Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New FIS Ski WC 2020/21 Thread + Cortina WSC 2021

Poster: A snowHead
@primoz, you're absolutely right, and I guess that's what this post was about

extremerob wrote:

But excluding the whole Austrian team in an Austrian race I suspect is a political hot potato FIS aren't going to try touching, let alone picking up. Which is a terrible cop out, the Finish race saw what's likely to be the most severe penalty and every race henceforth should play by the same rules.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BREAKING: Due to a lack of snow, the two men's Giant Slalom races from Val d'Isère will be rescheduled in Santa Caterina Valfurva (ITA) on 5/6 December 2020.

Don't forget the women's Parallel Slalom is on Eurosport this afternoon from 1645 - it's been 26 years since the last FIS WC race in Lech
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@extremerob, thanks for the reminder, one of the real benefits of enforced working from home Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alex Tilley had a great qualifying this morning ending up in 17th.
Charley Guest who picked up her first WC points over the weekend in Levi is down in 56th.

Edit: that does mean that both miss out on the knockout rounds as only top 16 qualify.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@swskier, yes it does
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@extremerob, thanks for the reminder, one of the real benefits of enforced working from home Laughing

+1
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
extremerob wrote:
BREAKING: Due to a lack of snow, the two men's Giant Slalom races from Val d'Isère will be rescheduled in Santa Caterina Valfurva (ITA) on 5/6 December 2020.

Don't forget the women's Parallel Slalom is on Eurosport this afternoon from 1645 - it's been 26 years since the last FIS WC race in Lech

Watching it now on Eurosport App Chromecasting to my TV. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well it looks like the Swedish girls sorted out the quarantine issues that were being imposed on the team by the finish authorities.

Sara Hector is racing tonight and doing well - yet 6 days ago was prohibited to race in Levi.

I can understand not being able to race at a single race, maybe they agree those are the rules to compete and get on the snow this year. But when FIS are also combining points for overall championship titles can’t see how it’s going to be fair.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What a race!

Parallel GS is highly exciting to watch - was even thinking they should have a London event in Hyde Park!

I have to say Paula Moltzan impressed - and it was sad to see her take a fall in the Final, was on the edge of my seat when Vlhova edged Sara Hector out by 0.01, Sra didn't even realise celebrating as she crossed the line!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 26-11-20 22:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just no stopping Petra Vlhova at the moment.

@extremerob, totally agree, it's so exciting watching them race head to head. Loved it. Looking forward to tomorrow evening.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
20 minute warning - Mens races start at 1650
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@extremerob, thanks for another reminder.

Keep it up!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pinterault edged out Kristofferson by 0.11 to take his 30th career win, and also be the first man to win a race in all 6 of the disciplines!

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Reminder:

Mens GS at Santa Caterina Valfurva tomorrow 1st Run: 0930 GMT 2nd Run: 1230 GMT

Womens SG at St Moritz: 1030 GMT
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
W
Ladies SG cancelled, too much new snow and high winds Sad
snow report
In the States we were treated to a third helping of the races at Levi last night. That was three weeks ago! Nothing from Zürs. TV coverage sucks here! Canada's isn't any better. We just talk about Shiffrin and they just talk about how their skiers lack confidence.

So @extremerob, thanks for telling me that Pinterault won, that is quite an achievement to win 'em all.

I wish they'd do a race with all disciplines involved.....top to bottom, DH speeds in places, at least one flush, etc. Answers the question "Who's the best skier here today?" Would be fun to include a bump face too. Hmm, how would you choose skis?
snow conditions
@Scooter in Seattle, suprised to hear that as NBC had signed a contract to cover FIS events this year - I think alot is on the Olympic Channel, I also know CBC covers a good amount of skiing + other wintersports.

If you're struggling invest in a VPN - I can tell you from experience NordVPN and Private Internet Access both work for unlocking the live streams from domestic EU broadcasters listed in my first post. So you can watch the races live with non-english commentary if you don't mind that.

The other route is you can try purchasing a Eurosport player account - you will need a credit card issued in the UK/EU and a VPN to unlock the content. I am in the UK atm and using NordVPN, Eurosport player is running fine through it even if I change the VPN country to outside of the UK.

Also the super-combined event is a test of the best overall speed/tech skier running DH/SG on the same day as a single slalom run
snow report
@extremerob, thx for details. Yeah, Olympic Channel runs some races live, usually at 3:30 am my time, not real convenient. Then they run ice skating for a few days. And CBC as I said, their coverage is thin, understandably focused on CDN athletes, who right now are not a compelling group.

I actually prefer non-english commentary unless its Bode Miller or Tod Brooker. The inane stuff just goes right past me. Speaking of Bode: that day he skied on the fence-its on YouTube-the commentary is much more fun in Italian than English!
snow conditions
@Scooter in Seattle, I would seriously consider investing in a VPN, you can also go through quidco (a cashback platform) if you don't currently have a VPN and save some money if you want (though is a bit more roundabout)

If you sign-up to quidco with this link you get £5 extra https://www.quidco.com/raf/1017513 - quidco act as cashback referrer (they take months to pay back - but they do!) - they have spanking cashback offers on VPNs at the moment. For example they are offering 70% cashback on NordVPN at the moment (excluding tax) - and NordVPN have a sale on at the moment which is 68% off. ( I recently paid £79 for two years of NordVPN and I have £68 of cashback tracked and waiting to pay out - so £10 for two years is nothing) - yes there is a risk the cashback fails but usually the payout works. The cashback can then be transferred to your bank account, paypal or other options available.

Then for example all the races can be watched on demand "catch-up" by navigating to the Austrian, German or Italian broadcasters which are listed on the first page

There are solutions and happy to talk you or anyone through if needed
snow conditions
Today's men's GS postponed until tomorrow.
snow report
What a race the Downhill is turning out to be this morning - a highly recommended watch on catch-up if you can.

Mauro Caviezel not even flinching as he ripped right through an early gate reminded me of the badass Bode was!
snow conditions
Well done to Andrew Young who won a bronze 3rd place in the FIS World Cup Cross-Country Sprint in Davos (his 2nd World Cup Podium position): https://www.facebook.com/fiscrosscountry/videos/229482101892456
ski holidays
There‘s a lot of speculation that Hirscher could make a comeback.
ski holidays
DB wrote:

Yes, the various media channels are awash with the rumours, in spite of the rejection from his father. Evidently Marcel has recently been spotted gate training...and I’m sure the Austrians would love to see him racing again, given a relative lack of anyone else to celebrate...
latest report
He was training on Reiteralm with the Austrian men's GS team. The press are having a field day jumping to conclusions but it seems more likely that any future sporting plans would involve enduro motorcycling.
snow report
Good racing for the GS in Courchevel this morning.

Spoiler
Amazing to see Brignone basically fall and still get herself second place, partly down to Bassino having the same problem at what I think was the same gate and not recovering. Looked like a tough course, everyone was gassed at the bottom, including Shiffrin who didn't even have the energy to celebrate. Nice to see Mikaela back on the 'top step' but her pace looked a bit off what Bassino and Brignone were one prior to their mistakes
snow report
Mikaela back great to see
ski holidays
@SnoodlesMcFlude, was surprised to see Brignone get the green light and by some margin following the slide - makes you think if she hadn't gone down what would have happened!

Only a few more days until Friday's races Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was quite good to watch the Eurosport player and see all 68 first runs. Some names I'd never heard before.
snow conditions
DB wrote:

It's just clickbait stuff. There's no speculation regarding this, as there's simply no comeback in play. Sure he was skiing between gates. We all do from time to time, as it's still fun, but that doesn't mean it's anything more then fun in this. I never bet unless I'm sure I will win, and in this case, I can bet there won't be any comeback.
snow conditions
First men's slalom of the season is on Eurosport at the moment - Run 1 started at 0900 with Run 2 at 1200 - great for a WFH lunchtime break
latest report
Are there are any streams around for someone without Eurosport?
snow report
@pieman666, yes look at the original post of this thread - there are links to EU broadcasters - though you will need a VPN for nearly all of them from what I recall
snow conditions
@extremerob, thanks sorted out an Austrian feed and if I can find Eurosport for £20 I will pick it up, as I'm having to live vicariously for my skiing at the moment.
snow conditions
Dave Ryding done well in the first run.
snow conditions
0.77 is not a big gap so hes got a great chance to finish well up there.
snow report
Watched the second run. Worth looking at if you can. The Austrian coverage was good, I will need to learn some german as they sent one of the commentators down the course before the run who commentated the whole way down! Which is probably about as close as i am going to get to skiing as I will get this season Smile
ski holidays
@pieman666, I always watch the ORF coverage. Definitely the best I have found.
snow report
I don't wave the flag much, but it is nice to see a Yank not named Vonn or Shiffrin take a step up. And weird to see the gals on OK, isn't "their course" (not that it matters) over on Solaise? Although there was a bit of carnage.

Can't wait for Adelboden and best finish in the business!
ski holidays
Well done Dave, Top 10 in the first race back!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy