Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The end of the seasonaire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@queenie pretty please, the maximum stay on a Schengen visa is 90 days in a rolling 180. Any period beyond that is a national responsibility. There are indications the French are going to provide a long stay tourist visa without becoming a French resident. As yet they have not published the details. Any national visa issued does not count against any Schengen allowance, it is additional.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Another person who does not understand how voting works.
No crux. No problem.
Its my vote. For me. I choose to vote for what is best for me.

Laughing Sure, you can choose to vote how you want, and that's one approach.... just go with the inner 8 year old eh. Most adults on both sides of the argument hopefully still manage to look at least slightly beyond "me me me". Assuming you're for real I'm glad there aren't too many Mr.Egg's around or we'd really be stuffed.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
France already has long-stay national tourism visas, valid from 3 to 12 months.

And for certain countries a young-persons working holiday visa for 18-30s. (Currently irrelevant for the UK, but could be another possibility from 2021?)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ecureuil, unfortunately not exactly true, have you tried applying for one recently?

They are not processing any until after January 1st as a couple of good geezonaire friends have recently tried.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weathercam wrote:
@WindOfChange, I think you'll find that the likes Of Club Med ship Morrocans in.

From an Agent DE LA P.A.F. Police de l'Air et des Frontières
du groupe CLUB MED, de 1477,99 EUR à 1530,47 EUR brut par mois
Vol aller/retour payé par l'employeur.

I don't think you really don't understand French employment and social charges.
Many people do not realise the full cost as
1 - they work for the state
2 - Their employer pays their cotisations so its invisible to them
3 - they are a Micro-entrepreneur (formerly Auto-entrpreneur) who only pay 25% cotisations rising to 43% for the provision of service
4 - They work in the cash economy

Once you start employing people, it rises to 67% on top of the salary. ( nearer 71% once you factor in the holiday pay and training tax etc..)
So this 1530 EUR is the salary the person gets (without overtime or holiday pay).
On top of this, Club Med would have to pay any hours over and above 35. Normally in a kitchen job in France it's going to be 40-45 per week..
Suppose they don't do ANY overtime (not realistic, but just to humour you).

The employer then needs to pay the cotisation of 67% which takes the cost to 2555. Now add in the extra cotisation Club Med has to pay as they are feeding and lodging the staff. The state sets notional values of 200 pm for food and 600 for accommodation. Thats another 536. Remember this is without overtime, training tax, medecin de travail, or cost of the return flights. So the cost is already at 3086 per month without any of these extras. As soon as you factor in overtime then you're looking at 3400 per person per month.

I suspect the reason that Club Med are looking for workers from North Africa is that they will be fluent in French, and the take home of 1500 per month is way more than they would get domestically.

I know a few people who worked at Club Med in Avoriaz, and with the exception of the night manager, none of them actually got to ski all that much. They were on min wage, cooped up in tiny accommodation units, (look at the back of the Club Med building when you are on the Tour chairlift) which is fine if you're getting in lots of skiing, but the reality is most of their work was in the day time so they could not ski, and only skied on days off.

One "strange" thing about French seasonaires is that not that many of them are here to ski - loads just don't. They are here just to earn money, before going off to work a Summer season.

Point is though - Hiring people from North Africa is NOT CHEAPER than hiring them from elsewhere, but is probably EASIER.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 24-11-20 9:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@chocksaway, not aware of anything like that for Austria, but as each country sets its own immigration requirements I guess that's on a country-by-country basis.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
WindOfChange wrote:

Once you start employing people, it rises to 67% on top of the salary. ( nearer 71% once you factor in the holiday pay and training tax etc..)
So this 1530 EUR is the salary the person gets (without overtime or holiday pay).
On top of this, Club Med would have to pay any hours over and above 35. Normally in a kitchen job in France it's going to be 40-45.
Suppose they don't do ANY overtime (not realistic, but just to humour you).

The employer then needs to pay the cotisation of 67% which takes the cost to 2555. Now add in the extra cotisation Club Med has to pay as they are feeding and lodging the staff. The state sets notional values of 200 pm for food and 600 for accommodation. Thats another 536. Remember this is without overtime, training tax, medecin de travail, or cost of the return flights. So the cost is already at 3086 per month without any of these extras. As soon as you factor in overtime then you're looking at 3400 per person per month.

A very good illustration of why France is such a disaster to start a business or employ people Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@WindOfChange, As @extremerob, noted that snippet was from a more controversial article & set of figures Toofy Grin

http://pratclif.com/coup_de_gueule_dun_agent_de_la_p_a_f_.htm#:~:text=%2D%20Vol%20en%20provenance%20de%20Casablanca,de%20travail%20%3A%20les%202%20Alpes%20%2D
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Weathercam, Certainly some eyebrow raising stuff in there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@WindOfChange, now you see why I only posted that extract Laughing

We have a Club Merdre very very close to us and it's quite sad to see the workers out in their "free-time" made even worse by little adequate clothing etc
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weathercam wrote:
@WindOfChange, now you see why I only posted that extract Laughing

We have a Club Merdre very very close to us and it's quite sad to see the workers out in their "free-time" made even worse by little adequate clothing etc

They have a black Friday sale on you know.....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whitegold wrote:
It is a whole new decade and the Brits are still squawking on Project Fear.

Get over it.

You folks lost wink
You are so right. Care to comment over on the Trump chat? Just wondering what your view is on Donald's pending retirement on Rikers island.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy