Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BCA Tracker 2 on/off switch - how tight is yours?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On my ski trip last week I noticed that the on/off switch on my Tracker 2 seemed to be quite firm/hard to turn on and off. I cant recall it ever being that hard before, but then I don't recall ever paying that much attention to it (so I'm assuming it was easier)

For those that have Tracker 2's how hard are your's to turn on - an easy twist or does it require a bit of a proper twist - if that makes sense!

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They are pretty firm, a good thing in my eyes unless you have arthritis........
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mine's easy enough to turn, but not so easy that you could knock it accidentally. I wouldn’t have said it was stiff though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@BMG, that happened with mine, it got to a stage where I had to use pliers to turn it off at the end of the day. A tiny squirt of wd40 and it was back to normal again.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Our two are both pretty stiff. No way you're turning them off or on by accident as they need some fairly serious torque.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like its fairly normal for the switch to be tight. Interestingly, I emailed BCA about it and they said that the switches are replaceable and offered to send me a new one - although I did email the Head Office in the US so doubt they will send it to me in the UK.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The nice folk at the UK Distributors sent me out a new switch that arrived today. Took two seconds to replace and it feels a million times better. The old switch, now that its off the unit feels ok, so maybe it just got sticky in the grove that the switch runs in. Anyway....its good as new now!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fwiw, i had to get a T2 replaced a few years ago as the switch broke... iirc it was quite stiff beforehand. my other T2, nearly 8 years old now, is fine.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My bro had the switch fall off his T 1 forst time he used it. To be fair he had used it to smash a couple of his ribs at the same time....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would like to suggest a new product that I invented: Ski Finder and Avalanche Rescue, because I am afraid of avalanches, and once, I lost a ski while skiing off-piste.
I developed this product out of a need and based on my personal skiing experience.

The Ski Finder and Avalanche Rescue device can be better than a transceiver (no stacked buttons, no malfunctional electronics).
The transceiver will give you a zero point, but this might be up to 1 m (3 ft) or more from the buried person, and when you have to move 1 ton of snow to rescue the person, That Means Alive Or Not.

The product is more a service to the powder addicts community that we all are a part of it, and its price hardly covers the manufacturing costs (less than half the price of a daily ski-pass: US$ 35 including shipping).

This product will increase the chances of Surviving an Avalanche, or Finding a Lost Ski in Deep Powder.

The concept of this product incorporates 2 small pouches attached to the skiers’ legs. When the ski detaches from the Skier's boot, it will pull out a red strap highly visible.
1) In the Avalanche Rescue mode, it deploys two highly visible Red Straps 5 m' (16.4 ft) long, one strap attached to each leg, noticeable by the rescue team, that will know that at the other end of the strap, there is a buried person.
2) In the Ski Finder mode if a ski detaches from the boot while powder skiing, a highly visible Red Strap 5 m' (16.4 ft) long, trailing behind the ski, will make it easy for ski retrieval.

If you need additional information, please visit my website: https://www.ski-finder-avalanche-rescue.com
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy