Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dry ski slopes

Poster: A snowHead
I am currently stood watching my daughters having ski lessons in our local slope (Snowtrax).

I was able to book the Friday night 5pm slot (last of the off peak prices) on Sunday. Unheard of December normally. They have the slope to themselves.

Ok great for them developing their respective techniques, but that is completely unsustainable.

How are the others fairing?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’m at Hillend a bit. Booked for Monday pm with daughter, only 2 booked at that point of 25 spaces available
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bracknell closed earlier this year Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Handy Turnip, Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another family has turned up 2 adults 2 children free skiing. Oops ... one of the youngsters saw the ramp and box and decides to go on it - my eldest lesson is an intro into freestyle as she wants to start doing that but didn’t want to jump straight into freestyle evening. Immediate screaming of no not on that unless in a lesson.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Our skiclub uses both Swadlincote and the Ackers in Birmingham and we have had to limit the numbers of skiers to keep them safely distanced. At the Ackers tonight we are limited to 12 athletes and 2 coaches for each of 2 sessions. We had 10 booked for the first session and 11 for the second 1:30 session. However we have had to cancel Thursday's sessions due to lack of interest. It is not made any easier with school children being in apparent endless isolation and cancelling at the last minute.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can't beat dry slopes for keeping muscles fit.

Many years ago, worked at Sheffield, so skied about 16 hours a week in winter and 6-8 in summer.

My technique improved no end during that time, but went downhill quick when I was forced to stop.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Norfolk Snowsports is open for business!

Bookings must be made online/by phone (no walk-ins) and numbers are limited, but the slope conditions are great... a bit of ice forming in the cold (especially in the evenings) which is lovely to ski on!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brianatab wrote:
went downhill quick

It’s kinda the point of skiing, isn’t it? Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Amunah wrote:
Norfolk Snowsports is open for business!

Bookings must be made online/by phone (no walk-ins) and numbers are limited, but the slope conditions are great... a bit of ice forming in the cold (especially in the evenings) which is lovely to ski on!

But are they getting decent numbers on the slopes from the limited numbers allowed?

I have never known the slopes that quiet even on summer evenings when I booked lessons there we more free skiers on there.

We have been going over to Snowtrax semi regularly for the last 10yrs or so.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bellahouston in Glasgow is where I go. My daughter works there as an instructor too and it seems to be thriving, in fact they're talking about extending the slope. They have a big race programme which must help their finances.
I go on Monday nights for coaching and it's always busy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hillend (Edinburgh) has stopped lessons for under-8s, which limits its usefulness for us.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boabski wrote:
Bellahouston in Glasgow is where I go. My daughter works there as an instructor too and it seems to be thriving, in fact they're talking about extending the slope. They have a big race programme which must help their finances.

Thats good - there is normally a very busy raceclub at Snowtrax as well. I don't know if the races have been allowed to continue in England? Obviously they don't do the lessons during race training sessions, as they have the whole use of the slopes at that time.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@NickyJ, The annual master race at snowtrax was cancelled this year. I was a shame since my wife used to walk away with boxes of high quality stuff. It was an interseting race since only a fraction of the slope is really steep enough. Effectively you had to show all you could do in 4 or 5 turns, then cruise to the end at a rate determined by your upper turns. I liked it.

There are some races going on around the country in very controlled circumstances. For example Gloucester is running a winter race league today https://www.gloucesterski.com/pages/racing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boabski wrote:

I'm a member too. Free slope time and I go when snowfactor is closed or if late afternoon usually 4pm. Normally there are only 2 on the slope
ski holidays
Guildford Ski Slope is fully open, but it's a small slope, mostly used for lessons and not free skiing, and it is extremely quiet because no-one is booking ski holidays, so no-one is booking the pre-trip lessons. Being kept afloat by donutting at the moment.
ski holidays
@NickyJ,
The summer season was cancelled, I don't think any races were completed.
ski holidays
Eola.co have just put out a blog on the availability of dry slopes. See https://eola.co/blog/places-to-go-skiing-in-the-uk
snow report
Just been at Hillend with my daughter for 90 minutes - 8 people using it . Was lovely !!:
snow conditions
Have a look at Impulse-Racing.co.uk.
Lots of training sessions on the plastic... From 'free' skiing to gates.
snow conditions
Quote:

Eola.co have just put out a blog on the availability of dry slopes.

They've put out a blog mentioning 3 dry ski slopes and 2 ski clubs - slightly misleading describing it as availability of dry slopes!
latest report
@karin, It was not a summary of all that is available. It appears that no one has done that. As you say 5 places still operating dry slope ski sessions.
ski holidays
Essex (Brentwood) is also still open, both recreational and race club training.

Impulse was there the other evening running a race in their school race series, and some of the Essex club racers were off at an event elsewhere at the weekend, so there's definitely still stuff going on.
snow conditions
Hillend in Edinburgh has just opened a new third slope foe freestyle, there are p,and to develop it further with a hotel & MTB trail
latest report
Good video of it here
http://youtube.com/v/YzDi5mbg3TA&fbclid=IwAR1SC9d3sznQBnS2Y9OKiAn9ma_4nWBcMSXjyoe4f4ZILP8U98t4hw6SNnE
ski holidays
Thankfully for Snowtrax a lot more here this afternoon. Not the normal really busy December late afternoon / early evening but certainly a reasonable number
ski holidays
Telford Shropshire is open and ready for business. Pre booking required.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy