Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet canceled flights (Austria March)

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if their is a similar thread about but I’ve seen a few Austria March posts so thought this would be of interest.
Just today had our return flight from Salzburg to Bristol canceled. Our options are either stay an extra couple of nights and book a later date flight or to reschedule trip.
Anybody else had their March flights canceled or know why they’re being canceled?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My BA flight was cancelled today (for the Easter hols). Clearly they are anticipating much reduced demand well into the spring.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you checked out Jet2? they now fly to Salz. from BRS, but not sure if its 2021 or 2022 start

if you can change your plans (maybe to Selva?) you could fly home from Vienna?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

My BA flight was cancelled today (for the Easter hols). Clearly they are anticipating much reduced demand well into the spring.

I'm not sure it's necessarily reduced demand, but the combination of unclear lockdowns and reduced demands.
I mean, some countries are likely to go back into some form of lockdown in January (maybe Switzerland? - it's an opinion), some have it prolonged till February (Germany/Belgium), then you have the Dutch that are discouraged till mid-March, so that tells you that movement is very ambiguous, and lockdowns are uncertain depending on the region. I can understand why airlines might want to scale back.

... Gosh how I want this stupid period to be over - at least for some predictability and less stupid stress.

Has Austria mentioned anything about quarantine later in the year?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@blind_raven, no decision yet on extending quarantine restrictions after 10th Jan, but of course the UK officially becomes a third country from 1st Jan so until something changes drastically in the UK it seems unlikely to be added to the EU list of "safe" countries.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My flight at the end of March disappeared off their booking pages some months ago so zi was expecting it to be cancelled. We’ve just found out we’ve been moved to an earlier flight on the same day so it looks like they are consolidating onto a smaller number of flights rather than fly half empty planes.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
queenie pretty please wrote:
@blind_raven, no decision yet on extending quarantine restrictions after 10th Jan, but of course the UK officially becomes a third country from 1st Jan so until something changes drastically in the UK it seems unlikely to be added to the EU list of "safe" countries.

Wouldn't Austria base that decision solely on CV19 metrics here and there?

Recently resisting pressure from Germany and Italy to the last on closing hotels, I can't see them throwing away £B's from UK tourists, if our infection rates compare favourably.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Snow&skifan, essentially it's an EU decision with regards to third countries, which the UK will be from 01/01/21. Austria hasn't as yet over-ridden any EU decisions on travel corridors for third countries. The USA for example has been on an EU-wide ban since early in the pandemic. British guests to Austria represent under 3% of all guests, Germans and Dutch represent by far the highest proportion of guests. And Austria hasn't resisted pressure to close hotels, they are currently closed and at the moment the hopes of reopening them seem quite distant.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Assuming Austria goes back to pre-Christmas lockdown entry rules on 9/10 Jan 21 travelers from 3rd Countries on their exemption list (South Korea, Japan, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and others) are allowed to enter Austria without quarantine when they have low rates of COVID-19. Same rule applies to Brits who travel from those countries provided they haven't been anywhere else for preceding 10 days. So get your act together UK and there should be no problem regardless of BREXIT.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Annoyingly my flight to Salzburg this coming Saturday is apparently still going ahead and I can check in for it rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, yes Easyjet Bristol and BA Heathrow arrivals are still showing for this weekend. But given that there is a tourism ban in Austria at the moment surely that qualifies you for a rebook/refund?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@queenie pretty please, no refund/free change as far as I can tell.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@queenie pretty please, easyjet don't know he is a tourist nor is that grounds for a refund. The flight is operating...people are travelling for business and essential reasons.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@holidayloverxx, yep, that's pretty much how I see it. Annoying as the flights were originally to GVA in April, so not as cheap as things seem to be now, but I've been treating it as sunk cash since they first got shifted anyway.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Wouldn't Austria base that decision solely on CV19 metrics here and there?

I guess it depends on the insanity called Brexit, because there will be some soreness after the whole agreement and the question is whether Austria will follow the EU as a block when marking certain countries as safe.
snow report
queenie pretty please wrote:
@SnoodlesMcFlude, yes Easyjet Bristol and BA Heathrow arrivals are still showing for this weekend. But given that there is a tourism ban in Austria at the moment surely that qualifies you for a rebook/refund?

im sure lots of austrians would like to get home for xmas, maybe even some EasyJet employees, cabin crew, etc.
ski holidays
Not Austria, but just noticed that all flights from Glasgow to Geneva for April have disappeared off their schedules. Any got flights for that route booked? Was just about to move February flights into April as route was showing yesterday morning, but they'd gone by last night.
snow report
I had my March flight to Geneva cancelled about a week ago, so definitely not just Austria.
ski holidays
Can't believe they have cancelled the whole of April from Glasgow though, esp as this is the Easter holidays and you'd think people might be booking on the off chance they will get away. Edinburgh flights too expensive already, think I will have to finally accept 2021 is not going to happen for us.
ski holidays
Why is anyone surprised of Flights being Cancelled? European Holidays are a NOGO

Non Essential travel will not be allowed into the EU from the UK from Jan 1st 2021 this is applies UK Nationals without EU Residency rights. so about 99% of the UK.

In Simple terms .. ALL UK Tourists .

I doubt the entry restriction will be lifted before July/August at the earliest.

Therefore Airlines will be cancelling flights because there will not be enough businessmen filling flights to Innsbruck or Grenoble etc

Warning..

However, Airlines maybe still advertising & selling flights for the coming months but this is a cashflow ploy. They will take your money and bank it just to keep their business going and then make you will have to wait weeks/months to recover your money ..

Many people just give up and the Airlines know this !!!

After Jan 1st:

Brits may find it much harder to get their money refunded as they will not be protected under existing EU Law. They will be persuaded with Vouchers on a vague promise for future use. The problem is Vouchers are not much use when the Airline goes bankrupt. Shocked

The bottom Line here .

There is NO ENTRY into the EU for Non EU/EEC Residents from January 1st 2021..

This CV19 restriction (Not Authorised to Enter) list of Countries already exists but it just means the UK will be added so Denied Entry until further notice.

Do not even try to book anything to Austria as the 3rd "Official" Lockdown is underway after Xmas well into January (18th) .....

https://www.oe24.at/coronavirus/live-ticker-countdown-zum-feiertags-lockdown/458013303

Switzerland will Closedown very soon.

https://www.srf.ch/news/schweiz/skifahren-trotz-corona-offene-skigebiete-ein-tanz-am-abgrund

Covidiots
STAY AT HOME

Forget about Winter 2020/2021 and more than likely Summer 2020/2021

Roll on Season 2021/2022
ski holidays
@stanton, sorry but I disagree. British tourists contribute a huge amount to European economies. IF Covid restrictions allow travel then these countries will be letting Brits in as soon as they can. COVID may be an issue, Brexit much less so.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy