Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon x-max and s-max question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of s-max, I'm wondering how the large pivot on the ankle is loosened. I've seen pics where there are 2 small holes which obviously fit pins on a removal tool. However , my boots, and those others I have seen, those holes are not present.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not sure the pivot is adjustable..... : do you want to loosen to adjust flex ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If I recall not all of the oversized pivots on the salomon boots can be removed.

check out pages 112 and 114 of the salomon tech manual:
https://issuu.com/salomonnz/docs/salomon_tm_alp_wtr2019_300dpi

if you need to remove it here is some inspiration:

https://www.wildsnow.com/24276/extract-remove-ski-boot-cuff-rivet-pivot/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't want to adjust it or alter flex . I want to separate the upper from the clog.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
extremerob wrote:
If I recall not all of the oversized pivots on the salomon boots can be removed.

check out pages 112 and 114 of the salomon tech manual:
https://issuu.com/salomonnz/docs/salomon_tm_alp_wtr2019_300dpi

if you need to remove it here is some inspiration:

https://www.wildsnow.com/24276/extract-remove-ski-boot-cuff-rivet-pivot/

The linked manual is for the later boots. However, in the 2014-15 manual the x-max in both the 120 and 130 flex show the rivets with the holes. My boots from this MY do not have these.

I don't want to start drilling etc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just had a look at my Quests (2014) -- from the inside it looks like the pivots are riveted.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Roguevfr, only the 130 flex version and the race models have the detachable cuff, on any other models the only way to separate them is to drill out the back of the rivet and replace them with a bolted version.... there is also an adjustable version available which allows 1 degree of movement medial/lateral
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM wrote:
@Roguevfr, only the 130 flex version and the race models have the detachable cuff, on any other models the only way to separate them is to drill out the back of the rivet and replace them with a bolted version.... there is also an adjustable version available which allows 1 degree of movement medial/lateral

OK, fair enough. Referring to the salomon technical manual shows my boots 120 flex as having the removable version, obviously not the case in practice.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@CEM, speaking of salomon boots - and drifting from the thread title here - have you had any feedback on the new shift boot / was thinking how it compares to the lange ft freetour?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roguevfr wrote:
CEM wrote:

OK, fair enough. Referring to the salomon technical manual shows my boots 120 flex as having the removable version, obviously not the case in practice.

what they show in the tech manual in terms of a picture are two different things, having stocked X max and S max since the boot was launched the 120 has NEVER had the removeable cuff

@extremerob the shift has a bit more rearward motion than the New XT3 but the lange skis better IMO that siad the fit is very different in the heel/ instep/ ankle area
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy