Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Straps with built in hooks to make a board carry system

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And that looks well and truly broken. Here it is again without the URL:

Hi all,

I've got a couple of sizes of BCA airbags, and they both use the same terrible snowboard carry system:

https://www.sourceboards.com/products/bca-float-snowboard-carry-attachment

The best snowboard carry I've ever used is a really simple North Face system as shown here:

(cannot be shown as it breaks the forum!)

just a strap anchored on one side of the bag with a hook on the other. One at the top and one at the bottom. Wrap that around the board and through a binding and hook the hook into the loop on the other side of the bag. Tighten via the grip built ito the hook. Super simple, easy to use with gloves, quick and secure.

My BCA bags have the same kinds of loops to accept hooks on both sides, so there doesn't seem much to stop me just using straps with hooks instead of that weird hooky panel thing.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good straps with hooks on both ends?

https://www.bergzeit.co.uk/exped-accessory-straps-ul-straps-60-cm/ is the best I've found so far, but ideally looking for hooks on both ends to save using karabiners to anchor them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@AdamNotts, not sure why you'd need a carabiner for that? isn't there a loop sewn into he fabric which the hook attaches to?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So your problem is those straps only come with one hook buckle each? Source the hook buckles and strap separately?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MagiDeal-Webbing-Buckle-Backpack-Straps/dp/B078R2F9DW?tag=amz07b-21
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can't you just thread that strap through the loops on both sides of your pack (would be between pack+board) and then connect the 2 ends to hold the board in place?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That looks good Dave - heavy duty sewing machine or just a regular one to attach to the straps?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For heavy duty stitching try your local shoe repair shop. They'll probably do it for a couple of quid.

When we started skiing we percieved the need for some aid to ski carrying. (Just shows the power of advertising). The ready-made versions were rediculous prices so I just sourced a couple of luggage straps and compatible extra buckles. I unthreaded the movable buckle and then put two 'female' parts on each strap so they'd slide easily. Then sewed down the extra 'male' part on the free end. Bingo! Simple, effective ski straps for little cost. I don't think we bothered with them after the first week and they're probably in a drawer somewhere.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy