole, generalizations, and self righteousness. I didn't encounter any of that in Switzerland three weeks ago. A big sign saying "This is it" with nearly a metre of snow underneath is positively downplaying matters.

If you post a figure, or a fact, put a note linking or explaining the source. Otherwise you're doing a splendid impression of a shopkeeper confronted with a dead parrot.

As for your moralizing, it is the sort of herd stupidity that leads to people running around after discarded shoes or gourds of some poor unfortunate who had the misfortune to speak the wrong thing at the wrong moment.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Headengel2020, Did you get a dictionary for Christmas
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonny996 wrote:
@Headengel2020, Did you get a dictionary for Christmas

Yes, in the same package as Reading for Dummies, which I'm really struggling to get into.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was sufficiently intrigued by the discarded gourds to Google them - to no avail. I suspect that English is not @Headengel2020's first language.
snow report
Reading for dummies - Is that Basingstoke?
snow report
@pam w, I suspect shoes and discarded gourds is a reference to "The Life of Brian"
ski holidays
Quote:

I suspect shoes and discarded gourds is a reference to "The Life of Brian"

Ah! OK.
latest report
@Frosty the Snowman, Laughing
snow report
Laughing @Frosty the Snowman, Excellent
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
No, that would be Slough.
snow report
Headengel2020 wrote:
Hyperbole, generalizations, and self righteousness. I didn't encounter any of that in Switzerland three weeks ago. A big sign saying "This is it" with nearly a metre of snow underneath is positively downplaying matters.

If you post a figure, or a fact, put a note linking or explaining the source. Otherwise you're doing a splendid impression of a shopkeeper confronted with a dead parrot.

As for your moralizing, it is the sort of herd stupidity that leads to people running around after discarded shoes or gourds of some poor unfortunate who had the misfortune to speak the wrong thing at the wrong moment.

Consider the birds. They don't have Covid and they're happy.
snow conditions
@iainm,
Quote:

But they have avian flu!
latest report
RobinS wrote:
@iainm,
Quote:

But they have avian flu!

It got the Norwegian Blue...
latest report
Thousands of Brits have done a runner.

Swiss not happy.

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/hunderte-briten-verschwinden-ueber-nacht-aus-schweizer-corona-quarantaene-a-fd789b03-b1bd-4b8d-a800-3c19998801c9
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
Thousands of Brits have done a runner.

Swiss not happy.

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/hunderte-briten-verschwinden-ueber-nacht-aus-schweizer-corona-quarantaene-a-fd789b03-b1bd-4b8d-a800-3c19998801c9

Oh they've left for France Sad
snow conditions
Be just deserts is the Swiss authorities got hold of their passport details and banned them from returning. Maybe even a ban from the Schengen area?

At the end of the day, they have deliberately broken quarantine rules in the Country they were visiting, so should be due some form of punishment.
No doubt some of them will try to find somewhere else to ski for a few days, before heading home to the UK. Pound to a penny, they won't follow the rules here either.

It's these sort of d**heads that will keep spreading the virus and cause longer restrictions for anyone else.

Maybe if we could identify some of them, put tags on as an example, so they have to stay at home.

Name and Shame!! (where is the News of the World when it could have been useful for once? Puzzled Puzzled )
snow report
May the Lord preserve us from the gutter press deciding to make an example of people.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
British embassy website says you are allowed to leave Switzerland during quarantine if you take protective measures, driving your own car would be considered one.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
No, that would be Slough.

Pronounced, “sluff” presumably?
snow report
Come friendly bombs, rain on........
ski holidays
prometheus wrote:
Come friendly bombs,fall on........
latest report
@BenW_86, surely, if placed into quarantine by the local Authority, you would need their permission?

Hopefully, anybody who has symptoms (at least 1, so probably more of same group) has not gone awol.
ski holidays
Yes, they also said speak with your local authority so the advice varies between Cantons.
ski holidays
Very Happy Thanks - this thread was heading the wrong way (like sick Brits flocking to France)
snow report
brianatab wrote:
Be just deserts is the Swiss authorities got hold of their passport details and banned them from returning. Maybe even a ban from the Schengen area?

At the end of the day, they have deliberately broken quarantine rules in the Country they were visiting, so should be due some form of punishment.
No doubt some of them will try to find somewhere else to ski for a few days, before heading home to the UK. Pound to a penny, they won't follow the rules here either.

It's these sort of d**heads that will keep spreading the virus and cause longer restrictions for anyone else.

Maybe if we could identify some of them, put tags on as an example, so they have to stay at home.

Name and Shame!! (where is the News of the World when it could have been useful for once? Puzzled Puzzled )

Perhaps no need to get any newspaper or tabloid to name and shame if you could track their phones?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52017993
snow report
@brianatab, I was wondering about that too.

But- 1. The hotels said they didn't notice- didn't notce hundreds of people clomping up and down sytairs with luggage and packing cars and taxis in the middle of the night.

2. the statement from Bagnes was very sympathetic to the Brits:"It was when they saw the meal trays remained untouched that the hoteliers noticed that the customers had gone," he told the ATS news agency.

"We can't blame them. In most cases, quarantine was untenable. Imagine four people staying in a hotel room of 20 square metres.”

3. Brits makes up a huge percentage of the custom and bring in gazzillions of CHuffs.

So I suspect that everything will be great.

I wonder what the reaction would be with a different demographic?

He added that the tourists left feeling "a little angry with Switzerland" and with the sense of having been "trapped".
snow conditions
Story has made BBC radio 2 news. Just need Jeremy Vine to get onto his middle class bashing
ski holidays
The UK press is gleefully headlining Brits as 'Fleeing' from Verbier.

You 'flee' a tsunami, or an earthquake, bombings, or strafing by fighter 'planes. You 'pack up and leave' or perhaps 'give up on' a holiday when you realise you can get in your car and be home in 12 hours rather than be confined to a hotel room under less safe conditions than at home.

The usual hack journo clichés.

And a bit of schadenfreude always goes down well with the British public.
latest report
@LaForet,
They are fleeing switzerland - where they are supposed to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival.
Most news outlets are running the same headline.
BBC, Sky, Guardian. Daily Mail running 'Escape'.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy