Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stay with Austria March or book Switzerland??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I’ve booked a birthday holiday trip for my father to Austria Zell Am See mid March. But reading here every day is slightly worrying that things may be the same come March.

Considering switching to Switzerland as it’ll cost approx the same price for flights but just a little more expensive for accommodation and probably lift passes I’m guessing? Switzerland seems like the safe option but I’ve only ever been to France, Austria & Bulgaria before, I’m guessing Switzerland is a lot more expensive?

I know there’s no guarantees but what do you guys think and what places in Switzerland would you recommend for mid March?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would wait, unless you are all vaccinated or have immunity it is going to be difficult to judge which country will be open/be safest in more then 3 months time. Both Austria and Switzerland currently have new case rates at least twice that of the UK to put it into perspective. Austria have now tightened their response to covid and skiing, Switzerland is chasing the money and seems happy to let it rip in gondolas etc. Only time will tell which of the Alpine nations are right by spring. Those being cavalier now may well be back in lockdown, those that are being careful now may enjoy a good second half of the season.

Speaking to folks in France, a lot of business are happy that they are waiting tillJanuary, they were really fearing opening and then having to close.

Whatever happens, there will be plenty of accommodation available.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nba2005uk wrote:
But reading here every day is slightly worrying that things may be the same come March.

I think the one thing you can guarantee is that everything will be different again come March! Whether that will be for the good or bad no-one knows. Decisions are being made based on current data for the next couple of weeks. In a few weeks new decisions will be made based on the data then, and could go either way.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
current swiss rates are now approx 50% higher than uk pro rata i believe 2918 1st December i think......
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are going to book flights for Easter. If we fail to travel we can put them to 2021-22 or Summer 2021.

I would hold for now.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
More here on the infection rates, economic pressures, health pressures etc in Switzerland

https://planetski.eu/2020/12/02/switzerland-under-pressure-to-increase-covid-19-measures-or-shut-ski-resorts/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@nba2005uk, 2 weeks booked provisionally for March Austria but booking no travel, nor paying deposits, it's be great but not confident, if it happens it'll be a bonus. Cancelled our end January trips.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy