Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PCR test in ski resorts in France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apologies if this topic has been addressed already. I'm a French citizen and resident in Dubai. Getting to France to ski is not an issue. There's a direct flight to Lyon and no quarantine required. My main issue is when I plan to return to Dubai, I need a negative PCR test taken no more than 96 hours before the flight. I called val d'isere and they said that for now there is no plan to facilitate these tests but they're working on a solution. I don't want to waste 1 day of skiing to travel to the closest town to get tested and labs may be overwhelmed and prioritize people with actual symptoms.

Are you aware of any resort that facilitates tests for tourists that have to fly back? Is a negative test required before reentry to the UK?

Many thanks for your help
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No tests for the UK - we are either quarantined or not based on which country you've flown from.

Fly to UK from France = 14 days quarantine
Fly to UK from Greece = 0 days quarantine
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had a test done in Evian, and got the result the next day.
I called in the morning to make the appointment, then went along - easy as.
I had the test done in the afternoon, so could easily have skied until 2PM in any of the nearby resorts.
If the resort don't facilitate it then either go somewhere that does (Morzine offered free walk-in tests a few weeks back), or a resort near towns with labs.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@zinekar, Did you contact the Medical Centre in Val d'Isere or the Tourist Office ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you for the suggestion. Any of the major resorts fit this criteria? Not easy to find the info online.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rjs wrote:
@zinekar, Did you contact the Medical Centre in Val d'Isere or the Tourist Office ?
yes. they said that for now they offer nothing but they're aware of the issue and working on it. Suggested I call in 2 weeks. I'm not very hopeful if they still haven't figured it out by October.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
zinekar wrote:
rjs wrote:
yes. they said that for now they offer nothing but they're aware of the issue and working on it. Suggested I call in 2 weeks. I'm not very hopeful if they still haven't figured it out by October.

It's off season. They are more likely to sort it by December.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This was discussed on Radio Val d’Isere earlier in the week.

À Val d'Isère de nombreux clients et tours operators s'inquiètent de la possibilité réaliser des tests Covid 19 cet hiver. Val d'Isère Tourisme nous informait samedi qu'ils travaillaient à la mise en place d'un service dédié sur la station. Il n'est pas encore possible de dire si un centre de dépistage sera effectif directement chez nous cet hiver. Cette possibilité devrait être confirmée dans les prochaines semaines. Aujourd'hui, il faut se rendre au laboratoire de Bourg St Maurice, au plus près, pour effectuer un test. Les tests virologiques (RT-PCR) sont réalisables sans ordonnance et pris en charge intégralement par l’Assurance Maladie. Afin d’alléger les files d’attente, il est conseillé, avant de se rendre au laboratoire, de remplir un formulaire en ligne.

The majority of services in Val d’Isere are closed at the moment so give it a few weeks. The pharmacy offer anti body tests with results within the hour so they do have facilities in town that probably could be expanded.
Or a round trip to Bourg St Maurice would take under 2 hours.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My friend came over from Dubai recently, he had a test in the local laboratory to enable them to fly home......
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pastorius wrote:
No tests for the UK - we are either quarantined or not based on which country you've flown from.

Fly to UK from France = 14 days quarantine
Fly to UK from Greece = 0 days quarantine

We're quarantined based on where we've been, not where we've flown from.

When you fill in the form before travelling back to the UK you have to declare where you've been in the last 14 days.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is great feedback. Thank you!! I guess i’ll wait until early December to book

muppet wrote:
This was discussed on Radio Val d’Isere earlier in the week.

À Val d'Isère de nombreux clients et tours operators s'inquiètent de la possibilité réaliser des tests Covid 19 cet hiver. Val d'Isère Tourisme nous informait samedi qu'ils travaillaient à la mise en place d'un service dédié sur la station. Il n'est pas encore possible de dire si un centre de dépistage sera effectif directement chez nous cet hiver. Cette possibilité devrait être confirmée dans les prochaines semaines. Aujourd'hui, il faut se rendre au laboratoire de Bourg St Maurice, au plus près, pour effectuer un test. Les tests virologiques (RT-PCR) sont réalisables sans ordonnance et pris en charge intégralement par l’Assurance Maladie. Afin d’alléger les files d’attente, il est conseillé, avant de se rendre au laboratoire, de remplir un formulaire en ligne.

The majority of services in Val d’Isere are closed at the moment so give it a few weeks. The pharmacy offer anti body tests with results within the hour so they do have facilities in town that probably could be expanded.
Or a round trip to Bourg St Maurice would take under 2 hours.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy