Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zell am See, Kaprun, Kitzsteinhorn snow report 2020/21

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have had three good days skiing on the Kitzsteinhorn up till now. For the first day on 13.10 the weather wasn't particularly great, being rather misty with poor visibility for most of the time. There was a brief glimpse of the sun after lunch but it didn't last long. Although the car parks were relatively empty when I arrived, the pistes were moderately busy, for few lifts were running. Really only runs at the central T-bars and down to the Alpincenter were available (+ by a couple of beginners' tows). Snow conditions were good, it having snowed the night before.

On my second day a week later the weather had improved (as did my skiing). This time the Sonnenkar chairlift was also running which provided a bit more variety. There were more skiers around which made for some queuing, 5-10 mins at the T-bars. But the snow was still good. When lunching at the Alpincenter I had to fill in a form to provide contact details.

My third day was last Wednesday, when I skied with John Barr. That was the best day so far, though the sun didn't come through even though we could see blue sky in the distance. The slopes were busier still, probably because of schools' mid-term holidays. Mind you, the Dutch buses which are usually to be seen in the car park are missing this year, so it seems some groups have put off their trips. However, this time the Kristallbahn and the Schmiedingerbahn were also operating, so the crowds were better spread out. Snow was again good, though with minor moguls on many pistes and a few scraped spots in places. It was another enjoyable day on the slopes, quite strenuous.

And that looks like being my last skiing for a while, for following on the increased restrictions introduced at the weekend the
Kitzsteinhorn is closing from Tuesday Sad The closure is currently planned until the end of November and I imagine all the skiing areas are hoping to re-open for the Christmas period but I won't be holding my breath.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy