Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy situation

Poster: A snowHead
Wot, @admin, typed.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@admin, that's good news for me as i have the bug at present.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ouch! Hope you're doing OK? Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin wrote:
Ouch! Hope you're doing OK? Confused
+1 x
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Grandma Sunshine, hope you are ok. Confused
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
got a few symptoms but could be a lot worse, unlike trump it doesn't feel like a gift from god. Might be worth it for a bit of immunity providing I recover well. Hope everyone else is well.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Grandma Sunshine, get well soon. All well with us so far.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hells Bells wrote:
@Grandma Sunshine, get well soon. All well with us so far.
+1 again. (I think I had it in March - still a bit breathless and tired + my sense of taste is not fully recovered, but all liveable-with.)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tasteless @Hurtle - What a concept! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hurtle, I should be free to mingle with other humans on the 13th. The boredom and not being able to go running is the worst of it for me. Thankfully it is easy to stay connected with modern tech.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Grandma Sunshine, I don't supposed God will send you the cocktail of drugs that Trump got either. Very Happy Very Happy

Hope you well soon.

@Hurtle, Hope you well enough to get to a bash, if they go ahead.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@brianatab, well, I've got flights for the pre-BB...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Get well soon @Grandma Sunshine, Don't rush back to cardio until you're well clear of any symptoms.

@Hurtle, there's plenty of folks who'd accuse me of being tasteless but that's one thing covid didn't effect back in March wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@adithorp, but it's so tempting, I hate doing bug all. I do take your point though it's the same advice that I would give.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
But hey, on the upside, it might give us lowly humans a fighting chance to keep up with The Grandmanator this Winter NehNeh
snow conditions
@Grandma Sunshine, wishing you better Smile
Likewise @Hurtle

As @admin said, the presence of antibodies are by no means indicative of long term immunity, providing at best, an ancillary role in viral immunity. CD8 T-cells are traditionally regarded as the white cells which actually target virally infected cells. An expanded and active population capable of clearing viral challenge is eventually replaced with a far smaller memory pool, which upon repeated challenge can rapid expand and mount a more robust response than the initial one. This is literally the concept upon which vaccination is based, as the memory population is long-lived and can persist for many years in some instances. A memory cell on encountering the same antigen, can rapidly generate an expanded and active population to respond. Whilst the hope is that any repeat encounter with the virus is cleared before one becomes unwell, if this is not the case any infection is often more rapidly cleared and therefore less severe.
Great news for those of you who have fought the ‘rona Smile
snow conditions
@Tazz2bme, thank you and for your clear and cheering explanation.
ski holidays
@admin, I thought I was the skimanator Confused Laughing @Tazz2bme, thanks for that maybe I will be superhuman if I recover Laughing
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
@Tazz2bme, thank you and for your clear and cheering explanation.

+1

There's some really interesting info in this thread about vaccine production and how they work, that would I'm sure he interesting to a larger audience. There's a thread here that would be a great place for some of it: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=152527&highlight=
I could just cut and paste the info to there, but I never like when people quote me out of context, so I'll cross my fingers that the very knowledgeable @Tazz2bme and @richb67 might come and share their knowledge there.
snow conditions
@Grandma Sunshine, if you’re not, there is eff all hope for the rest of us snowHead
ski holidays
@Hurtle, If any, then I think the pre BB has the best chance of going ahead, as cases should be relatively low in the first few weeks after lockdowns are lifted. Hopefully, travel will be allowed.
snow conditions
@Tazz2bme, very kind of you to say that and you gave a much needed laugh. Remind me to buy you a beer next time I see you. wink
latest report
Tazz2bme wrote:
@Grandma Sunshine, if you’re not, there is eff all hope for the rest of us snowHead

He must be near 'clinically vulnerable' by now Smile

We luv ya baby. Get well soon
snow conditions
Grandma Sunshine wrote:
@admin, ....maybe I will be superhuman if I recover Laughing

Unfortunately you might have to settle for thst. Many people don't recover back to their previous levels so getting back to SuperGran might be optomistic Toofy Grin
snow conditions
the pfizer and moderna vaccines are of a new type - mRNA. While they need to be stored at -70 degrees C, they are actuallybsuper fast and easy to produce unlike traditional vaccines, as you just produce a molecule instead of growing a virus in a culture. So if those two vaccines work the companies would be able to make billions of them next year
ski holidays
@adithorp, I've been doing some reading on long covid which sounds horrendous and frightening. I've tried some light exercise at home and so far it hasn't effected me negatively so get your hopes up too high. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
@Val Desire, thanks mate
ski holidays
@Grandma Sunshine, did you pick it up on your last work trip?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@brianatab, No, I'm pretty sure it was at the rugby club on Friday. I've passed all the details onto track and trace.
latest report
@Grandma Sunshine, just spotted this. Sorry to hear you are a fellow Covid-patient. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
snow report
@queenie pretty please, Thank you, I hope you make a full recovery soon.
snow conditions
@Grandma Sunshine, get well soon
snow report
@Grandma Sunshine, It’s your age getting to you Toofy Grin Get well soon mate. Very Happy
ski holidays
geepee wrote:
@Grandma Sunshine, It’s your aged friend getting at you Toofy Grin Get well soon mate. Very Happy
FIFY Grandma Cool (he needs all the help he can get Wink )
latest report
@admin, oh you got that right Laughing
snow conditions
@admin, @Grandma Sunshine, Laughing
latest report
To give an idea of how hard tourism has been hit this video is from the promenade at Stresa on Lac Major in Northern Italy. Taken in July 2020 at around 8pm it would normally be buzzing with people. As you can see the Grand Hotel Iles Borremees has been shuttered (as were all the big hotels) until March 2021 and the cafes you see are shuttered.

http://youtube.com/v/OdQ3Jko8qnA
ski holidays
My local ski resort in tuscany has been hit really hard as well. They struggle a lot of the time on good years, much less with covid-19. There's a real chance it could die if misses out on this season.
snow report
The situation in Italy currently is not looking good: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54937699

The highest risk red zones at the moment are Lombardy, Bolzano, Piedmont and Aosta Valley in the north, and Calabria in the south. Campania and Tuscany will join other regions placed under the strictest lockdown measures from Sunday. Authorities in Campania, which includes Naples, have warned that the health system there is close to collapse. "The situation in Campania is out of control," Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio told La Stampa newspaper on Friday. "We need urgent restrictions... people are dying."

Italian media has broadcast shocking scenes from hospitals in Naples. Staff at one hospital have brought oxygen tanks and other equipment outside to treat people parked in their cars because the emergency department was swamped with cases. Sad

On a more parochial ski related note I see that the Bolzano provincial area is in the red zone, which presumably includes some of the Sella Ronda area.
ski holidays
Dated Oct 20 from the Trentino web page (Campitello Canazei Selva etc)
Who can come to Trentino and how

Anyone arriving to Italy and Trentino from Belgium, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic and Spain is required to fill in the following self-declaration form and to undergo a molecular or antigen (swab) test on arrival at the airport, port or border crossing point or must do so at the provincial health services office within the first 48 hours of their arrival. Alternatively, when returning to Italy, individuals must present certification to a person with the authority to perform the necessary checks that they have already been tested and that the result was negative 72 hours prior to entering Italy.
For anyone arriving to Italy and Trentino from any other EU or Schengen Area country, Andorra and the Principality of Monaco, they only have to fill in a self-declaration form.
for anyone arriving to Italy and Trentino from Australia, Canada, Georgia, Romania, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, the Republic of Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, and Uruguay must fill in a self-declaration form, go into voluntary quarantine and have their health monitored. Once in Italy, it will be possible to reach your final destination only by private vehicle.
At this time no tourists can travel to Italy and Trentino from any other part of the world: travel is allowed only for specific work, health or study reasons or in cases of absolute urgency.

For any questions on this subject, a toll-free number, 800 390 270, has been set up in Trentino from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., non-stop and on Saturday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

https://www.visittrentino.info/en/articles/practical-info/coronavirus-info#collapse24776122

My prefered destination.... who know how it will be in January Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy