Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Presales and Discounts for 2020/2021 Season Pass

Poster: A snowHead
After 2+ weeks at home, I need a way to lift my spirits (no pun intended). So I'm gathering information of 2020/2021 season pass discounts and their value propositions. It's my first time looking at season passes, any feedback/suggestion is appreciated!

My assumption is that the majority of ski time is in the European region.

Here's the latest 2020 prices so far:

4 Vallées: Besides unlimited access to the region, the additional benefits include 5 days each at Aletsch Arena/Grandvalira/Sierra Nevada/Portes du Soleil/Vail Resorts, 6 days each at Aosta Valley/Chamonix, 50% off each at Silvretta Montafon/Arosa Lenzerheide and other summer activities. Probably the best value out there for under 24 since the annual pass costs just over a 6-day pass.

Purchase before 30 September
Season Adult - 1359 CHF
Annual Adult - 1409 CHF

Under 24 - Before 30 November
Mont4Card Annual - 300/400 CHF

Senior - Before 30 September
Annual - 1191 CHF

Epic Pass: The (in)famous pass include these additional benefits: 7 days each at Les 3 Vallées/Skirama Dolomiti, 5 days at Verbier 4 Vallees(hotel booking req.), 3 days at Ski Arlberg (hotel booking req. + ski area restrictions), 7 days total at Canadian Rockies, 5 days each at Hakuba Valley/ Rusutsu and some other properties.

This pass is worth it if you plan to visit any of the Vail Resorts for a week or more, and some time at one of the European partners. Vail Resorts day passes are prohibitively expensive otherwise (e.g. 676 USD for a peak 6-day pass)

(unknown deadline for discount)
Season Adult: 979 USD
Season Child under 12: 449 USD
There are a myriad of local/student/military/senior discounted passes, but note that ski partner resort benefits do not apply.

Ikon Pass: limited access to Europe, only 5/7 days at Matterhorn ski paradise.
Only worth it for 1+ week at one of the Ikon destinations + 5 days at Matterhorn with the restricted pass. Oddly enough, the blackout period for restricted pass during Feb half term is the Valentine's weekend Feb 13-14

(unconfirmed deadline April 22 for discount)
Season Adult: 999 USD/699 USD restricted pass
Age 13-22: 739 USD/539 USD restricted pass
Child 5-12: 309 USD or 269 USD restricted pass. a further 100 USD off if purchased with an adult pass

Mountain Collective: The first 2 days at each resort are free, and subsequent days are 50% off of the single ticket price for the whole season. The bonus for early purchase is one extra day at a single chosen resort.
The majority of resorts are based in US, with some Canadian, Niseko Japan and some Southern Hemisphere ones. Chamonix is a brand new partner in Europe this year.

(unknown deadline for discount)
Season Adult: 469USD (~420 Euro)
12 and under: 99 USD (~89 Euro)

With Chamonix being a full partner, it has an interesting value proposition for Mont Blanc Unlimited :

1. It would take less than a week to break even with a child pass. The first week would cost: 89 Euro (the pass) + 0 x 3 (first 2 days free + 1 bonus day) + 28.5 x 3 (50% off daily rate) = 174.5 euro.
A 2019 6-day child pass is 278 Euro.
2. It would take over 2 weeks to break even an adult pass. The cost is: 420 Euro (the pass) + 0 x 3 (first 2 days free + 1 bonus day) + 33.5 x 9 (50% off daily rate)= 721 euro . 2019 price for a 6-day pass is 327 euro.

If you are going between 3-5 weeks a year, this might be a great option. Cheaper than the annual pass, more flexibility and less up front cost.

Lmk if I'm missing anything!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 30-03-20 0:44; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mountain collective is $469 atm - this will increase as they sell, probably up to $499 when the bonus day has gone
https://mountaincollective.com.

Nearly pulled the trigger on it couple of days before we started talking about Lockdowns.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ah thanks, I updated the math Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My concern would be that ski areas/regions suffer temporary lock downs white they deal with outbreaks of CV. I suspect that we will need to be flexible next season. I’ve heard Val d’Isere are refunding season pass holders.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@andylocity, thanks for this, it's interesting and I didn't realise that Cham had joined mountain collective. If more European resorts joined up, this could be a really interesting model.

HOWEVER.... what I have noticed is that US day pass prices can be extremely high vs both Europe, and vs season pass deals - do these platforms drive up the day ticket price so that they can still make money on the discount pass? Cham day pass is about 30% of the price of Northstar in Tahoe, California, yet Cham has a vastly larger and more sophisticated lift system.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowdave wrote:

HOWEVER.... what I have noticed is that US day pass prices can be extremely high vs both Europe, and vs season pass deals - do these platforms drive up the day ticket price so that they can still make money on the discount pass? Cham day pass is about 30% of the price of Northstar in Tahoe, California, yet Cham has a vastly larger and more sophisticated lift system.

This debate had been done to death.

US resorts don’t have “sophisticated lift infrastructure”. They have sophisticated avi control to allow unguided inbound off-piste skiing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BertieG wrote:
I suspect that we will need to be flexible next season. I’ve heard Val d’Isere are refunding season pass holders.

Vail has some kind of refund scheme too, for those who didn’t get to use this year’s pass. I suspect others will follow.

So if you had a season pass this year, it’s worthwhile to wait to see what may come down the pipeline.

I was originally planning to change to a different pass. Now I may change my mind, depending on whatever offer is still to come.

In fact, I feel this is the year early takers may come to regret, as more deals maybe forthcoming at a later point.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@abc, I take it you've not skied at Northstar? (or maybe not Chamonix?)

Cham has a _lot_ more avi control, vastly greater vertical, and at least as much snowmaking.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Northstar?

I have. What about it?

And of Cham, can you freely ski off piste, without partner or beacon?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This has to be the first time Cham and Northstar have been compared to one another!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I’d very happily pay twice the price for my Cham annual pass if they had US-style avi control. That would after all only be the same as a couple of days with a guide.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scooter in Seattle, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
Have been to one of them, with no wish to repeat Smile The other we may get to at some point in the future.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And there is the Magic Pass covering 34 Swiss resorts, 899 CHF (approx £750 on today's rates).

https://www.magicpass.ch/en/pages/magic-pass-2

Any number of excellent value Austrian regional passes too - Salzburger Ski Welt, Ski Amade etc etc.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FWIW I asked Alterra (Ikon) about refunds and so forth and they said they were evaluating things.

@andylocity, good summary. The blackout you cited on Ikon as Valentine's Day is in reality President's Day weekend, a standard blackout period over here. Some schools also add a "mid-winter break" to that week, with predictable results on the hills.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
LOTA wrote:
And there is the Magic Pass covering 34 Swiss resorts, 899 CHF (approx £750 on today's rates).

https://www.magicpass.ch/en/pages/magic-pass-2

Already got mine at the 400CHF rate, and hoping (OK, praying) that 'the virus' does not kill off next season. You also get to use some of the lifts over the summer / autumn months if you fancy some swiss hiking, although I can see it not really being of much use this summer. Nevermind, roll on (hopefully) a great month in the mountains in Feb2021. Bargain price for some lovely resorts, and a few hidden gems. Very Happy
latest report
abc wrote:

And of Cham, can you freely ski off piste, without partner or beacon?

Yes. If you are that way inclined! Toofy Grin
snow report
Portes du Soleil have annouced they'll be selling 5000 passes at €499 again
snow report
Les Deux Alpes

https://www.skipass-2alpes.com/en/saison-illimitee

Unlimited season ski pass

Unlimited access to Les 2 Alpes entiere ski area from 1,300 meters to 3,600 meters height. Ski down more than 2,300 meters of drop and enjoy the 200km of marked slopes in the heart of Oisans.

Benefit from offer on the season pass:

-30% until October 17: until 300€ discount*
*for adult and junior pass: 706€ instead of 1009€
-20% from October 18 to November 21, 2020: until 200€ discount*
*for adulte and junior pass: 807€ instead of 1009€
Order you pass right now with the payement in 2 instalments without fees¹.

In case of unforeseen events, opt for the season insurance and the cancellation guarantee.

For me buying with the biggest discount it is only 7€ more than last season.
latest report
When does the mnt blanc unlimited season pass price normally come out, think we bought ours in November last year, ws hoing they do some extra early season discounts this year to tempt people into buying
snow report
@robs1, Price should be coming out soon. There is already a price out for the 'Club Prive Super Promo' for which you need to buy in the first week of Oct AND have had a season/annual pass last year AND have rejected any other form of comp for the Covid closure period.

Normally then there would be a window in which you can buy 'Super Promo' or whatever the name is which is the early bird (but not Club Prive) there might even be two tiers on that depending on when you buy.

Then it's regular season/annual prices.

If you had a season pass last season then you should have been getting emails pretty regularly since March (about Covid, refunds, discounts, etc).
snow report
Espace Killy season pass is currently on discount

Buy before 27/11 and pay €1069.50, saving €356.50 over standard retail price.

You can ski Autumn on the Motte, Winter for the whole area and Summer on Motte and Pissaillas.
snow conditions
Jungfrau Region including Gstaad, Adelboden/Lenk, Meiringen Hasliberg as well as Wengen/Grindelwald/Mürren, on sale 1/10/2020, CHF777 if bought by 13/12/2020.

https://www.jungfrau.ch/fileadmin/Prospekte_und_Broschueren/Price_list_Jungfrau_Ski_Region.pdf
snow report
Grand Massif is c500 Euro for the season, up until beginning of December. If you are on their season pass list, you have the 'insurance' of a full refund if you don't use the pass at all- thinking Covid here...
ski holidays
midgetbiker wrote:
@robs1, Price should be coming out soon. There is already a price out for the 'Club Prive Super Promo' for which you need to buy in the first week of Oct AND have had a season/annual pass last year AND have rejected any other form of comp for the Covid closure period.

Normally then there would be a window in which you can buy 'Super Promo' or whatever the name is which is the early bird (but not Club Prive) there might even be two tiers on that depending on when you buy.

Then it's regular season/annual prices.

If you had a season pass last season then you should have been getting emails pretty regularly since March (about Covid, refunds, discounts, etc).

Yes we had a pass last year and have been getting emails, obviously not been reading them well enough to notice the bits about price, will go back and read properly, thanks for that info,
ski holidays
Hadn't spotted this thread but the Portes du Soleil had an offer of season passes for €391/free for children u12...which ran out on August 31st.

Doh!
latest report
Ski Amadé: Before 03/12/20 €617, after €659. Plus €40 discount for season pass holders from 2019-2020. Includes Salzburg Sportwelt, Schladming, Hochkönig, Gasteins, Grossarltal.

Salzburger SuperSki: Before 02/12/20 €774, after €865. Plus €45 discount for season pass holders from 2019-2020. Includes Ski Amadé, SkiWelt, Ski Juwel, Zillertal, Kitzbühel, 3 Länder Freizeit, Skicircus, Wildkogel, Zell am See Kaprun, Rauris, Lungau, Obertauern, Dachstein West, Werfenweng, Schneebären.
snow conditions
@queenie pretty please, Have you heard whether the number of season passes will be limited? Or any other restrictions on using a season pass. Thanks.
ski holidays
Charliegolf wrote:
Grand Massif is c500 Euro for the season, up until beginning of December. If you are on their season pass list, you have the 'insurance' of a full refund if you don't use the pass at all- thinking Covid here...

This is probably the most COVID proof option I've found. Even if you plan to ski elsewhere but haven't bought a pass yet, this could be a great assurance, fallback plan. It's a no question refund if unused policy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy