Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ireland Snow Conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@8611, I'm near Portrush on N Coast and have a clear view across to the Innishowen Penninsula. Slieve Snaght looks pretty loaded. The Antrim hills to the East also have a good covering. The vis was so good today we could see the snow covered tops of Aran behind the Mull of Kintyre.

Word seems to have got out on social media and alot of people about on the Antrim Hills.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good to hear people getting out. Clear day good for the soul in the current circumstances too I think.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was back in the Antrim Hills today. Glenravel/ Glenarrif. Surprisingly good snow. I did a walking loop of 16 Km between 200m and 350m. Lovely snow the whole way round! Wish I had the touring skis now!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's mad, not a sniff of snow in Galway until around 600m and then only a little bit. Lugnaquilla in Wicklow looks plastered from that facebook page so hope to get up it at some point next week, without skis first. 5k travel limit in the Republic won't make that easy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@8611, I was in the Sperrins today. Not as much as the Antrim Hills despite their slight altitude advantage. I only got to around 400m and there was a sprinkling. Cover above 500m though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Got to Seefin 620m in South Dublin today. Plenty snow higher up. Access roads very poor from the South.

Not sure how much downhill skiing would be viable, but you could certainly ski tour across the tops of the Dublin mountains, over to Kippure or West over Seefingan and above the firing range. Saw a video of lads skiing down North side of Kippure, proper skiing.

A spin over the tops of the mountains above Sally Gap toward Wicklow Gap would definitely be viable too.

All of this is making me rue not having touring skis.

In the meantime here are some Donegal lads enjoying Errigal - great mountain with a class summit ridge:

https://www.independent.ie/videos/donegal-locals-ski-down-snowy-slopes-of-mount-errigal-39946834.html
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Donegal looks pretty good:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3461405370635854
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
8611 wrote:
Got to Seefin 620m in South Dublin today. Plenty snow higher up. Access roads very poor from the South.

Got to the top of kippure (757m) just 5 days after that post and apart from a few tiny pockets of snow it was all gone. You clearly have to grab your window quick, which I didn't.

Talk of snow today higher up in Wicklow and then later in the North and West of the country, anyone any updates or get anything done?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Decent snowfall overnight, south side of Dublin mountains around Seehan had a nice whitening, but not realistically skiable. This was at around 500m. Cloud was in so couldn't see further over to the Wicklow side but I suspect more up high there and due to be cold next few days so should keep.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like you should see some interesting conditions in the next couple of days Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/-FO7MRsCxpE
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's snowing here now. 600ft elevation west Clare coast. Pitching but bloomin windy.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What's weird is that there was far more snow on the mountains a couple of weeks ago despite the fact that we've now had a few days of weather warnings for snow, and none before.

A fickle beast, much like powder chasing in Europe. In fact probably worse.

Still, I just managed my first turns of the season in Dublin mountains, which is a very real start! Small steps!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Same here, blew really hard, blizzard stylee and now petered out to nothing. A couple of inches to zero generally but behind one of our walls about a foot deep.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy