Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France returns to lockdown

Poster: A snowHead
France Xmas 2020 ski bookings have collapsed 50-80% compared with last year.

It is a disaster.

Industry in freefall.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wish they would make their mind up when the decision is getting made

https://www.ladepeche.fr/2020/11/23/confinement-decision-dans-les-dix-prochains-jours-pour-louverture-des-stations-de-ski-a-noel-9216630.php

The Prime Minister's office indicated that a decision to reopen ski resorts in France would be taken within ten days. Jean Castex met on Monday the main professional organizations and elected officials concerned on the opening of these stations.

It won't be for now. According to information revealed by Matignon, the authorities will not take a decision on the reopening of ski resorts in France for about ten days: "Taking into account the preparation time necessary to allow a possible opening for the end of the holidays. year, a decision will be taken in the next ten days. It will be based on the evolution of the health situation which must constitute the essential criterion and while ensuring to be as coherent as possible with our neighboring countries ", indicates the Prime Minister Jean Castex's office in a press release.

The head of government received this Monday, November 23 the main professional organizations and elected officials concerned on the opening of mountain resorts for the Christmas holidays. "The meeting made it possible to examine more precisely the conditions for the implementation of the different scenarios, whether it is the definition of a specific health protocol or, in the event of closure, the terms of economic and social support. actors, companies and seasonal workers, ”specifies Matigon.

Robin serradeil
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My OH just found this....

Quelle surprise......

Yesterday France"s daily infection rate down 30 percent from day before.

Magically under 5000 just below the level Macron insisted on with just one day before tonight's announcement!

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is always a drop after the weekend, think it is due to how they compile the data.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@timlongs, yes but a "nice" coincidence for Macron ce soir?

And don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about any potential massaging of figures Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Weathercam, Or the announcement was planned for a Tuesday evening so that the government could see the figures for Monday.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Weathercam, Perhaps although anyone massaging the figures is playing a dangerous game.

Either way, 3 step deconfinement it is. Stage 2 around 18th of December and Stage 3 (bars et al) mid January.

I'd rather prolong lockdown to ensure we don't have a third wave and we can roll out the vaccine. Yes it's damaging my business here but better to nip it in the bud now, I think.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’d sooner wait a bit longer and have it so the bars and restaurants can open too
When it’s blowing a hoolie and cold out it is nice to go in and sit somewhere, have a warm drink, sitting outside in the sunshine is lovely but not so much on cold windy days
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@timlongs, I think you’re right, if they act too early then it risks February time and as Easter is early this year then it could get to a point where they don’t reopen as there’s not much left of the season
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only carried out one tenth of the number of tests UK and Spain did.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hmm. How are we doing in the European COVID league?

Third, according to that list. I note though that if you look at 14-day cumulative number of COVID-19 cases per 100 000, we are 7th (Austria has 1056.8 computer to the UK with 480.2) and if you look at 14-day cumulative number of COVID-19 deaths per 100 000, we are 11th. So the PM and 'Little Matty' seem to be doing quite well, and on the basis of previous comment by sHs, there are an awful lot of EU countries led by bozos, buffoons, imbeciles and clowns, since their countries are doing less well than us. It could be of course that all governments are doing their best with a rapidly changing situation, and each nation has its own factors which make comparison difficult. But saying that doesn't help the judgemental.

We also seem to being doing quite well on vaccine purchases - let us hope that distribution can be sorted, it will be an enormous task.

Looking at France and Austria's figures, the skiing outlook is not good until, maybe the early Spring.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@timlongs, I think you’re right, if they act too early then it risks February time and as Easter is early this year then it could get to a point where they don’t reopen as there’s not much left of the season

The dilemma is whether they bank Christmas/New Year first - knowing that closing over Christmas doesn't guarantee getting Feb. Which would mean missing out on both Christmas and Feb. It's a gamble either way!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Handy Turnip wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

The dilemma is whether they bank Christmas/New Year first - knowing that closing over Christmas doesn't guarantee getting Feb. Which would mean missing out on both Christmas and Feb. It's a gamble either way!!

Except Covid loves crowds!

So the whole idea of “banking” on Christmas/ny and half term are exactly the situation to have more Covid cases than a steady stream of visitors through out the season.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles wrote:
Hmm. How are we doing in the European COVID league?

Third, according to that list. I note though that if you look at 14-day cumulative number of COVID-19 cases per 100 000, we are 7th (Austria has 1056.8 computer to the UK with 480.2) and if you look at 14-day cumulative number of COVID-19 deaths per 100 000, we are 11th. So the PM and 'Little Matty' seem to be doing quite well, and on the basis of previous comment by sHs, there are an awful lot of EU countries led by bozos, buffoons, imbeciles and clowns, since their countries are doing less well than us. It could be of course that all governments are doing their best with a rapidly changing situation, and each nation has its own factors which make comparison difficult. But saying that doesn't help the judgemental.

We also seem to being doing quite well on vaccine purchases - let us hope that distribution can be sorted, it will be an enormous task.

Looking at France and Austria's figures, the skiing outlook is not good until, maybe the early Spring.

You're being triumphal about a table where we have the highest total deaths in Europe?

As for the rest - timing of lockdowns, patterns of population, behaviours all have a role in the current numbers. It would take truly exceptional incompetence to be worst on all current measures given the steps that have been taken. Don't confuse luck with great management though.

And incidently why are you taking your BoJo cheerleading to a thread about France?

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 24-11-20 14:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@abc, not disagreeing with that. But the crowds also tend to bring the money in!
snow conditions
Handy Turnip wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

Yes very tricky....
Also as things loosen up you find people become more complacent.
I think in pre-COVID times for example I would see more people not washing their hands after going to the toilet than were washing their hands and even in Feb/Mar this year it didn’t seem to make much difference.
So who knows.....
Ultimately it’s driven by people’s behaviour.
snow report
Handy Turnip wrote:
@abc, not disagreeing with that. But the crowds also tend to bring the money in!

Not exactly, VOLUME brings money. Crowds are volume jammed into a short time frame.

In a hypothetical world, if the crowds would spread out through out the season, the shops will still get the same money. And the virus spread won't be quite as bad. (and the lift queue won't be quite as long...)

Of course, we live in a real world where people may not have the time to go outside of Christmas... Or maybe they do?

So yes, I get your point. But this is unusual time. So we don't really know.

I'm glad I'm not the one who need to make those difficult decisions.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 24-11-20 16:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@abc, yep agreed - it's a nightmare time for everyone including those that make the decisions, who probably feel like they're damned if they do, damned if they don't.
snow report
Rule of 1 km changes to 20km for sport in December.

Lockdown replaced by couvre feu mid January
snow conditions
@davidof, mmmmm that's ski touring from home if we're allowed and if of course we ever get out there.

We'll be happy with that scenario from purely a selfish perspective, in fact would be bloody brilliant Very Happy
snow conditions
What time ?
ski holidays
Will be good if it is 20km as rumoured That is a lot of touring in range... If it snows.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 24-11-20 19:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Couvre feu is rumoured to be 22h to 6h. No night driving
ski holidays
@robs1, 1 hour....... Laughing
snow report
KenX wrote:
@robs1, 1 hour....... Laughing

Laughing
snow report
Macron talking now

Exercise 20km and three hours

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 24-11-20 20:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Dec 15th next stage travel inter region without attestation
latest report
Ski resorts decision to open mid January and not for holidays!!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski resorts probably mid January as I said last week
snow conditions
Weathercam wrote:
Ski resorts decision to open mid January and not for holidays!!!

Is that official ? Thought they were making the decision in ten days
ski holidays
Macron said they are in consultation with resorts and will see what other countries will do but realistically mid January
latest report
My French is in no way good enough to follow Macron live - does travel without attestation mean Brits can visit?
snow report
Following France24. Good translation. Yep 20th Jan was mentioned.
latest report
@snowdave, OH had France 24 on and they do instant translation!
Now it will be in the detail about traveling but I'm optimistic.

Though looks like family Xmas is fecked as not much point daughters coming out with no lifts etc

So game plan come out after Xmas to be in situ before end of the year........ Hopefully !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 24-11-20 20:23; edited 1 time in total
latest report
davidof wrote:
Leaks suggesting 15th January for opening ski resorts.

Qed
snow report
Definitely now doesn’t seem like resorts will open this year
snow conditions
Step 1 = Nov 28
Step 2 = Dec 15
Step 3 = Dec 24-31
Step 4 = Jan 20 (ski)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 24-11-20 20:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Quote:

Definitely now doesn’t seem like resorts will open this year

What makes you think that? We are considering moving our Christmas trip to Easter
latest report
Based on what Macron said. He said something along the lines that he doesn’t think skiing can open for Christmas but it’s not finalised yet. That is not a direct quote so do let me know if I am wrong!
snow report
A clear plan from a politician who believes what he says. The contrast with the UK is stark...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy