Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British residents in Austria new permits post-Brexit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the approx 10,000 Brits living in Austria, the Austrian government has invented a new form of residence permit from Jan 2021.

The good news is that the annual Rot-Weiß-Rot-Plus card is not needed for Brits resident for less than five years. The other potentially good news is that there is no mention of cost. Yet.

This is the new information on the Federal Chancellery page. It is still in draft form, so more information will emerge:

https://www.bundeskanzleramt.gv.at/en/topics/brexit/residency-and-access-to-the-labour-market.html?fbclid=IwAR1haOTiK2Sub8hU3CXHJtGo0sQKCGdtU8EsPu7Yy-jGcw80krZd0trpyHY

As previously, there is no provision for extended tourism permits for non resident property owners.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 10-10-20 6:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@queenie pretty please, potentially good news...be interested in the small print
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@queenie pretty please, I'm nitpicking here, but can we move away from the word ex-pat? I feel like I needed to march in with an army and a flag to deserve that! Immigrant is fine. Resident works too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting.

I guess this means anyone wanting to work in AT this season has to be here before the end of December:

Quote:
I am a British citizen. Can I continue to work in Austria?
UK nationals continue to enjoy unrestricted access to the Austrian labour market in accordance with the EU legal framework until the end of the transition period of the Withdrawal Agreement (31 December 2020).

After the end of the transition period, UK nationals who have exercised their right to reside or to work as frontier worker in Austria in accordance with the EU legal framework before the end of the transition period and continue to do so there thereafter, will enjoy unrestricted access to the Austrian labour market on the basis of the Withdrawal Agreement.

Whether UK nationals, who are not covered by the Withdrawal Agreement according to the previous paragraph, will have access to the Austrian labour market will be subject to negotiations on the future relationship between the EU and the UK, which are expected to start in spring 2020

This also sounds like it might be complicated for anyone who is self employed and/or not in the Krankenkasse system (my bold):

Quote:
After the end of the transitional phase, it will be necessary to apply for a residence permit "Article 50 EUV" as a British citizen or as a (third-country) family member. The requirements for the residence permit are regulated by the withdrawal agreement. Therefore, you must be employed or must be able to afford your stay in Austria without receiving social welfare benefits for yourself and your family members and must have comprehensive health insurance. As a family member of such a person, you also retain your right of residence. The same applies if you have already acquired a permanent right of residence.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999 wrote:
This also sounds like it might be complicated for anyone who is self employed and/or not in the Krankenkasse system

That sounds complicated and scary, when in reality you just turn up at the SVS and set up a direct debit. They'll give you the paperwork you need to get the residency docs.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scarlet, good to know! My experiences with the SVS were not great (and bloody expensive!).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Scarlet, fixed the title for you. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@queenie pretty please, Thank you Very Happy *puts flag away and army on kurzarbeit*
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This infographic has been posted in British in Austria Facebook Group. It suggests there could be problems with leaving and re-entering Schengen after 01/01/21 before applying for new residency permits.

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@queenie pretty please, doesn’t that infographic suggest potential problems after 01/01/22?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@DJL, yes, you're right. I guess it is reminding people to carry their Meldebescheunigung or similar until they have successfully applied for Article 50 EUV.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
After 20 years resident in Austria I only just picked up my Bescheinigung des Daueraufenthalts last month. Hope this helps me to obtain the 50 EUV Card.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@DB, it should certainly make life easier for you.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy