Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New FIS Ski WC 2020/21 Thread + Cortina WSC 2021

Poster: A snowHead
@ster, it's a comment on the current leader, could all change of course. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That crash looks a lot worse now with the helicopter involved than when he was sitting up moving around and smiling soon after. I wonder if he hit his head as it looked like he came down on it after being pitched into the air and hitting the deck when going into the nets.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And this one just looks bad from the start.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ster wrote:
And this one just looks bad from the start.

yes, that second one looks pretty bad. Sad Hope both racers are OK.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The helicopter does not mean the injuries are severe.
They have just said on Austrian TV that every injured racer is to be transported by helicopter. Either Innsbruck or Salzburg depending on the severity of the injuries.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like that second crashed racer has been given an official finishing time!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That last jump before the finish line is giving quite a few racers problems....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They are going pretty fast at the point coming into the finish , so I guess any little error can bite you?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ster, yes..he crossed the finish line
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ster wrote:
They are going pretty fast at the point coming into the finish , so I guess any little error can bite you?

Especially when they have raked it so its different to what they trained on
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is proving a long day. All these interruptions for the crashes and wind , now a crash in the womens with quite a thump.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx wrote:

Is there some rule that you need to have ski(s) attached when you cross to count or just as long as you cross?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ster, hmmm dunno
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ster wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

Is there some rule that you need to have ski(s) attached when you cross to count or just as long as you cross?

As I understand any three pieces of equipment, from skis and sticks.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I noticed that there is now a low step constructed on the Ziel schuss above the ziel jump. This is launching skiers and they are getting air under their skis, also the course is fast this year. But this is not new, the ziel schuss and jump have caused many a spectacular fall over the years as skiers' legs get tired and they struggle to hold the skis. Just ask the "Krazy Kanuks" - Ken Read and Todd Brooker.
snow report
davidthornton wrote:
ster wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

So if he/she only has two pieces are they allowed to run back and grab the third bit of kit?
What happens if they lose both skis but the skis make it over the line afterwards - like when do they stop the clock?
latest report
davidthornton wrote:
ster wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

I had a look at the FIS rules which say the line must be crossed
- on both skis or
- on one ski or (so Bode could have gotten a time)
- with both feet in case of a fall between the last gate and the finish.

So fine if when falling your foot doesnt become separated from your body as the skis go flying
snow report
I started off the morning watching the races, seeing the soft snow and thinking this is not the Hahnenkamm race of years go by - but the 500th WC DH was not without some excitement in the end - Johan Clarey has proven again that he still has it - maybe tomorrow could be his day?

I don't know how they mentally deal with the fact they have to race it again tomorrow - everything you hear is about the build up to the one race - while the races so far this season have all been without crowds, this is the first time I really noticed the lack of atmosphere. Maybe the lack of crowds coupled with the softer snow also made the commentating more muted than on the edge of your seat action from previous years.
snow conditions
I'm glad they don't race Kitz every week otherwise we wouldn't have enough downhill skiers to fill the podium by the end of the season.
ski holidays
@DB, indeed, it's one hell of a course and a lot of them were throwing caution to the wind, Feuz's run looked like he was on the edge for most of it, and occasionally over it!
ski holidays
I wouldn‘t like to crash in a car at over 145 km/h but some skiers were almost reaching 150 km/h.
latest report
Yep, regularly up at that speed, and probably flying, I would guess, in the region of 50-70m on the final jump...with tired legs Shocked
ski holidays
The bit that terrifies me is the Mausefalle. The hill is very steep, falling away from you as you launch off. After flying 40+ metres, on touching down you have to immediately turn a right angle onto a road at 80+ mph!
snow conditions
@Gordyjh, have you done it? Shocked
snow report
Criticism of the condition of the last jump from Johan Clarey, who of course did a good run to finish 4th: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/angry-clarey-rails-kitzbuehel-organisers-160743743.html

The report includes a photo of Kryenbühl's crash, showing his skis being destroyed as he falls. It was a brutal crash. Shocked
snow conditions
A few more here

https://talksport.com/sport/822153/urs-kryenbuhl-airlifted-hospital-horror-crash/

Pretty scary looking

Anything on his condition?
snow report
@ster, update on Urs Kryenbühl... he suffered a concussion, broken right collarbone, ACL tear, and MCL tear. That's his season done then.
snow report
@ster, concussion, broken collarbone, torn acl and mcl
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ster, wow! scary photos - you know it's bad when they don't reply the video after the crash on Eurosport!

Clarey's article makes you question the decision making - while the Mausefalle is serious, its at the start of the race - concentration is there and fatigue isn't a factor - I always thought the traverse and zielsprung were more dangerous and thankfully for RCS the netting did a great job today compared to accidents of previous years in the same place - it's frightening when you see crashes from before the 2000's when safety wasn't as it is today.

[img][/img]
ski holidays
Remarkable that those are his only injuries, I was worried the dude was dead. Was doing 150 when he took off and I doubt he slowed much before landing. IIRC that's around 80mph Shocked
ski holidays
Glad it wasn’t worse which it could have been, I think 150kmh = 93 mph.
Get the same sinking feeling when I see medics attending to a KOed boxer.
latest report
extremerob wrote:
@ster, wow! scary photos - you know it's bad when they don't reply the video after the crash on Eurosport!

Yes, its not a bad indicator. When I was watching they only replayed it once I think.
And he wasn't moving of his own volition for a good long while after he slid to a stop.

Looked like his injuries, though bad, could have been worse.

Sounds like that last jump might have to be rethought for next year as any stack off that thing is going to be bad with the speed.
ski holidays
RC-S has a minor cervical spine fracture. He's back at the team hotel
snow report
ster wrote:
Sounds like that last jump might have to be rethought for next year as any stack off that thing is going to be bad with the speed.

Any possibility of it being modified in some way for tomorrow's downhill?
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
ster wrote:

Any possibility of it being modified in some way for tomorrow's downhill?

I think they were already shaving bits off in today's race, I suspect it'll be a little lower tomorrow
latest report
@SnoodlesMcFlude, yes they did
latest report
I forgot there’s another tomorrow. If they are redoing the jump I assume they’ll send down a few less premier racers down to try it out first.
latest report
ster wrote:
I forgot there’s another tomorrow. If they are redoing the jump I assume they’ll send down a few less premier racers down to try it out first.

?? What?

Forerunners go down ....do you mean that?
latest report
There are four forerunners on the startlist.
snow report
rjs wrote:
There are four forerunners on the startlist.

Well I've heard of avalanche poodles before, I hope it's not a case of the forerunners now being crash poodles...... Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy