Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2021/22

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In the hope that only this season is a complete washout.
What are peoples plans for the following year?

Extra weeks away?
Bigger budget for a different resort/country?

For us - it is quite tricky & the other half cant carry many days over from this year. I am hoping to squeeze in an extra week, or do a 2 week break @ xmas & extending our christmas break to just being away all of christmas

I am working on our group to up the budget for a bigger resort. It's difficult, as some have been furloughed during covid or work has dried up completely by working in the gig economy.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
19/20 was meant to be a month's trial run (we had to leave after 15 days) for a season that would have been all planned by now if not for Covid. If we get into the clear, we'll make every effort to plan up for Jan/Feb/Mar in France 21/22. My 64 year old knees are time limited!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’m jetting from Australia to a yet to be decided location for a three month career break that will involve lots of skiing. Most likely locations are British Columbia or Austria/Italy/France.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I still have an, ever fading, hope that our independent travel ski holiday to Austria this New Year will go ahead. But increasingly bad metrics eg Austria CV19 deaths show no sign of abating, plus travel restrictions for both legs make it unlikely.

So I have in mind next looking at Easter 2021, at a higher altitude resort in The Alps. We’re bound by school holidays.

If we don’t ski this winter, which will be my first break in 16 seasons, we’ll have more cash to ski two or three times in 2021/22, pandemic permitting we’ll do that.

At least a couple of those I would imagine would be in Austria, my favourite ski nation. Perhaps a one off trip to Scandinavia to ski.

We like staying in hotels, so we’ll look for nice places with a pool, spa and near slopeside.

[I realise these are tiny issues relative to those losing their lives to CV19 or those having to shield, these are just our dreams about our favourite hobby/holidays].
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I will just be going back to what I've done the last few winters (3-4 months in BC Canada). Will have some extra money saved, but will probably stick to my normal budget as have other non-snowboard related trips I would like to do.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Our plan for 21/22 is 5 months somewhere new(Brexit rules permitting, but where there is will there is a way), by next winter we will have an 18 month old little boy who I cannot wait to introduce to the snow!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had planned something like a 3 week road trip around Wyoming/ Montana for this season. Obviously not going to happen but can hopefully move it to next all things being ok. Funds are still there to do it. Failing that it would be another road trip around Canada instead.

Not planning on skiing this season now - will be the first one missed in 30 years Sad

alasdair.graham, very nice plans, I'm sure he'll love it and both of you too Madeye-Smiley

boarder2020, I really wish we could do the same, I do like that part of the world.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mr.Egg, a super early week Nov/Dec e.g. Tignes, Cervinia, Saas Fee could use this year's leave allowance? Can work very well. Even a long weekend.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, or that Champoluc couloir in early Dec 2021.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sbooker wrote:
I’m jetting from Australia to a yet to be decided location for a three month career break that will involve lots of skiing. Most likely locations are British Columbia or Austria/Italy/France.

If you should decide to spend 3 months in Austria/Italy/France I'm sure you could get lots of good advice on the forum. I'd just add that if you are spending 3 months in Europe I'd definitely try to fit in a few days in Switzerland too, with Zermatt and the Jungfrau region being must visit locations in my view. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
@Mr.Egg, a super early week Nov/Dec e.g. Tignes, Cervinia, Saas Fee could use this year's leave allowance? Can work very well. Even a long weekend.

I think Im looking at austria for xmas.
Im a meat and potato guy, not bread & cheese.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alastair Pink wrote:
sbooker wrote:

If you should decide to spend 3 months in Austria/Italy/France I'm sure you could get lots of good advice on the forum. I'd just add that if you are spending 3 months in Europe I'd definitely try to fit in a few days in Switzerland too, with Zermatt and the Jungfrau region being must visit locations in my view. snowHead

It will probably be one general location for the duration so I doubt I could bring myself to shell out for 3 months in Switzerland because of the apparent cost.
I’m sure a short diversion will be in order.
I intend to tap the collective Snowhead knowledge before hand as the advice I’ve received on this board has been invaluable in the past.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Most likely locations are British Columbia or Austria/Italy/France

They are very different. It's likely one or the other will suit you more. There are lots of threads on here about Europe Vs n American skiing. For example If you like lots of pistes and interconnected villages to ski between Europe makes more sense. On the other hand if you prefer off piste the avalanche controlled in bounds terrain style of North America might be better. Obviously lots of other pros and cons of each to also consider
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sbooker wrote:

It will probably be one general location for the duration so I doubt I could bring myself to shell out for 3 months in Switzerland because of the apparent cost.
I’m sure a short diversion will be in order.
I intend to tap the collective Snowhead knowledge before hand as the advice I’ve received on this board has been invaluable in the past.

I wasn't suggesting that you pay for 3 months accommodation in Switzerland, that would be costly on your bank balance! Laughing If you are going to base yourself in one country with excursions for a couple of days to ski areas in adjacent countries I'd suggest Italy would probably be the cheapest option, and it is well situated for trips to France, Switzerland and Austria. snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

Most likely locations are British Columbia or Austria/Italy/France

They are very different. It's likely one or the other will suit you more. There are lots of threads on here about Europe Vs n American skiing. For example If you like lots of pistes and interconnected villages to ski between Europe makes more sense. On the other hand if you prefer off piste the avalanche controlled in bounds terrain style of North America might be better. Obviously lots of other pros and cons of each to also consider

We’ve skied in both Europe and North America. We prefer the actual skiing in Canada/US over Europe because we prefer to get off the groomers and that is safer to do for numpties like me in Canada/US. Visiting Europe is more interesting though. And my daughter is heavily into French.....
The chosen location will likely come down to where the Oz government permits us to travel to I think. By then only Japan may be permitted. So it will be Japan. If we’re permitted to travel anywhere it will come down to logistics and cost.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy