Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites 2020/21

Poster: A snowHead
Dolomites now delayed until 15 th February. A lot of good skiing is being missed this year Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hope it's all open for 13th June
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh miserable SnowGods !!!! -- all that snow and no skiers ......

Just look at the snow depth on Arabba's Church

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nature's sense of humour
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@albob, absolutely! They have a perverse sense of humour.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good God what a photo! The most chocolate box I've ever seen and not a drop to ski.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@8611, watch it live ! (also with sound...)

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/veneto/belluno/arabba.html
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The PreBB should be here today. Sad https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/veneto/belluno/chiesa-san-biagio.html
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@NeddySkiGoon, Oohh - That's a good one, not seen it before - another one to add to my collection Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The shelter of the Dolomites shows up well on radar today. The snow from the west and the north has been pushing into the alps over the last couple of days but has failed to cross over the top.

https://en.meteox.com/

You can see why places such as the Voralburg and the Tarantaise get a lot of snow from this direction.

This live webcam above Val d’isere shows wet snow falling in the strong westerly wind. Skiing would be rather unpleasant above the tree line and there is a risk that some chair lifts and pistes would be closed because of high wind and avalanche risk.

https://www.bergfex.com/val-disere/webcams/c4918/

Compare this to the eastern Dolomites where the visibility today is ok and the weather is predominantly dry. The temperature is also slightly lower there.

In more normal circumstances the majority of the skiing would probably be open, perhaps with just a few of the higher lifts closed because of wind risk.

https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/c14196/

This year and last the Dolomites have been fortunate that the early snow came up from the south so they haven’t had to make as much artificial snow as normal.

.......all of which is somewhat academic at the moment. Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Getting my 'Ski webcam' fix this AM, I happened across these lucky peeps......

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
albob wrote:
Getting my 'Ski webcam' fix this AM, I happened across these lucky peeps......

Is that The Pordi Pass webcam?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@jimmybog, yes. (Passo Pordoi to give its name in Italian)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jimmybog, As Alastair has said, yes - about 10.30 yesterday. They just happened to be walking past as I clicked on the cam.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks!!. Looks amazing. Would love to be out there this season, especially as they've had lots of snow. Conditions must be amazing. Absolutely gutted!!
snow report
I stayed in that building on the left one year. A bit basic as a hotel and mountain restaurant but very convenient for the skiing!
latest report
For those of us in the Dollies fan club, the Ski World Championships start there next week and run for two weeks.
I'm guessing a Eurosport subscription for the month will give you total coverage, unless you have other TV channels that will be showing it.

I suggest an armchair, glass of Chianti, some nice cured meats, mozzarella etc.

Even if you don't like ski racing, there'll be the majestic towers, fields of untracked powder, probable bluebird days and the beautiful sound of sliding on snow. It's probably as close as we're going to get this year....
snow report
@cameronphillips2000, thanks, I'll stock up on the Valpolicella, Barolo and Prosciutto di Parma in anticipation. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
@cameronphillips2000, thanks, I'll stock up on the Valpolicella, Barolo and Prosciutto di Parma in anticipation. Toofy Grin

Maybe we should use this thread for a photo competition. People enjoying Doloimte's culture and hospitality, whilst in front of the TV, watching the Ski World Championships
snow report
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
For those of us in the Dollies fan club, the Ski World Championships start there next week and run for two weeks.
I'm guessing a Eurosport subscription for the month will give you total coverage, unless you have other TV channels that will be showing it.

I suggest an armchair, glass of Chianti, some nice cured meats, mozzarella etc.

Even if you don't like ski racing, there'll be the majestic towers, fields of untracked powder, probable bluebird days and the beautiful sound of sliding on snow. It's probably as close as we're going to get this year....

Already have Eurosport on Sky, watched the Kronplatz Giant Slalom last night. Just need a bombardino recipe now
ski holidays
Latest update:

http://view.email.dolomitisuperski.com/?qs=75bf4eaac4ebcff3ba93c80d970cf66c7e51ec3238759e8dc2bbcca82ff8fe0d0fe5e614a72a8c57aa013b8e679483c7c6bdad46760fa332206624b8b22cffb7d94c1063f9912ba6891e9cf499f238a7
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:

One of the absolute beauties of skiing in Italy is the wine, so many different sublime reds, many of whom are niche or totally obscure to the rest of us

I haven't identified many good whites though, pinot grigio obviously, what else?
ski holidays
8611 wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

One of the absolute beauties of skiing in Italy is the wine, so many different sublime reds, many of whom are niche or totally obscure to the rest of us

I haven't identified many good whites though, pinot grigio obviously, what else?

Red wine is obviously what's Italy famous for due to the climate. But they have some great white wines as well, and one of the best is from the dolomites: Dolomytos. When we arrive in the dolomites at about noon this is the first wine we drink on a sunny terrace:

https://www.vivino.com/BE/nl/ansitz-dolomytos-bianco/w/1424973?cart_item_source=wine-page-master-link
snow report
@bart_bdv, Nice Smile :: is it as good as Rodenbach Grand Cru or a Brugse Zot whilst sat in a Bruges bar ? Smile
snow conditions
albob wrote:
@bart_bdv, Nice Smile :: is it as good as Rodenbach Grand Cru or a Brugse Zot whilst sat in a Bruges bar ? Smile
Bruges cannot compete with the dolomites, whatever you drink Laughing
snow report
Campolongo Chair was running this AM - nobody on it, probably just some routine maintenance... Sad !
latest report
@albob, It's tantamount to torture Bob. All that gorgeous snow and we aint there. We can't even go to the Chillfactore. Sad
ski holidays
Presumably still opening on the 15th February in time for half term ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From an email I received from DolomitiSuperski last week (the same one Brianatab has linked further the page)

"..Currently, the lift facilities will not be open to the public before February 15th, and even this date is subject to confirmation, depending on the developments of the Covid-19 pandemic.."
ski holidays
Pinched from another thread - some Italian ski area to re-open

https://www.trentotoday.it/attualita/riapertura-impianti-sciistici.html

Google Translate

"Good news for the ski resorts: from 15 February it will be possible to return to skiing, but only in the yellow areas. The news was disclosed by the Ansa news agency . The plants in the orange and red regions remain clearly closed. The CTS (Scientific Technical Committee) would have decided this, according to when it is learned, at the end of the meeting in which the protocol developed by the Regions last January 28 was examined.

The news agency also explained that the experts would have rejected the proposal of the regions according to which the lifts could also reopen in the orange zone, with a capacity reduced to 50% on cable cars, gondolas and chairlifts and the mandatory use of Ffp2 bezels. .."

===== Yellow areas =====

Abruzzo, Basilicata, Calabria, Campania, Emilia Romagna, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Lazio, Liguria, Lombardy, Marche, Molise, PA Trento, Piedmont, Tuscany, Valle Aosta, VENETO
snow report
Here’s the man from Ustaria Posta and his wife ‘earning their turns’...

http://youtube.com/v/npsoEZyRN2Y

They skin up from Corvara to Boe (top of the gondola) and then up to the top of the Vallon black run. Quite a trek but then they get to ski all the way back down.
snow report
@Red Leon, Nice !! thanks for posting Wink
snow report
Awdbugga wrote:
@albob, It's tantamount to torture Bob. All that gorgeous snow and we aint there. We can't even go to the Chillfactore. Sad

To make it worse -- there were Skiers on it early PM today !! ; they were all travelling quite fast, so it may have been a local club race training...
snow conditions
Red Leon wrote:
Here’s the man from Ustaria Posta and his wife ‘earning their turns’...

http://youtube.com/v/npsoEZyRN2Y

They skin up from Corvara to Boe (top of the gondola) and then up to the top of the Vallon black run. Quite a trek but then they get to ski all the way back down.

He's posted several videos these past few weeks! One from the Hidden valley, one from the Corvara /La Villa/San Cassiano area etc etc all worth a look. I'll have a look tomorrow at the Boe one. Thanks for posting!
snow report
Ustaria Posta again, this time skinning up from Badia to La Crusc (S Croce) with his little lad.
Dad kindly carries the boy’s downhill skis so he can indulge in some proper carving in the hero snow all the way down... lucky so & so Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/rR6uoOUfUZI
snow report
He's quite proud of his 'little lad' judging by those salos. Confused
snow report
God, such lonely valleys
latest report
Loving the videos. All my favourite places. Pleased someone is making good use of the superb conditions this year. Cool

Wonder if they will make the next opening date of 1st March ?
https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/
ski holidays
I really do love his vids ...could watch all day ...
snow report
Fabulous conditions. Sunny, calm and very dry. Superb snow cover on all runs.

It’s a nailed on certainty that the next ffive years will be snowless and mild Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy