Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Afordable heated gloves ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
under a new name wrote:
My OH has had Reynaud's for years. She find Blazewear heated liners very satisfactory. Liners better than gloves as more flexible.

Liners would be nice but then I would need new gloves because my current glove has a non-removable liner so it may be a bit too tight unless the liner is really thin, is that the case ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@AndreSilva, it is probs thin enough, not much thicker than silk liners. Importantly, heating elements all round fingers Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
@AndreSilva, it is probs thin enough, not much thicker than silk liners. Importantly, heating elements all round fingers Happy

They are a great product (Miss Fartbagette, who has Reynauds, has them thanks to your recommendation) - but while they are not thick per se, they are considerably thicker than silk liners.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Old Fartbag, maybe we just have thicker silk liners? ormaybe I just haven't paid adequate attention wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, is this the one she has ?
https://www.blazewear.com/our-gear/gloves/active-glove-liners-black
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@AndreSilva, she has the older version, I think a bit thinner, but probably needs new ones for next season.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AndreSilva wrote:

Those are the ones that my Daughter has.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Old Fartbag wrote:
AndreSilva wrote:

Does she use it under her regular gloves? Or does her gloves are just a shell for the heated liner?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AndreSilva wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
AndreSilva wrote:

Does she use it under her regular gloves? Or does her gloves are just a shell for the heated liner?

She has Hestra Heli Mitts - and they just about fit under, with the lining left in. Ideally, she needs the size up. Nb. There is more room in Mitts, as there are no fingers to contend with.

I have Hestra Gloves and would need the size up to be comfortable.....but could use them with some Ami Chaud Mitts that I have.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Old Fartbag wrote:
AndreSilva wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
AndreSilva wrote:

She has Hestra Heli Mitts - and they just about fit under, with the lining left in. Ideally, she needs the size up. Nb. There is more room in Mitts, as there are no fingers to contend with.

I have Hestra Gloves and would need the size up to be comfortable.....but could use them with some Ami Chaud Mitts that I have.

Thanks for the info! snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I like the ones I got off of AliExpress that I mentioned in my previous comment, above. They’re now showing up on Amazon (US - maybe other countries as well). USD130 for the mitten version. Got 30 days in last season, and these mittens never let me down. I usually kept them on the low or medium setting; although the temps were pretty mild up at Lake Tahoe last season.

Two accessories I’d recommend, especially with these mittens:
1. Wool glove liners. I used SmartWool ones - very thin. Mainly as a wicking layer. The mittens have a synthetic fluffy lining that made my hand sweat. Adding the SmartWool liner worked perfectly. And I could leave the liner on and still use the touchscreen on my phone when needed.
2. Wrist sweatbands. I’ve been using terry cloth sweat bands on my wrists for years - keeps the blood warm as it goes past that gap between the jacket sleeve cuff and the glove.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I started this thread around a year ago but for obvious reasons I only had the opportunity to try the new gloves last week in Cervinia/Zermatt.
I bought this one: https://www.therm-ic.com/en/gloves/400-ultra-heat-gloves-men.html

When I tried the glove at my home/hotel, I could feel that it is really warm, but when up in the mountain your hand doesn't get warm at all, it just doesn't get cold... what is good enough for me.
Last week the temperature ranged from -10 to -20 and the glove was enough, sometimes I felt my hand a bit cold but not aching cold like usual.
On the last day, I guess I didn't connect my charger correctly on the left glove and I had to ski the whole day only with the right hand heating working... if I had any doubt on if it makes a difference... IT DOES. Having one hand on and the other off really showed me the difference, I'm very happy with it.

For everybody that told me to get more layers: at least for me, that doesn't work. On the last day(with the left glove off), I had baselayer+midlayer+gilet+shell, my torso was warm enough, but left hand and feet aching cold like crazy.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have heated gloves, easy to turn on/up - and not bulky - and yes they do work - I'm fairly sure they are made by Blazen Wear - although will double check that when / if (I hope) I dig them out!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dippy, you probably mean "Blaze" ...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is there anyone making these in child/toddler sizes? Cold hands are very much a weak point for our 4 year old. He is layered up in decent gear and all the rest of him is warm (including feet). I can't find small enough liners of any kind (heated or not) for under his mittens. Would wool mittens under his ski mittens be any good or would I just be restricting his grip and angering him? It is tricky when his hands are so small. Currently thinking about getting a pair of usb handwarmers that I can carry and warming his mittens up with them every so often. We always keep his mittens on the radiator so they are warm initially.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy