Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA running 20% off Black Friday Sale

Poster: A snowHead
I know a lot of people are uncertain with regard to their ski plans - but if you are feeling bullish, don't mind cancelling using BA's Covid policy and getting credit, or thinking ahead to summer 2021 this may be an offer that interests you.

Use the code: BASpecial during checkout in the evoucher box - this is 20% off the full ticket price and not just the base fare.

Quote:

You must use promo code ‘BASpecial’ on ba.com during the booking process
Valid across all travel classes except First
Valid only on flights operated by British Airways and carrying a BA flight number
Flights must depart from the UK
Must book by 23.59 on Friday 27th November
Valid for travel between 3rd December 2020 and 16th November 2021
Not valid with ‘Part Pay With Avios’ or any other sort of discount or promotion

Full details here:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/offers/partners/daily-mail?clickref=1011lcSKY8zN&DM1
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It'd be lovely to book cheap(er) flights somewhere for something to look forward to if I wasn't still arguing over cancelled flights earlier in the year which which means we have neither the refund nor vouchers (that were offered in contravention of EU rules anyway). Not impressed with BA in this house.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Presumably you can still pay with your BA cancellation vouchers as well (issued when they possibly illegally were making it impossible to obtain a cash refund earlier in the year)?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mmm interesting thanks for posting.
I did a search yesterday for LON>GVA in late Jan and re-done it today and the prices have gone up by just under 20%!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Friend is off to Verbier next week, without skis. BA wanted ~£400 ski carriage, apparently they've outsourced their cargo (why this should affect skis isn't clear). Worth checking before you book, if that's important to you.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@dunc999, why does this not surprise me Laughing Laughing

But thanks @extremerob for posting up anyway - it may be that dunc's experience is just a one off.

We were thinking of going on a summer holiday to the States 2020 so my revisit the idea foe 2021.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sproot wrote:
Friend is off to Verbier next week, without skis. BA wanted ~£400 ski carriage, apparently they've outsourced their cargo (why this should affect skis isn't clear). Worth checking before you book, if that's important to you.

WOW! - I know there is a lack of air cargo capacity in the market - heavily impacted by the loss of belly cargo, but skis aren't usually classified as "cargo" according to BAs T&Cs. Though completely understand why they are not keen to take a big ski bag when they are selling that space probably at a much higher price to someone else.

BA have until recently been flying 787s on some of the short haul EU routes on a weekly basis due to cargo needs.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
virgin was doing some great deals earlier this week
£999 to Hawaii,
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sproot wrote:

I'd have just booked a bag as usual and turned up with the ski roller at check-in.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mr.Egg, And India Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tempted to see what they are doing to Argentina/ Chile July/ August......might be an opportunity to ski.....serious question, anyone any advice re routes and/ or hints?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Presumably you can still pay with your BA cancellation vouchers as well (issued when they possibly illegally were making it impossible to obtain a cash refund earlier in the year)?

That was our problem (as in Always29's problem) - We rebooked using vouchers, got cancelled again and they won't refund the vouchers, so don't rebook using vouchers UNLESS you are bulletproof sure the flight won't get canned.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dave of the Marmottes, Yes and no. Apparently if you then cancel and try to get a voucher for the full ammount the BA line will say you can only get the cash back. However, this is a mistake. So if phoning up to use a voucher then confirm this.

If your voucher is more than the flight you get back the difference in a voucher. BA at its' finest. Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

That was our problem (as in Always29's problem) - We rebooked using vouchers, got cancelled again and they won't refund the vouchers, so don't rebook using vouchers UNLESS you are bulletproof sure the flight won't get canned.

That is shabby as a hipster in a retro grunge underground boutique in the the mean streets of Hoxton.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dave of the Marmottes, hmm, sans the ironic whimsey.
ski holidays
I had been checking some specific fight prices the last few days before the discount begun and found they increased by around 20% at the same time as the 20% discount code went valid. I don't know if this is the case across all their flights, but it's not a real discount in my case. I've read other reports online of flight prices increasing a similar amount as the discount.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy