Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New FIS Ski WC 2020/21 Thread + Cortina WSC 2021

Poster: A snowHead
@holidayloverxx, sorry i should of said you can 'rewind' the feed so I went back to the start at 9:45 and watched the whole thing.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Make that 3 out of 3.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting, the first three skiers have skied out after landing the Vertigine(sp?) jump. Who'll be the first racer to actually finish the course? Laughing

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 11-02-21 13:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fourth one down made it!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ster,

Where are you watching it?

The BBC Website isn't showing it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm watching it on BBC TV (think it might be red button..)

No, Iplayer app
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
albob wrote:
I'm watching it on BBC TV (think it might be red button..)
funny, I've tried that it it's not showing on my tv. It is supposed to be on the bbc sport website too but it 'aint Mad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Iplayer - Categories - Sport - winter sports
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-sports/56011306 has it for me remember to rewind to around 11:59 for the first racer
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It is on the BBC Website but I had a small problem finding it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have found it on i-player after a bit of a search Toofy Grin

Found it on the website but God it's a faff and it didn't start at 11:45 (perhaps the start was delayed).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah the iplayer. Sport category then winter sports
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Its giving the skiers quite a bit of trouble, 4 of 12 skiing out. All stemming from that Vertingine jump either directly or a little after.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Make that 5.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Proving to be a very difficult course -- sounds really ICY !!
snow report
ski holidays
pieman666 wrote:
@holidayloverxx, sorry i should of said you can 'rewind' the feed so I went back to the start at 9:45 and watched the whole thing.

i don;t watch rewind or repeat when I know the result, which I did from following a feed on FB
snow report
@albob,

Yes a very difficult course. A course worker has fallen and been taken off in the blood wagon.
ski holidays
@welshflyer, hilarious - race director: "just get him on the sled and take him to the side - we are losing too much time". Commentator: "athlete or course worker, they all get looked after exceptionally well"
latest report
Apparently got very cold the night before. Didnt seem to upset the womens race earlier too much but never seen a course setter come a cropper.
snow report
Delete double post

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 11-02-21 14:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Blimey, they keep on coming. So many DNFs this race!
snow report
Looking forward to the Downhill on this course...... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
When I saw Ghadina do a pre WSC run on the Vertigine - I thought it was rather flat, wide and boring - but WOW - what a race it has turned out to be.

Huge respect to Baumann and Brodie Seger - looks like the course is getting faster lower down
ski holidays
ster wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
pieman666 wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-sports/56011306

Awesome. Thanks.

Lara GB seems absolutely unstoppable this season. Didn’t expect her to be quicker than Shiffrin in GS though!

Looks like its done and dusted. L GB looked really smooth all the way down. Apparently Shiffrin has not skied a GS all season and has only had 4 days training.

I see there’s a Kenyan skier st 37?

FIS have released a side by side of Gut and Shiffrin

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLKJpuZnrAG/
snow report
Any ideas if the downhill training is being shown anywhere? Nothing on Beeb or Eurosport.
ski holidays
@Timmycb5, it on the Eurosport player - can’t say that the training is usually aired on the regular channels
snow report
Cheers
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like the gates above of the vertgine jump are causing some troubles - they look very tightly set, and the last gate on the canalone traverse which caught a few out yesterday on the SG is also having the same effect today.
Will be interesting to see how the tactics and lines are adjusted in tomorrows training.

On a separate note has any one else found the colours are off on some of the cameras - I found the reds to all be pinks yesterday at the start gate hut camera feed for example?
snow report
@extremerob, so is this the actual course that will be used as some those gated turns look pretty tight?
ski holidays
@ster, my understanding is they are allowed to change the position and distance of the gates based on the training runs - if the changes are significant the athletes are meant to be allowed a further training run.

I suspect they may open the gates above the vertigine jump- they have a further training session tomorrow which wouldn't make the decision to do so controversial, would be a bit more controversial if they made changes after tomorrows training run

It is just teething problems - either way it is an untested course other than being used for the italian nationals - there will be similar problems with Beijing 2022 - no one will have raced the courses in advance
ski holidays
I’m sure they will change something otherwise they may have more DNFs when the racers go down at full pelt than yesterday’s race, which will start to look a bit silly.
ski holidays
Am I the only one not getting coverage of the ladies DH training? Just the same annoying advert on loop
snow report
@extremerob, Yep, Red was broadcast as pink. The Austrian red was pink, threw me with the first runner (Austrian) out of the start hut viewed by the camera there.
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Alastair Pink, what are you watching it on? Eursport showing tennis and red button showing school stuff

I'm watching it on the Eurosport player app on my smartphone which I'm Chromecasting to my large screen TV. Smile

I went to watch the replay of the men`s Super G on the Eurosport player and the coverage starts about halfway through the race. All the top racers had already finished. rolling eyes
latest report
Try iPlayer?
snow conditions
The BBC Sport website is still showing Lara Gut-Behrami as being French.

When will they correct this. she is Swiss! Her husband is also Swiss.
snow report
Coverage of the Women's DH starting on BBC Red Button. The weather looks excellent, blue skies and sunshine. Smile
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Coverage of the Women's DH starting on BBC Red Button. The weather looks excellent, blue skies and sunshine. Smile

DH racing followed by 6nations rugby. I could get used to days like today.
latest report
Almost a perfect run from Suter. That’ll take some beating.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy