Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New FIS Ski WC 2020/21 Thread + Cortina WSC 2021

Poster: A snowHead
I keep the first post of this thread up to date with the next race - though it's not always obvious - I have some ideas on how to improve on our thread for next season + olympics

The to go races are as follows:

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@extremerob, thanks. I hadn't twigged you did all that. Cheers for keeping it all up to date.

Perfect timing, I think that all takes me to the end of my extended Eurosport subscription.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
extremerob wrote:
Men are racing DH tomorrow at Saalbach Hinterglemm with the race starting at 1120 CET, they race again DH on Saturday and then SG Sunday. This will be the penultimate speed weekend before the season concludes in 2 weeks time in Lenzerheide

DH start delayed due to fog and mist, new hoped for start time at Saalbach Hinterglemm is now 10:30 GMT (11:30 CET).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The visibility at the top is truly appalling. If that lifts it will help later racers
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Race on hold, next decision11:30. Looks like today's race could well be scrubbed.... Sad

Edit: Race Cancelled! Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Whats the weather forecast for tomorrow, any better?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As I got to the DH late this morning (meant to turn over but got too involved in the cricket and forgot) when they had already stopped it for fog, I went on to watch the WC Mens Cross Country 4x10km team relay. Quite an exciting race with Russia (not allowed to call them that in the event, so "RSF" or some such nonsense) lost a close fight (not literally which is a nice change where a certain Russian skier is concerned) to Norway. Russia had nearly a minute's lead over Norway after the first leg but this was quickly pulled back in the later legs. Apparently it was hard conditions for CC ski prep with lots of fresh snow and a "big" temperature difference from the top to bottom of the course, something about hard to get the right wax for the temp and I guess the tracks filled with soft fluffy stuff.

A WC Biathlon Mens relay on Eurosport now, no rest for the wicked.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Let's hope for better weather conditions for today's Men's DH from Saalbach Hinterglemm, Eurosport coverage starts 09:30 GMT
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just watching on Eurosport :: Having never been to the area, there seems to be a lot of Brown on that South facing side - is that normal ??

==== edit ===

Just answered my own question :: Village is only at 1000 metre
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@albob, it did look like there was very little snow cover this year especially at this time of year
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Even so, that is the last snow I've seen on that side in march. I'd normally have been there last week and a check of the weather gave very warm conditions.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Charlie Guest came 23rd in the Jasna slalom today! Nice to have a female Brit qualifying for the second run but a pity it wasn't live on Eurosport TV.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@maggi, All thing considered, that is an excellent result !
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK with me if the ski gods award Wendy Holdener a slalom win.....must be tough to coexist with Shiffrin, my head would be long gone. But cool that she got yet another podium.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For those that don't have it Eurosport have their half price annual offer on until the 21st of March
Eurosport
ski holidays
Anybody know why Guest and Tilley are not competing the GS today?
snow conditions
@davidthornton, Alex Tilley has Covid. Does Charlie Guest do GS?

Edit. Just checked her results. She hasn't done GS since Jasna 2019. Google tells us she is focusing on slalom
ski holidays
Brilliant run by the Swiss youngster Odermatt in this morning's Super G at Saalbach Hinterglemm!
snow report
On a difficult SG course by the look.
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@davidthornton, Alex Tilley has Covid. Does Charlie Guest do GS?

Edit. Just checked her results. She hasn't done GS since Jasna 2019. Google tells us she is focusing on slalom

Thanks. Judging by yesterday's performance, a good decision by Guest, she showed good control and balance, skied the course very well.
latest report
This morning's Super G is proving to be a very interesting course, with some big names failing and some lower ranked racers doing very well, congratulations to the (French?) course setter.
snow report
@Alastair Pink, yes French. Very technical but Alexis couldn't capitalise on it
latest report
Robinson stomped down a flier of a second run just then. Possibly good enough for a podium.
latest report
@Timmycb5, So she did
ski holidays
I can't see Lara holding onto the overall with 3 slaloms coming up

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 7-03-21 17:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
extremerob wrote:
@ster, just had a look at the final results - Matthieu Bailet must have had a cracker of a run from Bib 50 to position 10 - I wonder if that is one of the highest ever jumps in a race? Considering as well the weather didn't dramatically improve as well makes it all that more impressive!

Great to see this guy make the podium today - hopefully it is the start of more to come.

Will be an interesting fight as we go into the finals for the Overall, GS and SG for the men
snow report
extremerob wrote:
extremerob wrote:
@ster, just had a look at the final results - Matthieu Bailet must have had a cracker of a run from Bib 50 to position 10 - I wonder if that is one of the highest ever jumps in a race? Considering as well the weather didn't dramatically improve as well makes it all that more impressive!

Great to see this guy make the podium today - hopefully it is the start of more to come.

Will be an interesting fight as we go into the finals for the Overall, GS and SG for the men

Martin Cater won the first World Cup downhill of the season at Val d'Isere with bib 41
snow report
@holidayloverxx, a win is a win, but Martin’s win was weather influenced and he hasn’t been able to replicate anything close since.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@extremerob, yebbut the question was was it the highest ever jump. Answer no.
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, someone had posted when I originally made the statement about Bailet’s jump and if memory serves right it was 61 to 1 as the highest jump.

It was good to see someone who showed potential earlier this season to improve and make the podium today.
latest report
Deleted - double posted

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 7-03-21 18:53; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@extremerob, indeed
snow report
@extremerob, thanks for all the info and feedback during the season. Great idea the thread, very comprehensive. Very Happy
ski holidays
@davidthornton, next year will be even more fun with the Beijing Olympics - though really starting to question if the stance will change on boycotting given everything happening to the Uighur's.

On a more positive note Milano Cortina 2026 are holding a public vote for their new logo:
https://www.milanocortina2026.org/en/
snow conditions
#ok so I voted, the site then invited me to vote again. explains the Italian political system, I guess. Shocked
snow report
@extremerob, Yes, political issues with the Chinese govt loom. Uighurs as you say, but also the HK situation could become dire, and then there is the aftermath of the pandemic and calling the Chinese govt to account for their cover up of the initial outbreak and subsequent obduracy and blatant obstruction to the WHO investigation team.
Sport and politics an enduring issue.
ski holidays
@Bob, @Bob, and you can vote every day!
ski holidays
[quote="extremerob"]
Next Race Men
Quote:
Kranjska Gora

13 MAR - M - GS
14 MAR - M - SL

Next Race Women
Quote:
Are

12 MAR - W - SL
13 MAR - W - SL

Another busy weekend, todays W slalom 1st run at 1230 UK time, 2nd run at 1530
snow report
Looks a good tidy first run by Vlhova first up.
latest report
British Eurosport can be so irritating! Says the programme is scheduled to run to 1.30pm then at 1.20 or so cuts away to cycling or something - just a short while before the GB competitor - amid some waffle about the 'app', whatever that is! Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy