Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your holidays are

Poster: A snowHead
Going to get a little cheaper.
Finally Macron seems to have realised he was taking the wee wee. Expect about a 15% rise in the pound by Christmas....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@cameronphillips2000, any link to that?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just google brexit deal latest.
And buy the.pound against the dollar on any high leverage trading app
They will have agrreed this a while back. Just had to do the last mi mnute posturing smstuff so didbt lose face.
Franxe will buy british fishing rights. Birth east france happy, Macron happy, Boris happy.
Pound soars.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This was all factored in long ago by the markets. The latest thing is just the usual posturing and headline fodder for the press. Currency rates are around where they'll stay, deal, no-deal, no-deal-by-another-name, a-deal-but-it's-rubbish etc. etc. No 'soaring' involved. I don't see that holidays will get cheaper.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Perhaps the French could subsidise Beer and Ski Passes, that'd make my holiday cheaper Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@cameronphillips2000, ‘weewee’, ‘soars’....Oh dear.
Luckily we are not so emotional on this side of the Channel
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@cameronphillips2000, don't know what your source is, top google hits are all about industry screaming to say Brexit will be disastrous.

But as I commented somewhere else, Johnson's failure to suppress a laugh when a journalist at the last Covid briefing asked about Brexit does suggest a high degree of posturing. On fishing, it is in both Johnson's and Macron's interests to go through the motions of acting tough in order to justify the compromise which is there for the taking. On state aid, it isn't clear why that should be necessary since the EU has said the UK has already pretty much met requirements in their Japan trade deal. Level playing field is perhaps a tricky one in that it is clearly in the UK's interest but wouldn't satisfy the "destroy Britain" wing of the Conservative Party; there is a solution on the table to the unnecessary issue about the ECJ.

Johnson just has to understand that negotiation means actually engaging in finding a solution, not posturing and hoping a stronger opponent will concede.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Googled Brexit Deal Latest, nothing new out there. Any links?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gilberts Fridge wrote:
Googled Brexit Deal Latest, nothing new out there. Any links?

Likewise.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
GBPEUR up 45bp at 1.1074, so the billions of pounds traded already today in the currency markets aren't showing much Brexit euphoria!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@cameronphillips2000,

I have a budget.
holiday costs more = less spending money.
holiday costs less = more spending money.
I still spend the same. My budget!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Just google brexit deal latest..

" top google hits are all about industry screaming to say Brexit will be disastrous. "

Watch the Social Dilemma, your google results will be directly linked to what you personally have previously been looking for.

Might explain the above discrepancy.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And it very likely might be fake news promoted by Russian trolls...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Orange200 wrote:
Watch the Social Dilemma, your google results will be directly linked to what you personally have previously been looking for.

Might explain the above discrepancy.

Indeed. If you want to avoid this, use https://duckduckgo.com/ instead of searching with Google.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I did tell you... Pound rising today, expect 1.45 to 1.50 to the dollar in the near future....

As for the comment about Macron taking the wee wee, that was not emotional - It was how it was viewed across Europe, particularly by the Germans and Italians who were all over him at the weekend for putting his own vote winning in front the greater good of his country and Europe. Such was the outrage in Italy that people were suggesting Italy leave the EU and form a trade partnership with the UK if France were going to use their Vote vote in their own self-interests. I can see that Europe won't want UK firms to have an unfair advantage if the state intervenes and makes things not a level playing field but allowing free access to another country's resources is taking the wee wee. The rest of Europe was quite happy with this and it seems only Macron was demanding something that was well beyond any trade agreement between other countries.
Interestingly, I often meet diplomats working in Europe and they say that all the blow and bluster is just political stuff for votes back home, and the deals are usually agreed well beforehand but the politicians can't be shown to have folded to early.
My guess is that the French will pay for fish tariffs in UK waters and Boris will have to back down on government intervention to give Uk firms unfair advantages in the European market and a deal will go through...
Expect cheaper ski holidays as the pound goes back to pre 2016 levels - as it did a couple of years ago, before Boris, Rees Mogg and co lynched Theresa May...
snow report
@cameronphillips2000, the thing is a free trade deal doesn't solve many problems. The UK will still be outside of the single market and the customs union. Meaning a customs border between Great Britain and Northern Ireland, or between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, plus customs borders for all UK ports of entry. If you have ever seen the border between Sweden and Norway, then you will understand what this means. I think any change in the value of the pound is likely to reflect that business between the UK and just about anywhere will be much harder than it is now.
ski holidays
I've traded in Switzerland and driven in with a lorry load of stuff. I know exactly what you mean.
There will be issues, but nothing like a no-trade deal which, coupled with Covid, would have had a devasting effect to both the UK and the EU.
snow report
@cameronphillips2000, agreed.
ski holidays
@cameronphillips2000, I don't see any dramatic shift in the £/Euro rate which is what matters.

Clearly Macron has to create the appearance of supporting French fishermen, just as Johnson has to appear to support British fishermen. That is meaningless noise nothing to do with serious negotiations, except in that each needs a minor victory to proclaim. The issue is serious negotiation (i.e. quid pro quo) which Johnson keeps avoiding. I suspect that strategy will end up giving him less room to manoevre on the things that really matter, but give him his small victory over fish. The key is trade - which if not agreed will lead to catastrophic problems for lots of British business including the fishing industry - and it seems to me that Johnson has painted himself into a corner where he has to accept a deal in exchange for some meaningless concession over fishing.
latest report
j b wrote:
@cameronphillips2000, I don't see any dramatic shift in the £/Euro rate which is what matters.

Clearly Macron has to create the appearance of supporting French fishermen, just as Johnson has to appear to support British fishermen. That is meaningless noise nothing to do with serious negotiations, except in that each needs a minor victory to proclaim. The issue is serious negotiation (i.e. quid pro quo) which Johnson keeps avoiding. I suspect that strategy will end up giving him less room to manoevre on the things that really matter, but give him his small victory over fish. The key is trade - which if not agreed will lead to catastrophic problems for lots of British business including the fishing industry - and it seems to me that Johnson has painted himself into a corner where he has to accept a deal in exchange for some meaningless concession over fishing.

I always thought Boris was making a big hoo-hah over the fish, so he could later compromise on that and gain real concessions on the trade deal (watered down level playing field regulation, no ECJ jurisdiction) which is definitely the most important issue in economic terms and where the EU was looking to tie up the UK indefinitely. They are desperate to make sure Brexit isn't seen as a success, as Euro-sceptic populist movements in other countries are stirring to leave.

We don't even have the boats or processing capacity to exploit the fishery fully ourselves, so a compromise deal to allow a gradual tapering of EU fishing rights makes sense short term anyway.
snow report
@cameronphillips2000, I'll bookmark this thread, and in the unlikely you are proved right I'll offer you my humble apology. Obviously I expect the reverse if your prediction doesn't come to pass.
ski holidays
eblunt wrote:
@cameronphillips2000, I'll bookmark this thread, and in the unlikely you are proved right I'll offer you my humble apology. Obviously I expect the reverse if your prediction doesn't come to pass.

I'll just grab myself a bag of popcorn!! Laughing
ski holidays
Just checked out of curiosity. £ was up against the Euro today, but only back to where it was on Monday morning, and coincidentally the same as this time last week.

A few traders may have made a bit, but no real change. Nothing to bother buying a stamp to write home about
snow report
It’s interesting that brexit supporting skiers can barely acknowledge the existence of skiing in europe priced in euros..........
snow report
Give it time. I still reckon it's about to get interesting....
latest report

As I’m about to change a reasonable quantity of quids into euro I do hope you’re right...
latest report
As for the comment about Macron taking the wee wee, that was not emotional - It was how it was viewed across Europe, particularly by the Germans and Italians who were all over him at the weekend for putting his own vote winning in front the greater good of his country and Europe. Such was the outrage in Italy that people were suggesting Italy leave the EU and form a trade partnership with the UK if France were going to use their Vote vote in their own self-interests..

Sheer nonsense, and a typical case of British overestimation. Hilarious actually, if not sad in Corona-2020
‘the people’ on the continent are fed up with the Britons and their Brexit, and really are not interested about Macron’s words about Brexit.
“Please leave already, so we can move ahead without you fools.” Sorry, but that’s the real mood in European streets, high and low.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 23-10-20 22:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
andy from embsay wrote:

As I’m about to change a reasonable quantity of quids into euro I do hope you’re right...

As I’m about to change a reasonable quantity of euro into quids I do hope you’re wrong...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DJL wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:

As I’m about to change a reasonable quantity of euro into quids I do hope you’re wrong...

I wonder if there’s an arbitrage here somewhere! Very Happy
snow conditions
andy from embsay wrote:
DJL wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:

I wonder if there’s an arbitrage here somewhere! Very Happy

Peer to peer exchange maybe!
ski holidays
DJL wrote:
Peer to peer exchange maybe!

Absolutely! Both parties should be able to agree an exchange rate that is better for each of them than they can get through commercial currency exchange outlets. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy