Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grimentz

Poster: A snowHead
We visited at Easter but didn't have time to ski - beautiful, charming village clearly - but any comments on the skiing? Quantity/quality? All comments gratefully received ...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
poma,
Try
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=107913&highlight=grimentz#107913

Cheers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
poma, Have you checked the piste map on their website?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes, it doesn't look all that extensive ... 4 (?) areas on the same lift pass ... some linked by a bus. I'm wondering how well linked/accessible the (on piste) is.
FWIW, my assessment from the map/quick visit/tourist board website was that there's maybe enough to keep you going for a week, but the real glory is in the off-piste. Anyone care to comment? Or is it really as obscure and unknown among Brits - even all- conquering and discerning snowHead s as it seems to be?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
poma, I think there's a couple of snowHeads at least who are buying property in Grimentz (or at least in Val d'Anniviers).
ski holidays
 brian
brian
poma, I'm one of the buyers rob@rar.org.uk refers to.

I've only skied Grimentz, which is half linked to Zinal, ie. you can ski in the Zinal -> Grimentz direction but it's a free navette in the other. Between them, they have over 100 km of piste I think. I really enjoyed the piste skiing, there's about 4000' vertical, an interesting mix of blues, reds and blacks, I would say it seems more than it looks on the map. A good range for all abilities, plus it was really quiet. There was fresh snow the day I was there and plenty of untracked powder easily accessed at the side or between the pistes all day. Zinal has a "freeride" area of secured off piste.

The other areas on the lift pass, St Luc/Chandolin and Vercorin, bring the total km up to 220, iirc.

Grimentz is, as you say, beautiful and has a real village atmosphere about it.

I think it would be pretty feasible to day trip to Crans/Montana, the Quatre Vallées via Nendaz or Le Chable, Saas Fee and Zermatt (although that's a long day by the time you add in the rail connection, etc.).

Some pics of the ski area here.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian,

Shocked T bars

and Shocked Shocked there's nobody there ... looks fab

out of interest, where/what are you buying?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its a dog with fleas.. Shocked
snow report
 brian
brian
poma,

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14948

ps. it's only 1 t-bar but don't tell everybody ....

JT, you've lost me Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian, Lovely pictures!! We love Valais and had a super summer holiday in Val d'Anniviers 2 years ago. Thought about ski-ing there, but the area is not too compact. What's the bus system like in the winter and how long does it take to get from one resort to another?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
DAVID SNELL, the buses are the yellow swiss postal ones. In the ski season Grimentz <-> Zinal is free and takes precisely 15 swiss timetabled minutes.

For the other areas a car would be a lot more convenient. For St Luc you have to change at Vissoie, I think it's about 45 minutes all in.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
brian, Just now had time to look at all the pix. It looks just a good as I thought .. next year I'll deffo be up to ski it if I get a couple of days free. I hope it doesn't really have 100Kms of piste - apparently that's the cut off for tour operators. They won't go anywhere with less - better make it 99 then! Shock
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
brian,

Just looked at your apartment thread - looks great - is it really right by the lift station/swimming pool? couldn't be more convenient. Lucky you. How much time are you planning on spending there?
latest report
 brian
brian
easiski, just checked, Grimentz is 50km and Zinal is 70 Shocked But it's not really linked and anyway ... they have a t-bar wink
ski holidays
 brian
brian
poma, it is. Very Happy

I imagine we'll do at least 2 weeks skiing and a week or 2 in summer plus maybe some weekends, it'll depend on how much we can rent it, and for how much, and how the family cash flow's going at the time Confused
snow conditions
brian, You're safe then, for the moment. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy