Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2020/21 Season in Europe Friends ! (Accommodation Share etc)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm a 23 y/o female from the UK and am looking at doing a ski season. I was originally planning on doing a ski instructor course but now am thinking of going out and just looking for some part time work or just go out as a ski bum. However, I really want to find others who would be up for sharing accommodation with me before I go and am open to different resorts. Or, just any advice on how to find cheap accommodation where I'll meet friends would be great!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@cmevans, if you are a British passport holder, then from 1st Jan 2021 you are limited to a 90-day stay within a rolling 180-day period as a tourist only, no right to work. If you arrive before 31st Dec 2020, find a job, long term address and have adequate health insurance, then you can apply for a work/residence permit. Season job ads are out there now, many state 'EU passport holders only'. Welcome to Brexit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queenie pretty please wrote:
@cmevans, if you are a British passport holder, then from 1st Jan 2021 you are limited to a 90-day stay within a rolling 180-day period as a tourist only, no right to work. If you arrive before 31st Dec 2020, find a job, long term address and have adequate health insurance, then you can apply for a work/residence permit. Season job ads are out there now, many state 'EU passport holders only'. Welcome to Brexit.

I am also an Irish citizen with an Irish passport so will be ok! But tbh I think I will want to get some sort of work when I am out there anyway.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@cmevans, Welcome to snowheads. I think the main issue will be where you can travel without going against Foreign Office advice which invalidates most if not all insurances at the moment. So getting folks to commit ahead of November will be tricky, so maybe get a team together and book at the last minute. Maybe look at big high resorts that start early and you could get over 4 months in EU countries, of course lots of countries outside the EU have skiing, though some on here forget that. Travel may be an issue to these though! Brexit aside there are going to be a lot of experienced resort people looking for less jobs. But theres generally a bit of work for cash if you are careful.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chocksaway, yes insurance is another issue at the moment! I have been looking into cervinia in Italy as its a very high resort and the season starts early, and also non-essential travel to Italy from the UK is allowed at the moment so should be able to get some insurance. I also like that you can ski from Cervinia to Zermatt, but I've heard the apres isn't great in Cervinia?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@cmevans, See the 'Solo Season & Remote Working' thread on The Piste. If you have an idea of resort(s) you are interested in, try on the relevant seasonnaire page on Facebook eg Tignes Seasonnaies 2021 - you may have to ask to join to be able to post in them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Kenzie, thank you!! I will have a look on facebook now
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think you’ll find the Apres won’t quite be what it was anywhere. There’s this virus kicking around you see !
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@orange, hahah yeah not expecting anything mad, but still want a bit of something. I more mean resorts in austria like st anton and the french & swiss alps etc have lots of younger people but from what I've heard Cervinia is more of a family resort...could be wrong though
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Given the poor handling of Covid in France I would go to a better run country
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@cmevans, You're probably right about Cervinia plus you will lose a fair few days due to closures on windy days. It's great being able to ski over to Zermatt though.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cmevans wrote:
queenie pretty please wrote:

I am also an Irish citizen with an Irish passport so will be ok! But tbh I think I will want to get some sort of work when I am out there anyway.

Just be aware that the 90 Day rule applies in some EU Countries REGARDLESS of whether you are an EU citizen or not. Details country by country can be found here:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/residence-rights/index_en.htm#eu-citizen

Freedom of Movement does not mean you have the right to work or reside indefinately in most EU countries.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@cmevans Been looking into this type of stuff with my son who is considering similar.....go out to ski, getting a job as a bonus/necessary evil once out there. This is what we have found if you don't have a job with accommodation, but never used any of them so they arent recommendations.....
1. Larger, pleasant looking season chalets where you can rent a single bed in a single, twin or triple room. Some ensuite. Company find a hopefully suitable roomie if required. 2500-3500 euros. Skiseasonbeds for Morzine, bedsnboard too, Mymountainplayground for Meribel. Cannot seem to find similar arrangements in all resorts, that would be ideal. Seems fairly sociable in that you will end up with 8-9 potential friends from the start, probably a few solo travellers too.
2. Smaller properties such as a studio for 4 or 6 sharing in bunk beds. Have found companies that let those by the bed in Val T and Val D. Not dissimilar in price, maybe slightly more cramped!
3. Numerous websites (and probably loads I haven't seen) advertising properties for rental on a seasonal basis.....leaving you to find your own sharers or once you have such a group. Examples are Livetheseason, the websites above, all the incarnations of the 'see' sites.... www.seetheworld.com has resort specific pages for most big French resorts and verbier. Tignes-spirit. As I say there may be loads more.
4. Facebook pages have fairly regular offers of accommodation or requests for rooms or sharers....i am not on Facebook but have seen Morzine Crew talk to me (very active), Tignes seasonaires and Val Thorens friends and seasonaires facebook pages(may be different spelling) as they are public. Sure the same exists for most resorts
5. St Anton and Mayrhofen tourist offices have lists of owners amenable to seasonal rentals.

It must exist for most places but we have found the info easier to come by for France, snippets for Switzerland but more difficult for Austria and Italy. Maybe they are just less popular for UK season types.
Hope that helps in relation to accommodation
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@cmevans, I'm a 52 yr old bloke with a wife and 3 kids- can I come?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy