Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone ever got married in Saalbach?

Poster: A snowHead
Me and my other half have decided to get married in Saalbach in 2023 we have 40 guests a third of which are non-skiers, does anyone have experiences of getting married on a mountain?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Maxine306,

Welcome to snowheads.

Just in case you haven't already sorted out a venue then maybe this helps.
https://www.unterschwarzach.at/en/celebrations-conferences/weddings/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A friend of mine got married in Maria Alm. I wasn't invited so no further details! Pictures looked nice. Swine.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Guys, Im starting from scratch so anything will help.......Im looking for accomodation for 40 people to which is a bloody nightmare!!! also cant decide when would be best either end of Jan or beginning of March (we are both boarders) not sure what the snow will be like on either dates as only ever been for New Year????
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Klamm Franzer wrote:
A friend of mine got married in Maria Alm. I wasn't invited so no further details! Pictures looked nice. Swine.

How Rude!!! lol
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I haven't been to Saalbach, or a wedding in the mountains, but I imagine you'd want the weather to be nice and sunny for the wedding, but surrounded in snow?

I guess March would potentially give you a better chance of sunny, plus it's likely to be a bit warmer than January, which might be nice for the 15 or so guests that won't be there to ski/board.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did think this, its a hard combination, the non skiers are on about coming for 4 days (saturday to Tuesday) the the rest stay for the week so wanting the conditions to be good, we were going to go this year to see what it was like.......damn you covid!!!!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The tourist office may be able to help -
https://www.saalbach.com/de/service/kontakt/team-tourismusverband
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
swskier wrote:
I haven't been to Saalbach, or a wedding in the mountains, but I imagine you'd want the weather to be nice and sunny for the wedding, but surrounded in snow?

I guess March would potentially give you a better chance of sunny, plus it's likely to be a bit warmer than January, which might be nice for the 15 or so guests that won't be there to ski/board.

I'd agree with that, snow / skiing will still be good in March and Saalbach has multi-aspect slopes, so even if warm in the afternoons you'll find plenty north facing stuff that still in tip top condition.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Maxine306, the person you need is @tatmanstours, his daughter got married there at the Maisalm, just above Saalbach. The tourist board are also super helpful.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I got married in Saalbach in Feb 2018.

Ceremony at the heimethaus/ski museum in Saalbach, reception at Xandl Stadl alm in hinterglemm.

Had 18 or so guests, some came for 2-5 days, the rest stayed in a large villa with us as a group. All who attended loved it, about 50% actually skied/boarded but still found plenty to do.

Happy to answer any question and pass on contact details for photography/ entertainment/ wedding planner etc.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh my god sounds amazing do you have pics etc, you maybe my wedding guru x
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Maxine306 wrote:
Oh my god sounds amazing do you have pics etc, you maybe my wedding guru x

Happy to share pics etc, but outside of public forum! I'll PM you.

Questions etc, may be best here so others can contribute and find the info in future.

We used a local wedding/event planner from Saalfelden, she know everybody locally and sorted everything out for us, including paying everybody on the day, arranging taxis, herding guests to locations etc etc.

https://www.doris-wallner.com/en/ - My company also use Doris for events around Leogang, she is highly recommended.

Perhaps the most frustrating part of the experience was the form filling, collecting 'approved' birth certificates/documents from UK gov etc in order to get license from local authority in Saalbach to marry.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This so helpful, im between a rock and a hard place at the moment as we have a rough idea of how many guest we have, some are just coming for 4 days the rest for the week but the numbers may change once we have prices but its to early to get prices as we are looking at Jan-Mar 2023 but then hard to search accomodation/venues with out numbers
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Maxine306, my stepdaughter (British) married her Australian ski instructor in Saalbach church (legal part in registry office - Heimathaus - beforehand) in December 2009.
The Maisalm proved to be an excellent choice for reception venue - great views, food, service, etc. Easy to taxi up to it and toboggan down (in wedding gear) at midnight.
Friends of ours were planning on marrying here, but I think Covid19 put it on hold.
The Hecherhuette is another good mountain restaurant to include in wedding plans.
snow conditions
tatmanstours wrote:
@Maxine306, my stepdaughter (British) married her Australian ski instructor in Saalbach church (legal part in registry office - Heimathaus - beforehand) in December 2009.
The Maisalm proved to be an excellent choice for reception venue - great views, food, service, etc. Easy to taxi up to it and toboggan down (in wedding gear) at midnight.
Friends of ours were planning on marrying here, but I think Covid19 put it on hold.
The Hecherhuette is another good mountain restaurant to include in wedding plans.

I have a image of suits, posh frocks and snow boots! Very Happy
ski holidays
Maxine306 wrote:
Me and my other half have decided to get married in Saalbach in 2023 we have 40 guests a third of which are non-skiers, does anyone have experiences of getting married on a mountain?

Hi Maxine,
My wife and I married in Zell Am See, Jan 2015. We had a week in Zell Sat to Sat, getting married on the Wednesday then when all our guests departed we drove up the valley to Hinterglemm and had another week there for our honeymoon. We organised our wedding through Inghams who took much of the organisational faff away from us. Happy to discuss if you want to PM.

Stay safe
Andy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy