Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interview with MD MPI Insurance re Covid, Brexit and Credit Cards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This very much came about after trying to determine what insurance policies might satisfy the requirements for a Long Stay visa to France and or any other permit.

Then combine that with the various threads and questions on here relating to Covid we sought to get answers to some of the questions being asked.

It is for that reason we decided to interview Michael Pettifer, Managing Director MPI Insurance, who has been insuring skiers since 1975 with Douglas Cox Tyrie (DCT), which is now a trading name of MPI, founded in 2002.

I think it must be some four weeks since we first contacted MPI and in that time they too have been seeking to address matters appertaining to Covid and what cover they could offer.

Don't expect any stunning revelations for as we all know the situation is changing quickly.

https://stylealtitude.com/ski-insurance-your-questions-answered.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Weathercam, thank you for posting. I had just made a mug of coffee and thought I would sit and listen to your interview with Michael. My misunderstanding, I have to read it. No problem...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Pamski, yes a one-off interview would have been difficult, think it involved about five emails and just as many telephone conversations over the course of the four weeks or so Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmm kinda confirms what I was guessing that coverage for COVID related illness while travelling will be all but impossible unless the country is whitelisted at both date of travel (& possibly date of claim?) - so then we're back on EHIC which in turn means travelling pre 31/12. A few weeks in intensive care uninsured is enough to feck many people's life up even without after effects of COVID.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Weathercam, thanks for that. As you say, it will be interesting to see if insurers start to alter their position once a vaccine is available.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy