Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel restrictions for UK resident but EU/Non-UK passport holders in 2021

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Weathercam, Eurotunnel with car, apparently super quiet and they got put on an earlier crossing..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skimottaret, thanks, that's what I'm hoping for tomorrow.

Heard roads on the other side are really quiet
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bon chance but it sounds like you will be fine... Yip the toll roads are dead as well according to Jnr who is using my car and driving on eggshells Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can @LaForet please repost the chart to show how eggshells compare to M+S on a FWD vehicle.
Also if you fit socks to the eggshells, does it keep them warmer for longer?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skimottaret, @colinstone,

After a sleepless night, I thought I might as well leave early and see if I could get an earlier tunnel, and on looking at my phone saw this message from a friend!!

Hi
Linda says that you're coming out tomorrow. How are you managing that? We had a friend turned back from Grenoble airport on Sunday. She owns an apartment in Chantemerle and even had a letter showing she had an appointment with her notaire next week.

So that didn't help the overall anxiety, but there again had other friends this week who had no issue and said that all French customs was interested in was the Covid test certificate, and sure enough, that was the same for me.

So bit of a concern as OH is planning to fly Grenoble in a couple of weeks, so need to find out the exact detail of why she was turned back and how the hell she managed to fly back Puzzled

Autoroute was actually very busy with Parisians heading out for a long weekend, and weather was dire.

So ensconced at home as way too tired to go out to friends plus there's the little matter of the curfew, plus give it a couple of days before I meet friends inside just in case I've picked something up!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well done. Glad others have sleepless nights!! We were well sleepless before leaving Douai on 29 at 0630.
Swiss telecom pinged us with a text saying report etc within a few minutes of crossing border at Basel.
We've just had a Swiss covid19 rapid test and negative and due out of Q on Monday. Phew and completely knackered with all the nervous energy over the last 11 days. Glad to wait til the holiday crowds leave on Sun. Then my mountain all to myself!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
colinstone wrote:
.....Glad to wait til the holiday crowds leave on Sun. Then my mountain all to myself!!

Well as I was quite knackered from being up early I went to bed at 22:00 and was up bright and early and not hungover, a first in about 50 years Laughing

And about 10cm of fresh, so was about the third or so up the mountain, passed a couple of snow-shoers and then after about 800m top of the treeline transitioned as whiteout from there.

Lovely ski down in untracked and then as I neared the bottom could not believe how many people were climbing up, a good thing as I suspected most only do about 400m anyway, but totally surprised at how many people!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
WindOfChange wrote:
Can @LaForet please repost the chart to show how eggshells compare to M+S on a FWD vehicle. Also if you fit socks to the eggshells, does it keep them warmer for longer?
Always happy to oblige ....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It looks as if as an Irish National living in the UK that you can transit through either Belguim or Netherlands (without the requirment of giving a reason for travel) with a Covid test.

PS I use Vederstein Wintertrac tyres !!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@LaForet, useful chart - thanks. I use Michelin Cross Climate+ and in proper deep snow and ice, I thought they were better than my previous Goodyear Ultragrip 7 and 8 winter tyres on fwd Golfs.

Anyway, back on topic.

As well as the 12 or so going to NL being turned back, this is in the DT today:

"Brexit row blocks expat flights to European Union

Britons living in EU countries have been barred from flying home after Christmas in a post-Brexit residency row. Those returning to Spain and Italy were barred from getting on to flights after being told that their pre-Brexit "green cards" were not valid for entry. Home Affairs Editor Charles Hymas explains that the problems began when border officials at airports refused to recognise the documents - despite Spanish and Italian governments saying they should be treated as valid for entry."

Thought Green Card was a motoring document??
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Thought Green Card was a motoring document??

Nah... it's a romantic comedy starring Gérard Depardieu.

Obvs. many green cards in many different countries meaning many different things...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OK, thanks. When I showed my Certificate of Registration for FR residency equivalent to FR Customs at Eurotunnel, they didn't even read it or the Attestations downloaded from the FR Gov website. Just not interested. And only wanted to see proof of the address. Luckily I had copy of a Jan 2016 letter from the Marie's office allocating a proper mail address.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm still puzzled whether France is admitting EU citizens from the UK irrespective of reason for travel or solely for the list of permitted reasons. Website says one thing, attestation form is a bit muddled. Will check their info in a few days, as they said the recent entry-from-UK rules are until 'at least 6th Jan'.

It would be good to know what the recent experience has been of any other EU passport-holders who have travelled from UK to France, in particular via tunnel or ferry.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Friends are currently returning from the UK to Belgium where they are resident. They just need to show their residence card along with their passports.

Police in Brussels are meeting Thalys trains (intra-Schengen travel) and turning back anyone who either isn't resident in Belgium, isn't in transit (and can prove it) or who doesn't meet the current strict requirements.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy