Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aviemore ski day passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hope this is in the right place, it’s been a while since I posted on SH!
Friends have just moved up to Scotland, near aviemore, and we are hoping to visit right after new year (1st - 3/4th jan.

Does anyone know of prices for lift passed and ski hire? I’ve looked online and can only find season pass prices?

Thanks guys Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From memory last year prices were reduced to £28 for a day as the funicular is currently out of action.
Ski hire will be around £15-20, plenty of places in Aviemore itself for hire.
Hopefully there will be snow by then! If the real stuff hasn’t arrived there should be a small beginners area from the snowfactory
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks alasdair,
I hadn’t thought of the fact there might not be snow!! Lol

Well we are going to visit friends anyway, but if we get some luck of the snow gods, we will hopefully be able to squeeze in a day or 2 on the slopes.

Otherwise no skiing for me this season, which will be 2 in a row for the first time in a long time Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@alexsam97, sorry to burst your bubble, I'd keep an eye on the Covid travel restrictions.

From Friday it becomes law in Scotland not to travel between local authority areas except for essential purposes. This includes no non essential travel between Scotland and other parts of the UK.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not just the travel restrictions, staying with friends also out of the question at present too unfortunately
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A couple of things to consider.

Cairngorm is currently closed, cheaper to put staff on furlough at the moment due to no income, they intend to try and open for the 19th of December but this is not nailed on! Nevis range have announced last week that they will not be opening at all this winter until the restrictions are eased enough to make the business break even.

If you do get to come up (travel restrictions and household rules aside) numbers on the hill will be limited / restricted. Lift passes will need to be bought online in advance to stop overcrowding.

The funicular is out of action, full stop. so its surface lifts or nothing.

No word on 2020 lift passes but some are talking about higher prices to try and cope with the reduction in numbers.

Ski hire is available from either onsite / ellis brigham in town or my recommendation to people would be the Glenmore Shop on the access road.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks peeps for the info, obviously I should have stated that we won’t be traveling if current covid restrictions are in force Smile
More of a if all is well kind of plan Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy