Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New FIS Ski WC 2020/21 Thread + Cortina WSC 2021

Poster: A snowHead
Great race - was sad to see Breezy make that error out of the gate - she really did ski the second half flawlessly.

Gut was impressive again - she nearly had it.

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skier-cross on BBC red button now
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But where is the Mens Downhill -- both bbc and eurosport showing the Ski-cross ??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
albob wrote:
But where is the Mens Downhill -- both bbc and eurosport showing the Ski-cross ??

Tomorrow
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Doohhh -- What I am seeing is the Training run !!! Embarassed (on the FIS website..)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A bit girly, I know, but I really like the new USA ski suit. Italian? Not sure but then I didn't think much of the old one so, I guess, marginally better.

Good race though. A pity GB haven't got any female speed racers. Anyone know if we have any decent youngsters who might make the grade next year? (I know there won't be a World Championship then, I mean in the WC.)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@maggi, I think the US team wear suits from Spyder?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@maggi, You could look at GBR entries for Youth Olympic Games and Junior World Championships to see who is getting starts in big events, or look at the most recent National Championships for who is quickest. I'm guessing that Cara Brown might have been entered for speed in these World Championships if she had not been recovering from injury.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maggi - Alex Tilley competed in the Super GS this week (DNF) ; also does Giant Slalom and Slalom

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/athlete-biography.html?sectorcode=AL&competitorid=148188&type=result
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Really sad news coming from Mr GS, Ted Ligety - he has just announced he won't be able to race in Cortina and have a farewell run - must be a tough way to end a career Sad

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@extremerob, yes very sad that Ted can't bow out with a run in the Cortina World Championships. Sad As an aside it's remarkable how MRI imaging so clearly shows the herniated/prolapsed discs.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ster, they used to wear Spyder. Don't know if these new suits are still Spyder brand but they're a lovely colour and design.

@rjs, thanks for the tips.

@albob, yes, I watched Alex Tilley in the SG. She was the only one who fell over. In fairness, it's not really her discipline which is why I wondered about other speed skiers.

Poor Ted! He's had a great career, though, and at his best was a dream to watch.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@maggi, on a video of today I can see say Spyder on the shoulders of the ski suits and there is a spider and web on the lower left arm.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ster, you must have a bigger/better telly than me! Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The mens downhillers are struggling to hike up to the start of the race.
snow conditions
This is fast becoming my favourite track on the circuit! Complete beast Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Max Muzaton, take a bow!
latest report
Klamm Franzer wrote:
Max Muzaton, take a bow!

That was a recovery and a half!
latest report
Muzaton - Brilliant save, should have been in the freestyle comp.
snow report
@welshflyer, +1

Baumann's clattered those barriers at the finish. Made a mess of his face, poor fella.
ski holidays
It's a shame the two right handers below the vertigine cut up so quickly. It really paid to start early.
snow conditions
@Klamm Franzer,

Yes I agree.

I think an early start was best today because I think the track warmed up and became slower. The top 2 started 1 & 2. Feuz did well to finish 3rd with a later start.

Reminds me of the result at the 2009 Downhill when the early starters had much colder track temperatures.
ski holidays
tough course. looks rock hard.
snow report
It’s just unbelievable...

http://youtube.com/v/ZTFU7AbeJUo
snow conditions
@extremerob, amazing recovery (OK, he missed a gate and became a DNF, but still he survived without a nasty crash!).
ski holidays
On another topic I wasn't quite sure about the rules for when the racer can start relative to the acoustic timing beeps, so I checked. You may start any time after the 5 second countdown starts until 5 seconds after the word “GO” or the longer beep. If you start before the countdown or more than 5 seconds after the word “GO” or the longer beep, you will have committed a false start. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@Alastair Pink,

Correct for DH, SG and GS.
slalom doesn't have a countdown. You go when the start marshal says the course is clear.
snow conditions
Well tomorrow is going to be a very busy day there is the mens and womens alpine combined events taking place. They are following the super combined format - so one SG followed by one slalom run.

Will be interesting as they will run the mens race first on the vertigine at 1000CET - followed by the slalom at 1330CET on the Rumerlo - They will then need to run the women on the Tofane following the men and make the course changes needed as the vertigne and tofane share the same final few turns into the finish area. They will then need to re-set the slalom course after the men for later in the afternoon for the women - I wonder if they will have issues with light.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward wrote:
@Alastair Pink,

Correct for DH, SG and GS.
slalom doesn't have a countdown. You go when the start marshal says the course is clear.

Indeed. Madeye-Smiley However to be pedantic my post said it was about "when the racer can start relative to the acoustic timing beeps". Since the slalom doesn't have acoustic timing beeps I was obviously not referring to the slalom wink NehNeh
snow conditions
I've put a bet on. Couple of quid on Gisin, and a quid on Zubcic at 20/1, which seemed a big price.
snow report
@PrimroseAndBlue, did the site you bet at allow you to select for example 1,2,3 or top 10, DNF or get creative? I was looking a few weeks back and couldn’t find anything that supported that or to bet a few races ahead either.
snow conditions
extremerob wrote:
@PrimroseAndBlue, did the site you bet at allow you to select for example 1,2,3 or top 10, DNF or get creative? I was looking a few weeks back and couldn’t find anything that supported that or to bet a few races ahead either.

You could pick winner or to finish in the top 3. Sadly nothing more exciting!
ski holidays
Looks like the times have changed for today:

Women’s AC: 0945 SG, 1410 SL
Men’s AC: 1115 SG, 1520 SL

Times are CET
snow report
Yes. Starting now.
ski holidays
no bbc coverage today Evil or Very Mad
latest report
@halfhand, didn't get Eurosport for that 99p for the month deal?
snow report
6.99 for Eurosport for the month.
Plays on the app on your phine and casts to TV.
Grest for skiing amd even better for cycling when they provide helicopter fly.bys of all ove favourite resorts from Le Tour the Guro and Vuelta.

It's goid to subscribe tocthe likes of Eurosprt. With no fans there, these events are telying on sponsors and TV rights...
snow conditions
Eurosport do a Black Friday event every year, £19.99 for 12 months.

Back onto the WC. Thought the mens downhill was a little bit of an anti-climax after the SuperG. Obviously the race director must have gotten an ear bashing so mellowed the approach somewhat.
latest report
He certainly did, they were 'hardly' getting airborne although right hander right after certainly seemed to make the most difference to the run. Most of the later competitors were losing a second to the winner over that split.
snow conditions
Did anyone find out why the Kenyan skier, Sabrina Simader was DQ'd from the womens Super G?

I watched a couple of days late, and couldn't figure it out from watching. Is there some ruling around having to finish within a certain time of the leader?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy