Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A year ago today.

Poster: A snowHead
An opportunity to share what we were doing a year ago today and to look forward to when the slopes open again. Oh how I’ll never take a day skiing for granted ever again....

For me it was first day on the slopes having driven down to Grenoble the day before. Picked my daughter and friend up at Grenoble airport in the morning and after struggling up the mountain during a snow storm were on the lifts in Tignes by early afternoon. Limited lifts open so stuck to the freebies. Still an excellent day.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@brovert, don't remind me - a year ago today I was lying in an Austrian hospital with a 15cm cut in my leg caused by a fall onto the edge of my ski. https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=150033

This year I'm wearing a nice plastic boot as a result of a snapped Achilles tendon caused during rugby training. https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153839

Next year I expect to be wrapped in cotton wool throughout December in the hope that I can have Christmas without medical assistance. A mid-December skiing trip is definitely on the cards, especially if this year is a write-off.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ousekjarr, you sound like a southerner softy. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
brovert wrote:
An opportunity to share what we were doing a year ago today and to look forward to when the slopes open again. Oh how I’ll never take a day skiing for granted ever again....

Yup! In spades.

Not just skiing (but mostly the skiing!), but how many simple things make up quality of life and are taken for granted. The ability to catch up with friends, perhaps at a bar, go out for a dinner, go for a long bike ride, going to gym, drive out into the country for a hike or lunch, not be uneasy about someone sitting next to you in a tram, make plans for the future...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skimastaaah, you can only say that if you were born north of the Clyde - when you play hard, you occasionally get damaged Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A year ago today boris trounced papa smurf
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@brovert, I try not to look but occasionally something comes up on my FaceBook "this time a year" ago.

I just looked at my calendar of activities from last year, and I'd already notched up 17 ski tours Sad

And this was today last year a little bit of classic Slack Country Cool

http://youtube.com/v/cIRQL5bmtzE
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
2 years ago......
Stubai Glacier
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
First day of the skiing season at Dachstein West for me....a week later than normal, owing to insufficient snow. Was a cracking few hours, though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This time lasted year was my first day skiing in alpe d'huez. Managed to get half term week in with the family before the world closed it's doors. Hardly left the house since march, other than the ocassional shopping trip or screwfix.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ansta1 wrote:
This time lasted year was my first day skiing in alpe d'huez. Managed to get half term week in with the family before the world closed it's doors. Hardly left the house since march, other than the ocassional shopping trip or screwfix.

Blimey...they closed the broth....er, ‘nightclubs’ here... Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In the middle of 3 days' worth of skiing at Yad Moss in the English North Pennines.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ousekjarr wrote:
@skimastaaah, you can only say that if you were born north of the Clyde - when you play hard, you occasionally get damaged Embarassed

Sassenach
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was on the wind down for Family Christmas on the slopes in Sauze D'Oulx, at the time it felt indulgent as we were back in Folgarida in early January. Looking back, lucky to get my 2 weeks in last year!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Year ago? Wishing away the days before my wife retired 28 Feb and we went skiing for the month of March. We managed 2 weeks, double any previous duration, so not a total blowout.
snow conditions
A year ago today we were enjoying a family week in Corvara, with my son in morning lessons, meeting up for a leisurely lunch then skiing together in the afternoon. We were contemplating attempting the Sella Ronda on our last day when his lessons were over, but unsure he’d be able to manage it (we didn’t try it in the end). We should have been back there this week but it wasn’t to be.
latest report
A year ago today... first lift up, fresh tracks for a couple of hours before driving to Lyon where we left the car and flew back to the UK for Christmas for the week. Cracking week.
ski holidays
A year ago - drove out to Chatel for a decidedly average (actually not even that good) week. Came back with a raging cold, nasty persistent cough and didn’t really get back to 100% for over a month. Mrs DJL the same.

Makes you wonder.........
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy