Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One Tree Shop

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Rather than gum up the Bargains thread, I've started a new post.

Original post:

Quote:
Hope this post is allowed.

For those looking for some new ski gear that won't break the bank and is good for the environment have a look at the One Tree Shop. One Tree at a Time is a grass roots, not for profit based in the Three Valleys. We work to reduce the environmental impact of local businesses and companies working in the outdoor sector.

Part of this includes working with companies to find solutions for excess outdoor garments. Last year we started selling ex warranty, seconds and ex display stock from Isobaa, Fjern and Untrakt as well as gear donated by locals. We assess and repair the gear and get it ready for a second life on the mountains.

This year we've restocked with ski gear donated by various local businesses including New Generation ski school. They had a number of North Face ski instructor and gap student uniforms, many never worn with tags attached. The difficulty came with removing or covering the logos ready for reuse and sale.

After some testing we've found a method of patching and resealing the garments so that they are good as new and ready for the reopening of the slopes (whenever that may be). Proceeds from the sales go back into the running of One Tree allowing us to grow and help more businesses improve their environmental footprint...

A great example of what we offer would be a Gore Tex Pro Freethinker jacket for €120:

https://shop.onetreeatatime.fr/shop/north-face-free-thinker-jacket-orange/

Full range here:

https://shop.onetreeatatime.fr/product-category/clothing/mens-clothing/eco-friendly-mens-ski-jackets/

Note that at present the majority of the stock is male but we have ladies garments waiting to be added to the site. The ladies' garments have a layer of insulation that requires a different method of patching to cover the New Gen logos. Testing continues!

Happy to answer questions about the gear and One Tree in general
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great initiative! I'm just waiting for the ladies gear to be available....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
homphomp wrote:
Great initiative! I'm just waiting for the ladies gear to be available....

Thanks! Our team of garment repairers are working on the ladies wear at the moment. Lockdown has slowed things down a bit too! We're waiting for things to ease a bit to help get things moving...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No rush....as I'm stuck within 1km of home I'm not going far into the great outdoors anytime soon!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brilliant idea.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skier avalanche retrieval garment.

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy