Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VERY SAD about Christmas ... BUT

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Mr.Egg,
Quote:

That is your interpretation of it. Maybe let the adult speak and go back to interacting with kids if you are unable to grasp the adult world.

Try not to let that huge chip on your shoulder fall onto your feet. You wouldn’t want to take up valuable time in a hard pressed A&E department.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr.Egg wrote:
zikomo wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Could be worse.

You could be... or have a loved alone in a hospital with a pipe down their throat.
Yet, you are SAD because you wont be having a white Christmas in the mountains.

Take care not to choke on your flute of champagne while reading the guardian website on Christmas day.
The NHS staff may be a bit to busy to attend.

You seem to be in some form of denial. Above is what you actually said. The comment about champagne and guardian is a clear judgement on the person, no doubt about that at all.

If you had any self-awareness or self-respect you would admit your post was personal, inappropriate, uncalled for and ill-judged. And apologise unreservedly.

I see no point going through your detailed rebuttal to me, on every point you have completely failed to grasp the issue.

Of course you have a right be to here, I simply suggested it might be better for you if you left as you don't seem to have much positive to say and are incensed when people talk about skiing. It would certainly be better for the rest of us but that is by the by.

That is your interpretation of it. Maybe let the adult speak and go back to interacting with kids if you are unable to grasp the adult world.

No Eggy he’s clocked you good and proper. Even if you’re not the sharpest tool in the box a spot of self-reflection probably wouldn’t hurt. You come across here like a complete tool most of the time. I’m sure you’re better in person so why not file off a few of the burrs?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We should have flown out this morning Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof wrote:
stevew wrote:
@halfhand, I read this this morning in hardcopy and got very annoyed at the poor reporting. Accoording to the Guardian Avoriaz is only accessed by a cable car ..... there's a road and it's a gondola!

Sounds like they cribbed a lot of that from Pistehors, from the horses mouth so to speak (article based on detailed research by moi meme).

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Haute-Savoie/Avoriaz-History

I'd get on the blower and tell them you want your 12 quid or you will set Goldenballs on them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

feel rather uncomfortable with the idea of someone copying another person's thoughts and posting it on another, rather different, forum just to see what the reaction is. While it could be argued that by originally posting it's in the public domain, I take the view that if it's posted within SH, that's its intended audience and that's where it should stay. Privacy is a factor. As stated by @ish303, we all have our 'thing'. Some may take the Michael out of e.g. those who dress up in costume and attend Star Trek conventions (just finished watching 'Galaxy Quest' last night) but if that's what they enjoy then why should anyone else judge them? Maybe I'm just old-fashioned!

I think that's a well written point by 195k, and I'm sorry if it did upset valais seeing his words elsewhere and he feels violated.

///Deleted the rest as it diluted the key message I wanted to post>
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PeakyB wrote:
@Mr.Egg,
Quote:

Try not to let that huge chip on your shoulder fall onto your feet. You wouldn’t want to take up valuable time in a hard pressed A&E department.

I am well balanced and a chip on each shoulder.

My uncle lost his big toe after dropping a gas cylinder on it while in the merchant navy.
He was kicked out the merchant navy after taking scrap metals from around the ship and giving it to the vietnamese during the war with usa. Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB wrote:
davidof wrote:
stevew wrote:
@halfhand, I read this this morning in hardcopy and got very annoyed at the poor reporting. Accoording to the Guardian Avoriaz is only accessed by a cable car ..... there's a road and it's a gondola!

Sounds like they cribbed a lot of that from Pistehors, from the horses mouth so to speak (article based on detailed research by moi meme).

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Haute-Savoie/Avoriaz-History

I'd get on the blower and tell them you want your 12 quid or you will set Goldenballs on them.

Valais should maybe claim his 12 quid first ?

One thing I'm glad about is that I don't make my living from either the ski industry or churnalism.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This post has to be a wee wee take right?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Generalist...genuine thanks for your post. I think calmness has descended....phew
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ninja_dave,
Quote:

This post has to be a wee wee take right??

Only if you’re in Tier 3 or below, otherwise the taking of wee wee is prohibited.

Hey, you’re not one of those mutant ninjas are you? We’re in enough trouble as it is.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ninja_dave wrote:
This post has to be a wee wee take right?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Apparently not, just extremely insensitive.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@valais2,
So are you packed yet and what time do yo leave ? wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Events are moving fast, I guess. I glanced this morning at the new Scott Scrappers JR I bought this Summer for ValaisGrom2 and thought 'you'll be growing out of those....'. The talk of three months of lockdown and the gloom over 'No Deal' means that Jan and Feb looks impossible. Easter now seems the first chance to slide.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy