Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bargain Season Pass €325 for 5 resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I don't suppose this will be of interest to many but I'm putting it out there because I think it's a bargain.
I just bought a season pass for the upcoming season in the hope that some of the season at least will be possible.
It's fully refundable up to 05/12/20.
It covers the Haute Maurienne resorts of;
Bonneval
Val Cenis
Aussois
La Normal
Val Frejus
The resorts are not huge but if you go mainly off-piste there's easily a season's worth of fun to be had.
If you're OK to skin a little bit from the top of some lifts you get even more.
For €350 it's a bargain even if you only get out here for a couple of weeks.
Only snag is that price is only valid today, if you buy it during November it goes to the crazy sum of €390 Smile
Details here (it's a bit hard to find from many of their sites)
https://www.bonnevalsurarc.fr/vacances-ski-savoie-haute-maurienne/espace-haute-maurienne-vanoise-forfait-ski_108.html
Voila!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If only there was somewhere to stay in the area...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very drole Adi! Actually Termingnon would be more central for that pass but it's all near enough.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Am I perceiving it incorrectly?
It appears to be a season pass only for Bonneval but includes
Quote:
1 DAY SKIING IN AUSSOIS
1 DAY SKIING IN BESSANS
1 DAY SKIING IN LA NORMA
1 DAY SKIING IN VALFRÉJUS
1 DAY SKIING IN VAL CENIS
Non?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm, thanks for spotting that Graham.
It seems to be a typical case of lots of little resorts not managing to coordinate very well.
I'll have to call them on Monday and try and get to the bottom of it.
The HMV page I saw said;
"Forfait annuel
• L’accès illimité à l’Espace Haute Maurienne Vanoise : Valfréjus, La Norma, Aussois, Val Cenis, Bessans, Bonneval sur Arc et l’accès illimité aux domaines nordiques (Aussois – Val Cenis Sardières, Val Cenis Bramans, Bessans)
• 3 journées de ski offertes à Bardonecchia (Italie), 3 journées de ski à Montgenèvre, 3 journées à Pralognan la Vanoise et 3 journées à Crans-Montana (Suisse)
• L’accès illimité aux remontées mécaniques ouvertes en été.
• Les navettes inter-stations Haute Maurienne Vanoise sans supplément ni réservation."
But from that page there was no link to actually buy it.
Then on the Bonneval site I found the forfait Saisaon HMV for sale so I bought it.
But now I see on that page it only gives you one day in the other stations.
I'll call them and find out if the one advertised as "Forfait annuel" really exists and if so what it costs and how you buy it.
Thanks again,
Ed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.valcenis.ski/purchase-path/product-details/11049

This one seems to be unlimited for all areas, if i read correctly.

I've yet to ski Aussois out of them but think it's a very underated valley.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went there via site top line

https://www.haute-maurienne-vanoise.com/winter/val-cenis/skiing/lift-pass-val-cenis/

Then via annual choice, seems to be UK facing promote too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ed_sec wrote:
Very drole Adi!...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski3 wrote:
https://www.valcenis.ski/purchase-path/product-details/11049

This one seems to be unlimited for all areas, if i read correctly.

I've yet to ski Aussois out of them but think it's a very underated valley.

Thanks ski3, that's reassuring.
The only reference to the 1 day only thing is on that one page of the Bonneval site, the rest indicate it's a genuine 5 station pass.
I'm hoping it's a case of last seasons "eskimo" pass having been replaced by the "HMV" pass.
At the same time they've realised they may as well give you unlimited skiing everywhere rather than just one day.
The centralised HMV site makes no mention of the one day limit but equally doesn't give you a way to buy it from there, only via one of the resorts.
Bonneval have presumably updated their own site accordingly but not proof-read it properly and have left the old bit about 1 days only still showing.

That's what I'm hoping but I just emailed them asking for clarification.

Aussois is OK but a bit limited and can be rather windy. It's a good strating point if you are going skinning in the Vanoise but not so much for a days lift use.
Hope you get some skiing somewhere this season Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just checked the La Norma site and it too says the full unlimited 6 resort pass can be bought today for €325 so I really hope that's right.
Wish I'd spotted they were all selling it as I could have bought one I could pick up a lot nearer than Bonneval.
Still an afternoon at Bonneval can't be all bad Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
adithorp wrote:
Ed_sec wrote:
Very drole Adi!...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin wrote:
Am I perceiving it incorrectly?
It appears to be a season pass only for Bonneval but includes
Quote:
1 DAY SKIING IN AUSSOIS
1 DAY SKIING IN BESSANS
1 DAY SKIING IN LA NORMA
1 DAY SKIING IN VALFRÉJUS
1 DAY SKIING IN VAL CENIS
Non?

Good spot Graham but I'm hopeful that the numerous places it says it's unlimited outweigh the one place where it still has last seasons formula.
In any event, should you end up doing a day or two hereabouts, I'll still have the SkioGrande passes which at least give you 20% off the daily price.
Smile Cool
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quick update. I got a reply confirming that the pass does indeed cover unlimited skiing in all 5 resorts.
"Avec le forfait saison, vous pouvez effectivement skier en illimité dans toutes les stations."
It's just the one Bonneval web page which still has the wrong info relating to the old Eskimo pass.
Now it's November it's gone up to €390 but that still a lot of varied skiing for the money.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy