Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on used K2 Pinnacle 95 Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is 200 a fair price for used K2 Pinnacle 95 Skis 2017 184? I'm tryin get back into skiing after not skiing for 20years. I'm 6'6"/230lbs and will be skiing midwest hard pack. I just want to take my kid skiing at this point - so I was thinking of buying some new boots at REI and these skis. Here's a pic: https://ibb.co/jySF4TP
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds expensive to me, as you can often get new skis from the likes of Glisshop, for near hand that price.

BTW. Welcome to the forum.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
200 what? If quids then a bit pricey to me too, especially as they look fairly well skied judging by the bindings, if dollars then not so bad but still a little more than I'd want to pay. If you're just skiing on piste with your kid then I'd look at something more piste orientated.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mobyhex,

Welcome,
It's the bases and edges that are important not the top sheets. See if you can get detailed pics of the edges and bases.
Second the opinion that 95mm are not the optimum width for piste skis (I'd go narrower).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies there! I'll ask for pics. Yep I'm in the US so that's dollars.

Is it crazy that now I'm looking at new Volkl Kendos with 88 waist width at $450USD? What would be a good binding and brake width to pair with a Kendo?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If I bought used skis I need to take them in and have them fitted for the boot I get right? Thanks again!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mobyhex, Kendos are nice skis, or at least, I liked them when I tried them - I am nowhere near your physical stats however. 88mm waist is still quite wide for a hard pack frontside ski, I'd think.

Yes, you'd want a decent shop to check them out and adjust them for you. It's not hard but if you aren't experienced. In the US you do want to watch out that the bindings are insurance "indemnified". I.e. new enough that the manufacturer indemnifies the shop against binding failure. There are lists online.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mobyhex wrote:
If I bought used skis I need to take them in and have them fitted for the boot I get right? Thanks again!

Yup.

If the skis don't have a rail system, it's possible that the skis will need re-drilled if there isn't enough adjustment.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mobyhex, yes, unless you know what you're doing it's best to get someone who knows what they're doing to set up the binding (it's not as simple as just making sure the boot can click in, you need forward pressure to be set etc.). Best not to mess around with bindings either, it's the part which stops your knee getting buggered in a fall, so vital that it's working as it should.

Don't know about what is best binding, Syderjon is the man to talk to.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skis look like they've had a reasonably tough paper round but I guess they are ex rental/demos so to be expected. That's a Salomon Warden demo binding so would be easy to self adjust to your boots. However a 95 mm ski doesn't really meet the spec for midwest hardpack. If you were taking trips out west I'd say haggle down to $170 and go for it then you've a pair of skis for less than 4 days rentals.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
and, further from @Old Fartbag, if the skis have a rail system, you'll need to hunt down compatible bindings, which might be a faff.

Iirc, and am current this year, the Kendos are not railed. Personally, I am somewhat agnostic about bindings. Not a lot truly between them.

You do want your boots to fit properly however,
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Old Fartbag wrote:
mobyhex wrote:

Yup.

If the skis don't have a rail system, it's possible that the skis will need re-drilled if there isn't enough adjustment.

.... and the holes might collide forcing you to move the binding forward or back from the optimal position.

If you get skis with a rail that can be adjusted or where the previous skier has the same boot sole length (BSL) you won‘t have this problem.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So Deacon 84 - would there be a big advantage on hard pack over Kendo 88?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mobyhex, advantage? probably. big advantage? who knows. Can't you try before buying?

Also, is the Deacon not railed? which means only one suitable binding.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy