Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Finder and Avalanche Rescue accessory

Poster: A snowHead
Needs more fonts.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Joe Axelrad, your website...and I mean this as a critique not criticising....is truly awful. It looks amateur and like it's been developed and written by a 12 year old C grade student. It is an instant turn off. That's probably a good thing given what you are selling.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ugly, too many different fonts / font sizes, odd use of bold (unsuprisingly) and highlighted (in grey!) text, doesn't scale to fit the screen, odd capitalisation, stock clipart. Looks like a poster turned out 30 years ago with an early desktop publishing package. Although a picture is worth a thousand words the sequences don't immediately explain the product unless you already have a clear idea of how it is supposed to work. You seem to be marketing a product to Europe (based on the language options) but pricing in dollars???? The link to nearest store doesn't show a store (I wonder why..). And for a product of this type a noticible lack of endorsements from bodies or individuals with standing (e.g. where are the videos of ski patrollers in uniform recommending this in their resorts? oh you don't have any? why?)

However it's still better suited to purpose than the actual product...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tubaski wrote:
Ugly, too many different fonts / font sizes, odd use of bold (unsuprisingly) and highlighted (in grey!) text, doesn't scale to fit the screen, odd capitalisation, stock clipart. Looks like a poster turned out 30 years ago with an early desktop publishing package.

worse than Snowheads then?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof wrote:
Tubaski wrote:
Ugly, too many different fonts / font sizes, odd use of bold (unsuprisingly) and highlighted (in grey!) text, doesn't scale to fit the screen, odd capitalisation, stock clipart. Looks like a poster turned out 30 years ago with an early desktop publishing package.

worse than Snowheads then?

lol, Snowheads is classic design dontyaknow.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Joe Axelrad wrote:

I have more important things to do.
After all, mom and dad don't pay my bills.

You really haven't worked out the demographic on here have you?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Tubaski, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I love the inclusion of the Inspector Clouseau clip art. I feel it tells us a great deal about you, your product efficacy and promise, and your business model as a whole.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Again re the website critique not criticsm- there are website builders/hosters like squarespace and wordpress templates that enable you as a dabbler to have something semi professional looking for not a lot of time invested. OK they might be a bit bland and generic and the nerds here whose job is the tinterweb/design will tell you copious flaws but they are passable. Yours looks like a spew of information stream of consciousness on a page (I've looked at the pics of the attachment under the boot a few times and still don't get it - is it you basically lay a loop under your foot and behind the heel then step in then tighten the loop?)

But your website is not really the point is it - its all the other stuff is why you've launched it as an amateur, your clumsy spamming and inability to take on board valid suggestions that mean you will fail even if you employ the design talent behind such ski industry triumphs as Carradan Skis and the Bulldog Board.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can’t help thinking it’s time for this thread to die a death along with the website and product. The thread is now longer than the 4 ribbons and has given a dangerous idea far too much air time! I appreciate the alternatives my be worse, like can we can’t we travel, will there be powder on 14th Jan, next season will be more expensive than the last and brexit
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charliee wrote:
I can’t help thinking it’s time for this thread to die a death along with the website and product. The thread is now longer than the 4 ribbons and has given a dangerous idea far too much air time! I appreciate the alternatives my be worse, like can we can’t we travel, will there be powder on 14th Jan, next season will be more expensive than the last and brexit

You forgot “will I need chains”
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ozboy wrote:

You forgot “will I need chains”

No. I've got a new cheaper invention to use instead. It's a brightly coloured ribbon than you wrap around the tyre and tie in a bow. I've tested them and they look very pretty. Though I haven't done any proper testing in snow or even just driving, I'm sure they'll work. I also plan to get a retro website set up for them but don't worry it won't explain their use any better than what I've said above.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Joe Axelrad, there’s a lot of links to other sites on there. Do you have permission from those sites? They may not want to be associated with your product, and you don’t make it clear that these are third party sites rather than your own content. If I had a website with good avalanche awareness content, I’d be very disappointed to find somebody linking to it as a way to sell product like yours.

The site doesn’t work properly on mobile devices. It doesn’t work properly on a PC either. In fact, I don’t think it works properly on anything. Which is probably for the best.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I suspect our hero is just attempting some amateur SEO by linking to proper avy resources and indeed getting a bunch of people clicking thru from a recognised ski forum like this.

Won't help him sell a bad idea mind.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Six pages. Jesus wept. Just let the man sell his widget and be done with it. If you don't want it then don't buy it.
ski holidays
I wouldn't buy it as currently designed. But with a few simple modifications (different colours for ski and person ribbon halves, both halves clearly labelled, and both halves indicating direction towards ski/person) I would consider it. Not as a substitute for tranceiver / probe / shovel, but as an additional safety measure. Even if it saves just 30 seconds at the start of an avalanche search, which seems easily possible, that could be a life/death difference.
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
I suspect our hero is just attempting some amateur SEO by linking to proper avy resources and indeed getting a bunch of people clicking thru from a recognised ski forum like this.

That's not a bad idea after all.

As it is impossible to convince these that are already convinced, and as this topic has far exceeded any topic in the Off Piste forum, I hope for all of us that the coming season will open,
and wish to thank you all for your input, that I used to correct the look of my website, and with this I will end my personal communication through this topic.

If someone feels that he has more inquiries, she/he can do that through my website: https://www.ski-finder-avalanche-rescue.com/

Regardless of our disputes, we all share the same passion.

I wish you all a Safe skiing season, and: SEE YOU ON THE SLOPES.
latest report
Joe Axelrad wrote:
As it is impossible to convince these that are already convinced, and as this topic has far exceeded any topic in the Off Piste forum

Far exceeded?
You complete lunatic. How far did you look?
Let’s ignore the fact that it’s almost entirely comprised of people pointing out the flaws in your ‘invention’, you have also outright ignored those who have given useful advice as to how this might be useful. What was your actual purpose in coming here, as it demonstrably wasn’t to garner opinion as you claim?
snow conditions
Could a mod delete all links to this fool's website so he loses out on his link-monkey benefit and no suckers think they can buy avy protection for $35
ski holidays
Tazz2bme wrote:
Joe Axelrad wrote:
As it is impossible to convince these that are already convinced...

@Tazz2bme, I think he's saying that he's "convinced" he's right and his opinion can't be changed. That would fit with his not accepting his invention is dangerous crap.
latest report
These things have been around for years for the purpose of finding lost skis in powder. They are NOT recognised by any reputable body (mountain rescue, mountain associations etc) as avalanche safety equipment.

http://youtube.com/v/JEg-Yr19YRA

http://youtube.com/v/3YunYD_WpHM

http://youtube.com/v/uLdEMebNxSY
snow conditions
Quote:
The second reason:

I am afraid of Avalanches, probably like the most of us when we rip the deep snow off-piste. The cost of a Transceiver is extremely high, and many of us will take a risk.

A new concept was born.

I gathered some parts and created the first Ski Finder & Avalanche Rescue and went to try it on the slopes.

This makes painful reading.

Is this for real, he thinks he invented the powder ribbon?

Well, we know a story about that, don't we Geoffrey?

http://www2.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/forum/discussion.aspx/Skiing-And-Snowboarding-general?discussionID=9338

Quote:
There's no question that the avoidance of danger slopes is 90% of the answer. Detection and rescue gear is optional, in my book. I doubt if I'll ever buy a transceiver, though they are very interesting devices.

^ and so the legend of the avalanche cord was born.

Quote:
If I disappear into an avalanche I might be trailing an avalanche cord. The rescue potential of the devices, which have apparently saved hundreds of lives, have never been properly compared with transceivers (to my knowledge).

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 9-11-20 10:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Joe Axelrad wrote:

[size=14]That's not a bad idea after all.

I believe links from Snowheads are nofollow anyway so very little SEO benefit, likewise outbound links from the OP's site have very little effect (compared to inbound links), and there is absolutely 0 chance that Google will rank a site with a user experience like the OP's anyway. It's not the year 2000 anymore wink
latest report
I see that the OP has now posted on the Facebook Ski Club page promoting his product. The comments made there not surprisingly echo those made here, and are so far universally unfavourable....
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, put a link to this thread on there (I can't - not a member)
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
I see that the OP has now posted on the Facebook Ski Club page promoting his product. The comments made there not surprisingly echo those made here, and are so far universally unfavourable....

can't teach an old dog new tricks can you
snow conditions
See he's taken my idea and appropriated as his own new improved version 2. Still won't sell many of v1 in order to make V2. What a tool.
snow report
Nice work @Alastair Pink, I particularly like the way Facebook's algorithm selected the image from @extremerob's post on the first page...

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@Tubaski, as you say the selected image was entirely down to the mysterious workings of Facebook, it surprised me when it appeared, nothing to do with me. Little Angel
latest report
Madness. I just came across this post. I have looked on the web page they link before writing this. They seem according to what is posted there to be into big mountain off piste. Claim to have loads of experience. Like I said madness even if they do claim the ropes will release. It could get caught on your legs or maybe even around your neck before then. Hey ho! No transceiver, no off piste and for me an air bag as well! This thing is dangerous!! Sad
snow report
snowcrazy wrote:
Madness. I just came across this post. I have looked on the web page they link before writing this. They seem according to what is posted there to be into big mountain off piste. Claim to have loads of experience. Like I said madness even if they do claim the ropes will release. It could get caught on your legs or maybe even around your neck before then. Hey ho! No transceiver, no off piste and for me an air bag as well! This thing is dangerous!! Sad

If this happened I wonder if the supplier would he be liable, esp. with all his false claims of it being a piece of avalanche safety equipment.
snow conditions
snowcrazy wrote:
This thing is dangerous!! Sad

What's more dangerous still is the "inventor's" attitude.

He genuinely seems to think he has invented something innovative and that is appropriate for avalanche safety. He's like that James Rubrey prick of a few years ago with a dangerous unethical product designed to bottom feed off the cheapskate end of the market with claims reliant on the goodwill and behaviour of others.

The actual danger is fortunately limited to those who are stupid enough to think this provides avalanche safety - so a self selecting at risk group
snow conditions
...He's like that James Rubrey prick of a few years ago with a dangerous unethical product...

Puzzled Do tell. I did Google it but all I got was a kebab shop.
snow conditions
Maybe it was Aubrey? Snowbeacon or something? Unofficial Networks picked up the slagging it was getting here and elsewhere and called it the Most dangerous avalanche device ever. Axelrad may be a contentender for the crown?
snow conditions
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=89353&highlight=snowbeacon

Unfortunately the links don't work but looks like it was some kind of transmit only beacon.
snow conditions
Tubaski wrote:
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=89353&highlight=snowbeacon

Unfortunately the links don't work but looks like it was some kind of transmit only beacon.

I remember that, a sort of beacon for people with a Narcissistic personality disorder .
snow report
I wonder if cats are better at finding ribbons than dogs.

http://youtube.com/v/Yu2QpKdfpxs
snow conditions
@DB, i'm going to start rounding up some stray cats, are you interested in splitting the costs to get them trained up?

I am thinking JAPOW is a huge market - after all they have a reidculous cat-fetish, could even do a collaboration with hello-kitty Puzzled
ski holidays
extremerob wrote:
@DB, i'm going to start rounding up some stray cats, are you interested in splitting the costs to get them trained up?

Just to do searches, or are you also thinking of using them instead of avalanche poodles ?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy