Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpes Maritime Resorts Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
.. Hoppo let me do this myself.. Shocked

Feel Free to make observations etc. , ask comments, add info etc.

Alpes Maritime (2005-7)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agenterre,
Very nice review, will have to check out the Nice Scotland flights sometime. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, Here wink

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 18-08-07 20:37; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agenterre, I'm confused. So what's this thread for, then?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, It's the 'last' post on that link. Hoppo always does 'feedback' threads so as not to mess up the 'flow' of that thread... does that make more sense? It isn't indexed yet as Hoppo is unavailable ...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for putting the feedback thread in as well, I seem to have lost my HTML powers (or forgotten how to use them) - so I can't update the index at the moment... I have put a link into your first post though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any views on where would be more fun for off-piste? Thinking about heading up to one of these places for a day over the Christmas period
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, Anywhere at the moment .. I dont know off-piste but Auron is possibly the best. You might pm Davidof, he used to live here and would advise as he knows all the resorts intimately.

Only issue at the moment is actually getting to the resorts .. so much snow on them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agenterre, i was thinking Auron might be the best option in terms of relatively easy to get to (ie just get to St Etienne de T at 1150m and take a lift) and interesting terrain. Might have a trawl through pistehors
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Agenterre, I LOVED this review of the Maritime Alps. So much good information! How do these resorts compare with the adjacent Italian resorts (e.g. Limone)? Thank you.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ Ken in LA Thats subjective I guess.

Limone, as a resort, is generally very much colder in my opinion. and its pistes generally harder than Isola. Isola, as a resort, has improved imo over the years and its skiing has never been too challenging.

The biggest difference ( and sorry for stating the obvious) is that Limone is very Italian, rolling eyes whilst Isola is Franglais, or rather a winter version of the Cote d'Azur. Valberg and Auron remain my favourites ... even though I can 'see' the North slopes of L'Audibergue resort I never go there apart from with my MTB.

This year seems very unlikely at the moment and snow is still poor

Ultimately if I had to chose Limone vs the A-M resorts and was flying in my choice would be driven by which airport I was flying to. Limone is best accessed from Genova whilst the A-M resorts are accessed from Nice.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agenterre wrote:

The biggest difference ( and sorry for stating the obvious) is that Limone is very Italian, rolling eyes whilst Isola is Franglais, or rather a winter version of the Cote d'Azur. Valberg and Auron remain my favourites ... even though I can 'see' the North slopes of L'Audibergue resort I never go there apart from with my MTB.

This year seems very unlikely at the moment and snow is still poor

Gréolières had enough snow to ski before the foehn blew in.

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy