Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EU skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Who in their right minds would ski in the EU next season? Restrictive Covid-19 Travel - regs, M. Barnier taking the P*ss after 4 years negotiations F-Up! 80llox to european over-priced resorts, let them expect a significant reduction in UK skiers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah! What have the Europeans ever done for us?! Eh?!

Well, there's the integrated lift systems.

Oh yeah, well there is that.

And the mountain restaurants with tasty food and beer!

Well ok, apart from the integrated lift systems and mountain restaurants?

There's the friendly welcome and lively apres. And the sunshine. The vin chaud, Weiss beer, bombardinos and prosecco. Piste bashers..............

Well I ain't going in Barnier's bar. SPLITTER!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can’t tell if this is serious or a fantastic troll?

If the former then kinda ironic as you won’t even need that lovely new blue passport all the brexiteers went on about?

If the latter. Then well played.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 16-10-20 23:10; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fridge03 wrote:

If the former then kinda ironic as you won’t even need that lovely new blue passport all the brexiteers went on about?

If the later. Then we’ll played.

Based on his other posts most likely serious.

But you really have to be a special kind of idiot to restrict you choice of ski location due the latest posturing in trade negotiations.

Edit: So OP was trolling and I fell for it. Very Happy

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 17-10-20 21:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Klamm Franzer, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought all one needed in the EU was a pack of cards?

edit - and of course an oven Toofy Grin

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 17-10-20 16:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Self-cater. Take some oven ready meals with you...... jobs a good 'un wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was all "oven ready", so no problem skiing in the EU this year!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TCSC47 wrote:
OK, so sarcasm. But I am saddened. My continental friends think we are all a bunch of xenophobes. God knows what the insurance costs will be except higher, and what about all the red tape and paper work. Then how do we get past the lorry queues in Dover?

And as it stands at the time of writing, Boris Cummings will get what he has wanted all along, a "No Deal" exit. And he is shaping up well for laying the blame on Europe for the "No Deal". Contemptable.

And I know this is a very solipsistic skiing view and there are a lot of other areas of our society far worse off, but there you go, it is a skiing forum.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 17-10-20 9:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@TCSC47, It takes me longer to drive to Dover than fly to (insert European ski airport) so no queues for me!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Coach over night to gain two days skiing. Oh hang on a mo ----
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@TCSC47, A friend who normally uses snow express coaches tells me that they've cancelled all services (to Tignes) until March.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fridge03 wrote:

If the latter. Then well played.

Thanks Fridge!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GeorgeVII wrote:
@TCSC47, A friend who normally uses snow express coaches tells me that they've cancelled all services (to Tignes) until March.
Bummer! Have avoided thinking too much about it to avoid getting too depressed, but I think it is about time to start planning.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Restrictive travel is everywhere, not just EU, UK will be on every country's quarantine list shortly the rate it's spreading here.

wrt costs Italy especially is very affordable, Austria isn't bad, France and Switzerland more pricey.

What have Italian or Austrian ski resorts got to do with a political body from Brussels anyway, their people haven't had horribly needless divisive referendums on EU membership, more sense than us. Also the £ would be worth about 20% more if we hadn't opted to leave. It's tanked since 2016. That's one reason why skiing abroad is more expensive.

But yeah blame everyone else but chuckle brothers Boris Cummings. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Quote:
My continental friends think we are all a bunch of xenophobes
The vote to leave shows they may well have a point rolling eyes
ski holidays
TCSC47 wrote:

I think by now someone should start up a hashtag "HeadInTheGasOvenReady".

All slogans and no ability.
latest report
Klammertime wrote:
Restrictive travel is everywhere, not just EU, UK will be on every country's quarantine list shortly the rate it's spreading here.

17.4 million highly intelligent Brexit voters fell for the "Gaffe Man", Gove, and Cummings. It's just taken 4 and a half years of posturing a "Hard Brexit" to find they have no plan other than no deal. The British electorate fell for the emperor's new clothes, and this is well and truly a British decision to leave. No wonder the EU don't really care WTF Boris wants to do! Come February there will be the Royal Navy engaging French and Spanish trawlers off our North Sea coastline. Then the joke's on 17.4 million Brits!
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:
Klammertime wrote:

17.4 million highly intelligent Brexit voters fell for the "Gaffe Man", Gove, and Cummings. It's just taken 4 and a half years of posturing a "Hard Brexit" to find they have no plan other than no deal. The British electorate fell for the emperor's new clothes, and this is well and truly a British decision to leave. No wonder the EU don't really care WTF Boris wants to do! Come February there will be the Royal Navy engaging French and Spanish trawlers off our North Sea coastline. Then the joke's on 17.4 million Brits!

You might want to explore ukip party and what they stood for and how many votes they had in previous general elections and eu mep elections.

Absoultely nothing to do with gove, cummings and boris. You may also want to look at the history in the uk accepting to join the eu.
Tories would have brought down their own government if they tried to block it and there was a majority for doing so. That wa pointless as both major parties had pro eu leaders in charge at the time.
Its was the 1st time the electorate had the opportunity to vote on being a member of the eu. Something that had already been denied to us, because labour blair and brown knew the uk population would have voted to leave if ever given the opportunity.
I decided a long time ago that i would vote leave if ever given the opportunity. Expansion to eastern europe was the nail in the coffin for the eu as far as i am concerned.
snow report
Quote:
Come February there will be the Royal Navy engaging French and Spanish trawlers off our North Sea coastline. Then the joke's on 17.4 million Brits!
Indeed. Not to mention that local authorities are actively planning for food, water, power and drugs shortages - oh and the 10 mile lorry queues around The Channel... Confused

Be careful what you wish - I mean vote - for and all that...

Still, at least we can be content that we have taken back control from Johnny Foreigner... rolling eyes
ski holidays
Ok, I’ll bite. I don’t usually bother. Moronic OP. Who in their right mind would choose stay in the UK by that logic. No trade deals. I don’t mean that metaphorically, or exaggeratively..literally no trade deals. One of the worlds worst responses to an epidemic that others have handled wonderfully well. Frankly, and I say this as someone has lived in this country for his whole life, but is of ‘mixed genetic heritage’, this country is welcome to the 1950s black and white (well, actually just white seems to be the plan) future it so craves. Sad little island that it is becoming. I’ll be moving to France in the near future to scoff and ‘boff’ from the other side of the water.

Why the hell anyone would come on a ski forum to make the comment “who would ski in the EU’ is beyond me. Kindly remove head from rectum and evolve.
snow report
thepowmeister wrote:
..........Moronic OP....

Why the hell anyone would come on a ski forum to make the comment “who would ski in the EU’ is beyond me...

Obviously you miss the point. With some of the greatest skiing in the world Europe will be out of reach to most UK skiers because of the compound issues of Covid and Brexit. Your good self and 17,399,999 other Brexit voters way too moronic in your own right, suckered into believing the UK would control borders, put £350 million a week into the NHS, FFS. Laughable.
latest report
Ok now I’m confused. Are you pro, or anti Brexit?for clarity, I’m a dirty old honourable and well respected fellow snowHead. Your original post read like a redux of Mein Kampf.
snow report
thepowmeister wrote:
Ok, I’ll bite.. One of the worlds worst responses to an epidemic that others have handled wonderfully well. I’ll be moving to France in the near future to scoff and ‘boff’ from the other side of the water.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Have you even looked how france are coping with the epidemic? I wont say handling.
snow report
It seems re moan er has been identified as a swear word. I voted remain. Please don’t edit that snow heads. It’s fairly riddiculous to edit political choices.
snow conditions
thepowmeister wrote:
....I’m a dirty old honourable and well respected fellow snowHead.

with 28 posts ................. 80llox!
snow conditions
skimastaaah wrote:
thepowmeister wrote:
..........Moronic OP....

Why the hell anyone would come on a ski forum to make the comment “who would ski in the EU’ is beyond me...

Obviously you miss the point. With some of the greatest skiing in the world Europe will be out of reach to most UK skiers because of the compound issues of Covid and Brexit. Your good self and 17,399,999 other Brexit voters way too moronic in your own right, suckered into believing the UK would control borders, put £350 million a week into the NHS, FFS. Laughable.

The only thing stopping me going away for winter snowsports this upcoming season is covid.
Certainly not brexit. It pays zero part in my ability being able to go away.
ski holidays
Yeah, I’ve been watching France with dismay. France is not the EU.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimastaaah wrote:
thepowmeister wrote:
....I’m a dirty old honourable and well respected fellow snowHead.

with 28 posts ................. 80llox!

Imagine keeping one’s trap shut long enough to mainly listen to others.
ski holidays
skimastaaah wrote:
Who in their right minds would ski in the EU next season?

Isn't all a matter of risk and probabilities? If you lived in an area with a high infection rate, then odds are that getting in a car with your partner/family and driving to the Alps is safer than any excursion to the local shops and the transmissions from your school-age kids. If once you're there, you're self-catering with food brought from home and don't use gondolas much, and are in the open air 5 hours/day, then this may also be safer than 'normal' conditions at home.

Of course, the big issue is quarantining, and yes, I'd not book now unless I could afford to lose the money I've put down. But that's an easier calculation to make. In our case, I've booked the Eurotunnel crossings out/back but these can be shifted 12 months and anyway, worst case, I can afford to lose them.

And you know that 40% of our annual agricultural imports come from these people you seem to have a problem with? This includes almost all the grain for next year's harvests? So we're going to be dependent on them for a while yet. I'm all for self-reliance, but the last time we were self-sufficient on food was 1842. So it's going to take a while for us to reverse that. Especially since there is no long-term UK Agricultural investment strategy to make us more self-sufficient. And if you're unhappy with how the EU is negotiating trade with us now, at 3½-times the size of the UK economy, just wait 'till we're across the table from the USA, who's economy is a whopping 7¼-times bigger than ours.
snow conditions
Quote:

Expansion to eastern europe was the nail in the coffin for the eu as far as i am concerned.

I've stayed out of the many, interminable, Brexit discussions here but the expansion of the EU to central/Eastern Europe is the best thing the EU has done.

From a UK (or W. Europe) self-interested point of view, what would have been better? Let them beg for scraps from Russia or EU and play one off against the other?

Ignoring "our" self-interest, what would have been better for those countries?
snow conditions
[quote="LaForet"]
skimastaaah wrote:
And if you're unhappy with how the EU is negotiating trade with us now, at 3½-times the size of the UK economy, just wait 'till we're across the table from the USA.

especially after Biden has likened the chief incompetent as a Trump clone not even the Arachnid brain bug will be able to smear his way out of that...but I'm sure breaking international law will put the UK disarray in good stead.
snow conditions
Crevasse dweller wrote:

especially after Biden has likened the chief incompetent as a Trump clone not even the Arachnid brain bug will be able to smear his way out of that...but I'm sure breaking international law will put the UK disarray in good stead.

First post, go and find another forum. This is a ski site, and I can only assume you're a troll or a returning banned poster. P*ss off.
ski holidays
@telford_mike, given the alias ... I suspect said poster is not new to these parts.
snow report
benwright wrote:
Quote:

Expansion to eastern europe was the nail in the coffin for the eu as far as i am concerned.

I've stayed out of the many, interminable, Brexit discussions here but the expansion of the EU to central/Eastern Europe is the best thing the EU has done.

From a UK (or W. Europe) self-interested point of view, what would have been better? Let them beg for scraps from Russia or EU and play one off against the other?

Ignoring "our" self-interest, what would have been better for those countries?

The many billions that has been sent to the east.
All so Germany could be at the centre of the EU map.
and at what cost? Well go look at Portugal, Spain, Italy & Greece. Economical fragile.
Cast aside so germany could tap into the eastern european countries resources.
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:
Klammertime wrote:

Exactly!
snow conditions
Oh goody, another Brexit thread to avoid....
latest report
telford_mike wrote:
Crevasse dweller wrote:

First post, go and find another forum. This is a ski site, and I can only assume you're a troll or a returning banned poster. P*ss off.

Maybe you haven't read this thread ... not much in the way of skiing here...as to being a troll, well given the smarts of your post it would appear I have to descend a lot further to reach your level of spitting offence....you would be well advised to listen to MikeM
snow conditions
It's amusing to note that many members of the "indigenous" population of these islands (including maybe Humpty Dumpty himself?) are probably descended from the original neolithic farmers who migrated here from eastern europe and displaced the hunter gatherers who were, well, hunting and gathering I guess, at the time. Oh, and these people had quite dark skins it would seem... Toofy Grin

As this seems to be morphing into yet another Brexit thread shall we have a vote on moving it to Apres? Laughing
ski holidays
skimastaaah wrote:
80llox to european over-priced resorts, let them expect a significant reduction in UK skiers.

No. Sorry. I'm still going to the European resorts if it's at all possible and safe. My choice of holiday destination is sovereign.

You can stay at home and cower under the covers if you want.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy