Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do they offer covid-19 tests at the italian border??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I recently purchased a covid 19 testing kit to provide a negative test result, so as to enable me to drive through France, and into Italy where I planned to ski for the season. (The italian government allowing the resorts to open of course.) I have just learned that by the time I reach the italian border, the 48hr time period for the test will have expired, and I'll be unable to enter the border. (I originally believed the time slot began when you received the results, but it starts when you take the test, a idiotic move from me I know.) I was wondering if you can get a test either somewhere in France, or if they provide them at either the French or Italian borders? I really need a quick response as I hope to be heading off on Thursday, and I'm rapidly running out of time. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At the airports, yes. No idea about the tunnel but you can probably get a test in Modane but the French are pretty slow getting the results back.

Do you have Italian residency or nationality?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jakey, jump down my throat ...but is this from the UK and for (essentially) a holiday? If so how does that reconcile with leisure travel from the UK not currently allowed?

May I travel abroad?
Not unless you have a good excuse. “You can only travel internationally – or within the UK – where you first have a legally permitted reason to leave home,” says the government.

Essential journeys are possible: for work, medical treatment, legal purposes or urgent compassionate reasons.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm an Italian resident, and own a home an hour outside of the ski resort. Regardless of skiing, I do need to get there, as it is a very old property, and suffers from damp, also, a storm caused the shed in the garden to fall onto the neighbours roof, and I need to pay the builder for the damages. It's also a serious possibility that the water has been cut off, so I need to sort that out. I thought that whilst I was there, I would ski at my local resort. I do not plan to flout any rules whatsoever in Italy, and I will obey the rules and guidelines to the letter. (The terraced garden might have collapsed as well, so I need to check that also.)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jakey, is it a second home or your main residence? I think that's the difference with regards to whether you can legally travel there or not.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@queenie pretty please, it is my main residence, I usually spend 6-7 months of the year there. (obviously not this year.)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jakey, I think they do but a right pain if you get there and they don't ...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jakey wrote:
@queenie pretty please, it is my main residence, I usually spend 6-7 months of the year there. (obviously not this year.)

If its your main residence, why arent you there?

Theres never been a law to stop you going home? Why is it that you`ve been living elsewhere?

There has been a rule in place (in the UK) that your not meant to be staying at a second home etc.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jafa, It's his main residence, not his only one Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rather than jumping down your throat....

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements

"Until 15 January, all those wishing to fly must present the airline with a negative COVID-19 rapid antigenic or molecular swab test taken no more than 72 hours before travel. You must also take a COVID-19 rapid antigenic or molecular swab test within 48 hours of entering Italy – arrivals by air from the UK will take this test at the airport. Whatever the result of the 2 swab tests, those arriving in Italy from the UK must also report to their local health authorities on arrival and must self-isolate for 14 days.

Everyone arriving in Italy must also call the COVID-19 helpline for the region you are travelling within 48 hours, to inform them of your visit. You can read more about the requirement to get a COVID-19 test (including when you might be exempt) on the Italian Embassy in London guidance on entering Italy."

You might be Ok with a negative pre departure test, and then testing once in Italy. You will still need to self isolate on arrival, but as you have you own place that shouldnt be an issue
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Jakey, where are you coming to Italy from? As I understand it, as a resident you are allowed to travel home to Italy. But you need a negative test and you’ll have to quarantine for 14 days anyway on arrival at your home. There was certainly no testing ( or indeed checking) when we crossed from France to Italy at Ventimiglia at the weekend. You also have to report to your local ASIL when you get there.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@genepi, his first post says plan was to drive into Italy from France and he was meant to leave UK on Thursday (tmrw), so hes either off shortly or has knocked it on the head.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can't go anywhere now. My test, (The one I originally ordered.) came back positive, so I'm obviously not going anywhere at all. Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jakey, oh dear. Bad luck
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jakey, commiserations but at least its all been settled for now and you can better plan to go for when you are well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy