Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So is this the year to do a season? No need to look for work, 3 ish months of skiing.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
WindOfChange wrote:
10 weeks brings you under the 25% threshold anyhow, so you have nothing to worry about there.

The thing I can't work out is whether it's still that straightforward after 1 Jan? Currently British citizens are treated as EU citizens, so there's no need for a working visa...so my impression is that you can toddle off to France and "WFH" for your British employer with relatively little faff. But after 1 Jan, I think you will technically require a work visa, because you'll no longer have the working rights of an EU citizen (barring a deal that grants that...). But it seems hard to find information on that, presumably because nobody knows quite what the rules will be!

@Lucywuk - let us know how you get on with your HR dept. It'd be really interesting to know what kind of paperwork they think needs doing.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chrisWo we will find out soon. My MD didn’t fall of her chair, I need to make a formal request for reduced hours, but will wait to see what HR says.

I am thinking of 8-10 weeks, likely 8 working weeks, which is only just over 15% of a year. We have had people work from Spain previously and most recently during lockdown a guy in England managing his job which was based in Houston. He started at midday and worked until 9pm.

Now need to think which resort

Any suggestions?
La Tania is a top pick for me. Brides Les bains maybe (cheaper but at least 30 mins up the mountain and can’t ski home). Husband is thinking La Plagne or maybe Villandry.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lucywuk wrote:

Any suggestions?
La Tania is a top pick for me. Brides Les bains maybe (cheaper but at least 30 mins up the mountain and can’t ski home). Husband is thinking La Plagne or maybe Villandry.

yes, somewhere a bit more interesting.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof wrote:
Lucywuk wrote:

Any suggestions?

Helpful. But where? Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WindOfChange wrote:
@BobinCH, Places above the tree line are pretty bleak too.
VT & LM are Fugly to boot.

I lived in VT for 6 months, skied until May 10th and didn’t want the season to finish. Waking up to fresh snow on the doorstop with the Peclet Glacier shining in the sunshine was magic. YMMV
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote="Lucywuk"]
davidof wrote:
Lucywuk wrote:

Any suggestions?

Well the correct answer is... Serre Chevalier but personally I'd probably go somewhere outside of France this winter to somewhere a bit better run and less likely to be fully locked down by President Panique. Spending 2 months last season cooped up indoors has left a bad impression for me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lucywuk wrote:
davidof wrote:
Lucywuk wrote:

Any suggestions?

Helpful. But where? Puzzled

What about Italy - Monterosa region (Gressoney or Champoluc probably best base). Great ski area and can’t beat the food and drink...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BobinCH wrote:

What about Italy - Monterosa region (Gressoney or Champoluc probably best base). Great ski area and can’t beat the food and drink...

that sounds good

less of a Covid-19 problem in Italy at the moment.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
WindOfChange wrote:

But, as BobinCH says, wonderful skiing in April. There can't be (m)any places offering better April skiing. wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="davidof"][quote="Lucywuk"][quote="davidof"]
Lucywuk wrote:

Well the correct answer is... Serre Chevalier but personally I'd probably go somewhere outside of France this winter to somewhere a bit better run and less likely to be fully locked down by President Panique. Spending 2 months last season cooped up indoors has left a bad impression for me.

Unfortunately we had the most traumatic holiday in Serre Chevalier and my daughter aged 21 has never forgiven me for it. She was 5 at the time
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bergmeister wrote:
WindOfChange wrote:

But, as BobinCH says, wonderful skiing in April. There can't be (m)any places offering better April skiing. wink

Not bad in October too it seems wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It seems likely that France will not face another full lockdown. The finance ministry has insisted to the President that this is not a viable option. They've also stressed to el Presidenti that having new measures on a 15 day cycle is not possible for business who need stability. They've also advised that "no deal" is a "done deal" and that everyone should plan for that now.

So it seems we'll have some strict measures up to the Christmas break in order to reduce the number of daily infections. Measures to be announced tonight.

So France should remain a viable option for this coming winter season, especially, as Pam said above, for a longer visit.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BobinCH wrote:

Not bad in October too it seems wink

this at 1800 meters on the Passo di Lavaze in Italy at the moment

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@KathE, brides is looking promising. Going back and forth, but will put in an official request to HR tomorrow.

It could offer a good balance but need to see how good the wifi or 4G is. And work out of there are places that will allow 10 weeks
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Lucywuk, keeping fingers crossed for you then. Keep us posted ...... would be good to meet up if all works out Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy