Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EU skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@LaForet, the original question was "Who in their right minds would ski in the EU next season?"

A bit of a dig both at the current Covid restrictions, BoJo happily ending with a "no deal Brexit", a comment on the intransigence of Barnier and his "negotiating" team, the madness of hard-line Snowheads to navigate the obstacles inevitably attached to "ski holiday", and the different countries imposing their own restrictions ( https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/timeline-of-eu-member-states-reopening-their-borders/ ).

Being "not in my right mind" I've already booked a ski break over Christmas in the Dolomites, got my usual Easter flights into Innsbruck hoping to ski the Arlberg, and looking to bag another jolly end of February/beginning of March. I'm just wondering given the number of potential issues am I actually right in my head to expect to get away on 3 ski holidays to the EU in 20/21 season.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
EU directive 45634/567 - Carver ski, parabolic curve formula - If a curve is to be marketed as 'Carver' then it must have a radius of less than a standard Tesco banana (As defined by Johson and Cummings - in the pub 2016) unless sold in the Savoie where grandfathers rights apply. Furthermore, any 'Cava' skis must be made in the correct region of Spain and be similar in quality to 'Prosecco' skis but 20% less in price.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimastaaah wrote:
@LaForet, the original question was "Who in their right minds would ski in the EU next season?"

You left out your

skimastaaah wrote:
80llox to european over-priced resorts, let them expect a significant reduction in UK skiers."

Perhaps the original irony was lost on me. In answer to your last question, I'd say no. At this point it's all speculative, so if you can afford to lose the initial cost, or defer any bookings, why not? Once you stand back from the details, the question is really 'Is it any more dangerous to be in The Alps than at home working?' I suspect that for the 'average' family with kids at school, some degree of visiting an office, some travel on public transport and some supermarket visits, then the answer will be "No.". After that, it depends on (a) the mutual Quarantine regimes and (b) the extent of Travel Insurance and Healthcare cover.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@LaForet, I forgot to factor in the French Fishermen attempting to fish or blockade UK waters and the Royal Navy sinking a few of them, leading to the EU seeking UN sanctions to bar all UK citizens from entering the Schengen zone.

And currently residing in a "Tier 2" area, (with just 30 cases in my town of 60 000 population), and having spent the past 14 days self isolating at home having returned from a country with less than 15 cases per 100 000 but on BoJo's naughty list, the country I feel least safe in is the UK. Plus having already had Covid-19 earlier in the year I grimace at the ineffectual response by the UK government to put in place any joined-up strategies that actually work. Given the second wave in Europe BoJo and his comedians are not alone.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/ .... interesting data.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skimastaaah,........... Kernow would be bottom of that list.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BoardieK wrote:
@skimastaaah,........... Kernow would be bottom of that list.

Toofy Grin

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 19-10-20 6:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If I can't fly there.. And the resorts are open.. Then we will drive there and stay longer...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy