Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term, will it be busy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I've never been at HT before but next year I might be forced to. I'll be going somewhere in Italy so its be quieter than France as a rule. But what do we all the it will be like next year with COVID, surely the numbers will be vastly reduced? Would you even be bothered about it being HT?

In normal seasons which would be quieter out of Cervinia and Selva. I'm already assuming Monte Rosa and Pila will be quiet

Thanks Gaz
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gaz_H, I beleive that half term in Italy is only a couple of days rather than a full month as in France so I imagine it will be quiet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For the first time for well over 20 years I have no trips planned. If no COVID restrictions you should be happy to go to a packed resort as things will be better. I’m not expecting it but I know I’ll be elated if I can get skiing. I skied the last day in Italy this year and the last day in Switzerland before both closed. Now waiting and watching. With the lack of social distancing I see, not much hope I fear
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In Austria it coincides with Fasching and S. Netherlands school holidays in 2021. So yes, it will be very busy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Carnivale is Feb 16 this year in Italy, I think. Usually busy around this date in Italian resorts, but only for a couple of days.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

twoodwar
super-snowHead

For the first time for well over 20 years I have no trips planned. If no COVID restrictions you should be happy to go to a packed resort as things will be better. I’m not expecting it but I know I’ll be elated if I can get skiing. I skied the last day in Italy this year and the last day in Switzerland before both closed. Now waiting and watching. With the lack of social distancing I see, not much hope I fear

Agree, by now I usually have a lads trip in Jan, a work trip in March and a family trip in Easter booked.

It took me 10 months to get my money back for two cancelled trips last year so I am not taking any chances next year, it will all be last minute.

| would love to book everything up and plenty of operators are sending emails telling me it is business as usual and I should pre book now and they will offer refunds, however would they refund if one of my kids had to self isolate the day before and the whole party cancelled? Also would insurance cover it or will they have sneaked the covid clause in?

Not many ski companies are offering much of a discount to book early so I don't see the point.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not booking anything either - plan pre-covid was to replicate last years v succesful half term trip driving to Aosta, airbnb and 7 days skiing at 5 different resorts - mainly good weather and still can't believe how great it was for so little money. First world problems I guess but not anticipating it happening Confused
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MHskier wrote:
Not booking anything either - plan pre-covid was to replicate last years v succesful half term trip driving to Aosta, airbnb and 7 days skiing at 5 different resorts - mainly good weather and still can't believe how great it was for so little money. First world problems I guess but not anticipating it happening Confused

Yep, did similar to you last year, but nothing booked here either! Too many downside risks with lockdowns, quarantines...let alone getting into a confined space with potential virus hosts.

Last minute if it looks doable, otherwise will have to go without for a year! Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Last minute if it looks doable, otherwise will have to go without for a year!

It could be that if we end up in a quarantine early in the season (read Jan-Feb), some late-season skiing might still be an option.
And by we I mean: country of origin + Schengen/ski area. (A bit like the challenge of today)

I do think I would cry like a little dog if I end up booking a last-minute, can't believe it's actually happening trip, and I end up having some god-awful weather that week like this year's Arlberg when it was either slush, or could barely see in front of me.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gaz_H wrote:
Hi. I've never been at HT before but next year I might be forced to. I'll be going somewhere in Italy so its be quieter than France as a rule. But what do we all the it will be like next year with COVID, surely the numbers will be vastly reduced? Would you even be bothered about it being HT?

In normal seasons which would be quieter out of Cervinia and Selva. I'm already assuming Monte Rosa and Pila will be quiet

Thanks Gaz

Not sure you can bank on anything for HT 2021. Even if this vaccine comes good, will it be rolled out enough by then to mitigate the effects of COVID? This November lockdown could be released for Xmas, then a third wave might be upon us again by February with lift closures, travel restrictions, quarantines and/or onerous entry requirements.

In normal seasons, Italy is generally quieter than France at HT, though it is high season everywhere. Italian resorts tend to be busiest at weekends, esp Sundays. Small resorts midweek can still be blissfully quiet though.

Cervinia has more space and less bottlenecks than Selva, which could also be affected by school hols in Bavaria that week.

MonteRosa isn't crazy busy, but does have some bottlenecks. Lots of Dutch as well as Brits there at HT 2020. Pila was very busy with Brit school parties last Feb HT, though you could avoid by going higher and to the outer reaches of the bowl. That schools business might not be so much in evidence in 2021 as most school trips have been put on the skids. You've still got the issue of getting there safely and it all being open.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not risking booking - I’ve had so much disappointment this year, and lost so much money, that I’m not putting myself through it again.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skiing. A first world problem.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy