Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not going skiing? What'll you do with the savings?

Poster: A snowHead
@VolklAttivaS5, wrote on another thread that she'll be saving a fortune, not going skiing this coming season. She won't be the only one. So? Splash out on something else? Or save for a rainy (or snowy) day?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll probably juat stop in
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pam w, put it towards the running costs of the flat I can't go to rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@holidayloverxx, Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pam w, nice thread! snowHead

My answer? Not decided yet.

Or rather, I haven't quite thought about it just yet.

I'm slightly (ok, more than just slightly) concerned about the economical fall out. So perhaps the most prudent thing to do is save it for a rainy day.

I have, however, bought a few items slatted for later purchase, they are now being "fast forward"! Smile Also a few odd items that are maybe of questionable value, and I normally wouldn't have spend money on... Not the bulk of money saved, not even close. But it's the direction of that being a pool of "extra fund"... Embarassed

BTW, my savings are not just from not skiing, it's all the other things I'm not doing: eating out, concerts/theatres, staying in swanky places being pampered... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 28-10-20 21:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Given that I've just paid 750€ for a season pass Shocked I've used it for 2 days last weeks and will tomorrow before we lockdown. After that who knows.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was planning a trip to Canada, used the money for 9 heli ski days locally, a new touring setup and some back country training. It was awesome, and I think I'll carry on doing that instead of going overseas.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Build a new PC, still won't make up for no snowboarding for a year Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paying off the mortgage as I'm imagining 20 years of monthly mortage payments being diverted into future ski trips instead of paying the mortgage Wink

Thinking of doubling down and booking locum work in the time when I would normally be skiing so I earn my usual salary, save the cost of the ski trip and earn more than my usual salary on the overtime Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well some of it is going on comfort purchases but most of it will stay in the ski holiday fund: they may be more expensive anyway after all this but there some destinations on my wish list - Greenland at the top - that need bigger funds.

So a couple of extra-exciting trips eventually, plus some single supplements as a treat Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Aren't you getting some sort of refund for that tho? @Claude B,
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Probably getting the bathroom and ensuite replaced, exciting Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Depends on what happens in England and Scotland, and if that turns out to be feasible, if season tickets can be and are bought there, if many, many trips and overnight accommodations can be accomplished and thus paid for, etc, etc.
Otherwise, saving it up so that my hoped-for many multi-week Europe snow trips can start to happen in future years. Or maybe more summer trips?
Realistically, well probably still hope to do that anyway: but since an awful lot of my everyday food and household bills have gone up considerably, my meagre income from invested cash and shares has all but gone to zero and I am now the proud sole 'employer' of a stay-at-home handyman, chauffeur, gardener and butlering factotum, I'm not sure that there's much saved at all Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm trying to book a place on a BASI L1 Course. That'll get me a week of skiing in a fridge that might be less boring than skiing in a fridge on my own.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Charlieehr, the season hasn't actually started yet, Toussaint is just a bonus. Hopefully will be able to get enough days in during the winter and refund for last winter was fair.
ski holidays
Savings, what savings? Bills still need paying.
latest report
Rebuilding part of the house.
snow report
Given up on the idea of skiing this season so have booked a holiday in Lanzarote over the new year.
snow conditions
I'd like to say I'll buy a guitar but I'll more than likely pay off a credit card.
snow conditions
I did indeed comment on another thread that I will save a lot of money not going skiing this winter. I’m going to put it towards 2021/2022 and do more then (assuming things are in a better state by then).
Plus I’ve plenty to be getting on with here in the UK as I’m usually hardly ever home. So for me that will be quite nice for a change.
ski holidays
I suspect it'll be fairly evenly split between The Piste Office, 'sim racing' stuff and the mortgage
snow report
it covers the xbox x & ps5 I have on pre-order. Still not decided which one I want, but need to decide because I dont want both
ski holidays
Drink heavily
snow report
AVCs
latest report
Going skiing in Sweden instead of France first week of December. Bit gutted as it would have been girlfriends first time in the Alps. I guess we’ll save some money once refunds are processed.

Will maybe spend the money on a new tent and hot tent camping stove, throw it in the car and give it a try when in the Swedish mountains.
snow conditions
Put some aside for future holidays and some aside as my wages may well drop next year. Wife rapidly spending her half on stuff for the house and the elderly cat we've adopted as we have more time now due to current restrictions here and abroad.
ski holidays
I'll probably spend most of it on new ski kit that I don't need, Stroh 80 rum and fast women. Then I'll just waste the rest on something unimportant.
snow report
My skiing budget is limited to the season pass that I already bought, but my 2020 travel budget (probably 2021 too) will be going on a mountain bike for next spring and summer.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I already had a new jacket in March (worn once rolling eyes ), but I should probably pick some skis to fasten to the bindings sitting in @spyderjon's cupboard. Need to test some first though, so I'll sit on the cash for now as I have no idea if/when that will happen.

Soooo.... new bike new bike new bike new bike... need to get my order in if I want it for spring as there's a 5 month lead right now Shocked although I'm gonna start with a gravel bike first and the fully can be n+1 Toofy Grin
latest report
The "savings" will simply reduce the rate that money is haemorrhaging from my account due to the cost of running a boat. The reduction may not be noticeable Shocked
snow conditions
Spending it on an online garden design course as I'm planning to move to a smaller house with a bigger garden in the New Year
latest report
savings ? shouldn't we all be preparing for the huge rise in the cost of living from 1st Jan and potential loss of our jobs ? Blush
snow report
Stick it into savings or pay off a chunk of mortgage. Same as at the end of every month. Dull huh?
snow report
I've ordered a turbo trainer to spend more time on my bike over the winter.

Some will go into the family holiday pot for whenever we are next able to do a family holiday.

Spending more time at home means I'm more aware than ever that the house is looking scruffy and needs some TLC and a bit of money spent on it.
ski holidays
mgrolf wrote:
The "savings" will simply reduce the rate that money is haemorrhaging from my account due to the cost of running a boat. The reduction may not be noticeable Shocked

You know what they say - there are only two good days in one's life - the day you buy a boat and the day you sell it NehNeh Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Missed last season due to a bust leg, now it looks like this season will not run have started to spend money in outdoor shops. The kind of stuff you normally see on the rails and think “I’d rather like that, but I don’t really need it.” Well now I can justify it.
snow conditions
Ski lots wrote:
Missed last season due to a bust leg, now it looks like this season will not run have started to spend money in outdoor shops. The kind of stuff you normally see on the rails and think “I’d rather like that, but I don’t really need it.” Well now I can justify it.

Perhaps consider a name change? Laughing
ski holidays
Fake Swiss plates for my car so I can sneak over the border and go up to Verbier this weekend.
latest report
@halfhand, I’ll put a note in my diary to consider in March.
snow report
Paying the bills for the apartment I can't visit and that wont be rented out. As we have communal geo heating we are unlikely to save much.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy