Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Petition to keep snowsports open.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
+1 for skateboarding.
That was my lockdown dividend from the last lockdown.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Already had an email from our course saying it would be closed from Thursday. Can't see it being allowed to remain open.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

@NickyJ, further... Why make life difficult going for some kind of contrived hybridised version of snowboarding, that will be more expensive, harder to find spaces to do it and necessitate parental support to generate opportunities, when skateboarding is a well established sport with a fully fledged culture? IME skaters are generally loners/independent by nature who support, encourage and teach each other. Skateboarding can be learnt and enjoyed in your own street and when she's got her basic balance sorted you've even got a fairly decent skatepark near you: 24mins walk or 7mins on a Bike. (probably about 10 on a skateboard Toofy Grin )

NB. DO NOT GET HER A SCOOTER INSTEAD!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I showed her the mountain boards and she asked for a skateboard! Laughing

I trying to look at ones aimed at the ones which can be used off road. As we have the new forest on our door step with a good number of slopes and conscious that the skate park in town was closed during last lockdown.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pastorius wrote:
I played last Friday and there was a lot of club cleaning going on!

On a more practical note, I think the government won't open golf courses, just to keep things simple. They want a total lockdown, hard and nasty no exceptions, just go to work then go home and stay in, they're desperate for Christmas to go ahead. Which may work out well for my January ski trip...

I'll forgo my golf for the next 2 months if I can ski in January. It's not like i've I had much value out of my membership this year anyway, so what's another 2 months of not playing!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing Yeah, she's not stupid Cool
Last lockdown, they closed the skatepark in Camden too. And, conscious of the fact that skateboarders are good at climbing fences, they filled the bowl with woodchips.
Their error was, leaving the bags lying around that the woodchips came in as the skaters just swept them up and re-filled the bags Laughing

Thing is, the street will be enough for a good few weeks to start with, for getting the basics. Honestly, there are decent skaters who have been skating years and never go to a skatepark. Although it is nice to be skating around others and as I say, it's a supportive culture.
The progression of: Basic balance/pushing=>kick-turns=>Ollie=>shoveit=>kickflip (see youtube) could take months to nail and require nothing more than flatground. If they close the park, she'll be ready to hit it with attitude by the time it opens again.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin wrote:
+1 for skateboarding.
That was my lockdown dividend from the last lockdown.

Now that I've gotta see! Plenty of boards around for you to show off your skillz Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy