Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New FIS Ski WC 2020/21 Thread + Cortina WSC 2021

Poster: A snowHead
@rjs, I was referring to the snowboarders when I said snow sports being Gus Kenworthy & Charlotte Banks, who switched from USA & France respectively. I’m sure they’d love an alpine racer too.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ster, So why do you think that Yule would get more funding by switching from CH to GB ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rjs, I don’t recall saying he would get more but I reckon he could get sufficient given the funding Snowsports get , maybe that could be more if his medak propects were good but I would think he could get sufficient. More that he would easily get selection for GB World Cup and Olympic squads than with the competition for the Swiss squad and likely prolong his international career and his earning potential.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ster, GB Snowsports doesn't get funding that it can decide how to spend, the last time I checked the budget for freestyle was a lot bigger than for alpine.

Yule is sponsored by a major insurance company and hasn't had problems with team selection so far.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rjs, not sure what you mean about it getting funding but cant decide what to spend it on, seems an odd way to run any organisation. Budget freestyle vs alpine could be mixing up cause and effect?

His slalom results have not been great so far prior to WC.

Do you know how much this sponsorship pays?

Anyway tired of flogging this one now as getting into realms of whataboutery where you, despite your undoubted better knowledge, don't know either.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ster wrote:
Anyway tired of flogging this one now as getting into realms of whataboutery where you, despite your undoubted better knowledge, don't know either.

Or there is a limit to how much I'm going to post in public.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ster, Ouch!...Play fair children. Eh oh!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://coloradosun.com/2019/12/19/gus-kenworth-great-britain-olympics-skiing/

Reads like he switched to compete in more Olympic sports and not have to go through the riggers of the US qualification process.

I guess the US system is looking to increase the medal haul and have the best placed athlete in a position to win at each event? If he really is the bees knees - would the US team have really let him go?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For those who want to see more of the Dolomites scenery, blue sky and sunshine the Eurosport app is carrying the Women's DH training run from Val di Fassa, coverage has just started. Smile

Edit: It's being held on the slope "La Volata" in the ski area San Pellegrino (a run familiar to several sHs who have skied the San Pelligrino area on the preBBWUW, it's the black piste no.41 that goes from the top of the cable car building with the triangular roof back down to the bottom of the cable car at San Pellegrino) snowHead

I believe the race itself takes place tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Alastair Pink, yes, thats a really nice run. But the cricket is on. Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ster, cricket on? Not in the case of England! Poor wicket, two days! Sad
Is the women's D/H on TV anywhere tomorrow? Can't see it on the schedules. Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It should be on Eurosport 2 tomorrow think the start time is 1030
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@davidthornton, I mean for the practice today. I fully expect the cricket to be finished by the race tomorrow.

Unless the two sides agree to squeeze another quick test match into remaining days so as to not disappoint the ticket holders!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@extremerob, FIS says 1045 UK start time.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks.
ski holidays
@ster, right you are, broadcasting commences at 1015 on the Eurosport app and then 1035 on Eurosport 2
latest report
bug. My Eurosport app on PS4 wouldnt start up on time (can get in now) so will have to watch on demand later.
ski holidays
A good inaugural women's DH race on the "La Volata" course in San Pellegrino.Smile There's another women's DH on the same course tomorrow (Eurosport coverage starts a bit earlier at just before 10:00 UK time), and then on Sunday there's a women's Super G. The latter two events are replacements for races which were originally scheduled to take place in Yanqing in China.
latest report
Men's GS sat am
ski holidays
Sat - Men in Bansko, /G/S 1st run 10am CET, 2nd 1200 CET. Also, Sun.
snow conditions
Sorry - correction: Men's 2nd 1300hrs. CET.
ski holidays
@ster, i've found the eurosport app on the phone/computer/firetv to all allow me to go back in time so don't have to wait for it to be over.
ski holidays
May be a bit late -- but the 2nd ladies downhill from Val di Fassa is on Eurosport 2 right now....!
snow conditions
Breezy Johnson testing out the safety netting! Fortunately she looks to be unhurt.
latest report
I am getting a real sense of the speed they travel at from todays camera positions.

Alastair -- the commentator mentioned Breezy looked 'bigger' because her 'air-bag' had inflated.
How long have downhillers been using them? (I know they have been used in Motor Bike racing for years..)
ski holidays
albob wrote:
I am getting a real sense of the speed they travel at from todays camera positions.

Alastair -- the commentator mentioned Breezy looked 'bigger' because her 'air-bag' had inflated.
How long have downhillers been using them? (I know they have been used in Motor Bike racing for years..)

Not entirely sure but I definitely remember a similar incident where one inflated 2 or 3 seasons ago. Think the commentators made a similar comment there too.
ski holidays
@albob, I think air bags to protect the DH racers were first adopted by some DH racers about two or three years ago? Edit: more info here: https://mpora.com/skiing/bag-tricks-airbag-system-trusted-fastest-downhill-skiers-world/
latest report
@Timmycb5, @Alastair Pink, Thanks both
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Women's Super G in Val di Fassa has just started. Back to blue skies and sunshine for the third and final day of racing on the "La Volata" course in San Pellegrino. Smile
snow conditions
Oh god her legs gone. You could see it flopping about just under the knee. Horrific

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 28-02-21 10:29; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Thats not good. That knee is at an awful angle. Another bad injury for the Norwegians in the offing I’m afraid.
snow report
Horrendous looking crash Shocked
snow report
Surely she'll need to be helicoptered off. She was clearly conscious as she was screaming in pain Sad

Edit: well at least the Norwegian skier (Kajsa Vickhoff Lie) has now been helicoptered off. I hope they've given her some pain relief on the way to the hospital. Sad

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 28-02-21 11:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Having previously been carted off the mountain on a blood wagon, when I see one fully laden it does serve to check my speed. Does it have the same psychological effect on the racers?
latest report
Oh god she sounds in pain too
ski holidays
That’s another knee
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
Oh god she sounds in pain too

Yep that's another bad crash by the Austrian Rosina Schneeberger, looks like she's damaged her leg or knee for sure. I think the helicopter will be needed for a 2nd time. Sad
latest report
I've switched it off
snow conditions
I guess they may only have one helicopter available, so perhaps it hasn't arrived back in San Pellegrino yet after taking the Norwegian skier to hospital? It seems to be taking a long time to treat the Austrian skier, although I know they have to stabilise any broken limbs before helicopter evacuation....
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, I wondered about what happens when they need another evacuation so soon after the first, if they had more than on helicopter. And if the first evacuee gets taken all the way to hospital in it, where-ever the organisation choose as to where that is (could be close or could be a distance) or if they off load at the base for land transfer. Is it decided case by case or same for all.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 28-02-21 11:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy