Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does this glove exist?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
- Lightweight softshell (good wind resistance but breathable and not sweaty)
- Thin and dexterous
- Full leather palm and underside of fingers
- Touchscreen compatible
- Low-profile cuff (goes under a jacket sleeve vs. outside it)
- Understated styling (not a bright yellow work glove or with huge stripes or logos)

I did have a pair of Mountain Hardwear Torsion gloves from 5+ years ago that were my favourite pair and great for everything from ski touring to shovelling snow to carrying heavy bags back from the supermarket, but I've lost one and I can't find anything similar to replace them.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got these, which are excellent. They are not really touch screen friendly but they tick the other boxes. The material is thinner than normal ski gloves and is starting to wear through the thumbs after around 5 weeks of picking skis up and carrying them. I will buy a patch for this bit.

Only £12 at the moment, which means I will buy another pair for spares!

https://www.terra-nova.co.uk/sale/glove-mitt-sale/guide-glove/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Those look great for 12 quid, but out of stock in size large on that site unfortunately.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@hold_my_biere, have you looked at Black Diamond? The mid weight soft shell gloves match your spec quite well. I’ve not tried the current version but am very happy with the precursor from 3 years ago.

https://eu.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_GB/midweight-softshell-BD801041_cfg.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have tried that on, but I think it would be too hot for me. If they made one with the back of their lightweight softshell but with the palm of their midweight softshell that would be perfect.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sound a bit like my Sealskins gloves. They are marketed for cycling but I use for skiing in warm conditions....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Marmot XT and Mountain Equipment Super Alpine would seem to fit that bill? Not sure how you square full leather palm/fingers with touchscreen compatible though?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://alexski.com/collections/mens-ski-gloves/products/mens-ski-gloves

They are hand made of Italian kid leather, so should be soft and dexterous, very understated, and the possum fur is a naturally breathable.

Not sure if they work well with touch screen, but just use Siri and shout at your phone if you need to call somebody while skiing along, and you don't know how to stop to take a call.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought this was going to be a thread about a glove of the purest white, perhaps only tainted with a streak of blue from your woad brush.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You mean like this

https://cpc.farnell.com/dewalt-workwear/dpg33l/gloves-gel-palm-large/dp/HE30880?mckv=sQFZQDF89_dc|pcrid|224654121972|kword||match||plid||slid||product|HE30880|pgrid|55500684388|ptaid|pla-886069271506|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuL_8BRCXARIsAGiC51BXOM-Gv0cKETmvEaSgM9ztZyrh-oOUTdP9oqn3Dvegjbc2-cfxFn8aAndwEALw_wcB

I'm sure you can get work gloves without the large name on the cuff if you shop around a bit
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
musher wrote:
I thought this was going to be a thread about a glove of the purest white, perhaps only tainted with a streak of blue from your woad brush.

And of course there would only be a need for a single glove, probably for the right hand - none of that left stuff

Yes I thought that too
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What about these
https://rab.equipment/uk/vr-glove

I've got the older model which are not touchscreen compatible but the newer ones say they are.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@hold_my_biere, check out cycling gloves. Autumn/spring gloves should fit the bill.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For skiing I use Petzl Cordex abseiling gloves. I believe they tick all of your boxes.

They're super lightweight, with a leather palm and fingers (leather goes over the finger tips and covers the nails) with a very thin and breathable back of the hand. I get sweaty paedo hands and seldom cold.

The cuff is small and fits inside a jacket, with a large and easy to use with gloved hand, velcro closure. They're touch screen compatible although a little stiff when new, you'll need to wear them in a bit before it's easy to use a phone.

As for styling, you can get them either in tan leather or in black.

They're super robust since they're designed for rope access / abseiling. And theres a hole in the wrist for either attaching to a carabiner, or running some paracord through to attach to your jacket.

I've been wearing mine skiing for 5 years, probably done circa 20 weeks in them and theyre doing fine. A week in late march or April can leave them pretty stinky but they hand wash in the sink just fine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy