Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts, going to the dogs.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We had a few sheep killed by a transit wolf last year a km or two behind our house in Austria. Seems to happen every other year or so, but I still have not even seen a track or spoor.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whitegold wrote:
Context is king.

No need for hysteria.

Human deaths on average, per year, worldwide in 21st century.

Dog = 25,000
Wolf = 10

Even at the peak of the global wolfpack, from 1000 to 1900, global human deaths averaged no more than 100-300 per year.

Would it be unfair to say that all those dog related fatalities were the result of the inner wolf in those dogs. An the attack mode would have been triggered by the same set of circumstances that makes a wolf attack in the wild. Fear, prey, confusion. Also the reason why wolf fatalities are not higher is that a lot of people in wolf areas don’t freely go walking in wolfs domains. Do we want to mark every forest on a alps piste map with a skull and crossbones next to a picture of a wolf. Personally if a wolf attacked me I would keep my left ski on and balancing on my poles would punt the wolf with my right ski boot.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can we watch? I will accept bets.

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And whilst you’re giving the first wolf a “punt” what do you think the other three will be doing?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oneglove wrote:
AL9000 wrote:
oneglove wrote:
. In Eastern Europe today and..

Like where, specifically?

Looking at the massive size of those 2 Gray wolves, nose down and tracking something in the first picture. really brings it home how difficult it would be to wrestle them into submissions on skis, I think snow blades would be better in this circumstance. Plus the wolves might be so embarrassed for you to approach.

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scarpa, is that a wolf? Wow I didn’t think they were that big. No chance fending that off
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It’s a big bad optical illusion is what is, impressive mind. They’re from Kazakhstan and are wee plains simple folk or from the Steppe region Where wolves are vermin and do videos featuring various wolf and wolfhounds reacting to certain situations. Like introducing wolfs behind a steel fence to big sheparding dogs of the eastern regions, Kangals, Mastiffs, Tosa Doggues. The domesticated dogs nearly all submit to the smaller sized Gray wolfs behind the fence..such is the power of a true hunting, fishing wild animal that has to find food from the source.

Dtl, It’s usually the pack leader that will attack first and If one can send him the right message by way of Killy sports finest boot then the rest should back away. If you’re looking for a bodyguard I could help with my contacts.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A friend of ours, who lives in austria has always kept Alaskan Malmuit dogs, his latest he has had since a pup, she is an amazing dog and very very protective, but you need to be surprisingly rough with them as they are pack animals and will only obey the leader.

we quite often get the workers 7am gondola up and ski the home run at his home resort, with her running along side us. she prefers the even terrain of a grommer haha
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Super cute

http://youtube.com/v/mjMoH5d-gNU
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looking at that pic of the wolfe. The size is not really surprising.

An uncle of mine used to have a German Shepherd (probably one of the nearest modern breads to the wolf) not much smaller than that.

He was well over 6ft, and the dog could stand on his hind legs, put front paws on his shoulders and look him straight in the face.

Soft as the proverbial. On of the friendliest dogs I ever met.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy