Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moonbike

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Moonbike is the name given by a French company to its battery powered snowbike, see https://newatlas.com/outdoors/moonbike-full-throttle-electric-snow-bike/?fbclid=IwAR36hcxPJJP5UWOKeJH8sDh1jLN1elpSNoH9mUrWCB5nV74qbjWucTAaiLo

The article says it has a 3kW electric motor (for those of you more familiar with vehicle power in bhp that equates to 4 bhp). I suppose it could be useful in certain circumstances, but it doesn't have the power or range of a petrol fuelled snowmobile.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They look fun!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
11 miles sound as though it might be enough range for a lift operator waiting on standby, for a line fault or perhaps a casualty evacuation?

Will be interesting to see if they catch on like ebikes?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter S wrote:
11 miles sound as though it might be enough range for a lift operator waiting on standby, for a line fault or perhaps a casualty evacuation?

Will be interesting to see if they catch on like ebikes?

I'm not sure but probably the 11 miles range was for travel over snow on the flat, going uphill would likely reduce that significantly.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fantastic invention! The article says that the bike can carry 2 batteries, each of which provides 11 miles of range so 22 miles in total. Presumably with a fairly gentle throttle hand. And it sounds like the batteries can be swapped out easily, so a ski resort with battery charging stations dotted around in garages could use a fleet of these to replace a fair few of its petrol powered snow cats.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Batteries are killed by cold. I wonder if the range was measured at -5C or -20C.

Nice idea.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hope it's used in a different way than a mooncup Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On the up?? In the oh so cold??
Having seen the drop-off on my bikes bosch battery and the shenanigans with the BD Jetforce this is solidly a flatland urban fantasy for the moment and although it doesn't get eco bragging rights I'm sticking with my Apatche track Can Am Outlander for the foreseeable.

Does this feel like the re time of Sions and Apple Newtons to anyone else?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timberwolf wrote:
Hope it's used in a different way than a mooncup Toofy Grin

I just had to google that. Oh my Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy