Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic HAWX ULTRA XDT 130 heel damaged

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Judging by this topic: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/305039-Dynafit-Beast-horseshoe-and-WTR-boots

Everything is okay, bt i am waiting for your feedback
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kostyarik, ok so the damage is fairly common on all boots of light weight construction and especially if the binding adjustment is not perfect or you go into the binding at an angle, it can also be caused if you take a big fall and eject from the binding

the dealer rejecting the claim would suggest it is a binding set up problem, most dealers are on the side of the customer so will push atomic for warranty

now, on to the fix, no need to replace the boots as yet, the plate you showed in the post above is specifically for the marker king pin binding to allow it to be used with a few models of touring boot, but what you can do is have the heel of the boot cut down by 1.5-2.5mm (depending on the material thickness of the plate) and a race metal shim screwed onto the top of the plastic... now, currently there are two places in the uk who could do this, but that isnt very local, not sure where you are in russia but the guys at this shop should be able to help.... it is a world cup metal heel shim you need www.sportservice.nsk.ru/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^^^^^^^
This is exactly what I had done (by CEM, as it happens), as described earlier in the thread. It has worked really well and I am very happy with it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@CEM, Isn't the adapter in the pics the Dynafit Beast adapter? The Kingpin adapter has a flat top edge and looks a little different.

Agree though that using either of those plates is a fudge, and your solution is the more proper one.

IF the Beast plate was used then best to grind the top edge flat (like a Kingpin one) taking off the top of the two 'bulges' at either end. That's what Jon advises if a Beast enabled boot is to be regularly used in a DIN binding.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kostyarik wrote:
@Bennyboy1, @midgetbiker, @under a new name, @DB,

The official dealer offered me to fix this plate. Photos of the same boots in google drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12ZkvuPzSztsrOIbmgrJ-D3XEdqBTfACu?usp=sharing

That is the fixing that was supplied for use with Dynafit Beast Bindings due to the Dynafit beast binding having two prongs that were damaging the heel welt of many ski boots, so it may help your boot.
You really need to get the clearance between that and the heel of the boots set correctly with a proper gauge to set the gap ( the fixing used to come with a special plastic gauge to set the gap). Go to ski boot shop and get them to fit and check if you decide to use.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@CEM,

Thank you for your advice, maybe you can send me some photos of the ready boots, for me to understand what I should ask for in the boot shop
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Markhandford,

But do the boots continue to work properly with alpine bindings after I fix this dynafit addition
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@gorilla,

Can you send photos of the boots?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
midgetbiker wrote:
@CEM, Isn't the adapter in the pics the Dynafit Beast adapter? The Kingpin adapter has a flat top edge and looks a little different.

Agree though that using either of those plates is a fudge, and your solution is the more proper one.

IF the Beast plate was used then best to grind the top edge flat (like a Kingpin one) taking off the top of the two 'bulges' at either end. That's what Jon advises if a Beast enabled boot is to be regularly used in a DIN binding.

Quite possibly. But it is not what would put on a boot with this issue
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Photo of the heel shim looks like this:

Rats its come out rotated through 90 degrees. Anyhow, you can see that there is a horseshoe shaped steel plate about 2mm thick screwed to the top of the boot heel. The piece is next to the tech insert but is not part of it. CEM routed the heel down by the thickness of the steel shim and then screwed the piece on. DIN for the boot heel is (iirc) 30mm +/- 1mm. Goes without saying that only let someone do this to your boot if you are certain that they know exactly what they are doing.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kostyarik wrote:
@CEM,

Thank you for your advice, maybe you can send me some photos of the ready boots, for me to understand what I should ask for in the boot shop

This link shows the part and it on a boot https://verdonkracing.com/collections/boot-tools/products/metal-din-shims-heel-only

They will need to use a thinner one than the Verdonk ones as these interfere with the hardware in the boot, the shop I gave you the link for will know exactly what the process is
Not sure how local they are to you, I know you have a fairly big country
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy